Gratuity

Live to Dream

In 8 cruises, I have never personally had bad service. But if you feel you want to remove gratuities, just remember that the gratuitiy is for your cabin stewards, food servers, and misc. Staff. So if you have great service from one and bad service from another, make sure you only take gratuity away from the ones who deserve it. There are a lot of people who remove gratuities just because, and then never tip anyone which is just plain wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

In 8 cruises, I have never personally had bad service. But if you feel you want to remove gratuities, just remember that the gratuitiy is for your cabin stewards, food servers, and misc. Staff. So if you have great service from one and bad service from another, make sure you only take gratuity away from the ones who deserve it. There are a lot of people who remove gratuities just because, and then never tip anyone which is just plain wrong.

Good point. The breakdown is: (per day)

Housekeeping Team: $4.05 ($5.05 for suites)

Dining Team: $6.40

Alternative Services: $2.50

If you go to guest services to removed/reduce, be specific on which part you are adjusting. As noted above, I've never had bad service that made me desire to adjust. The crew works for tips and it usually shows in their attitude and willingness to serve you.

Good point. The breakdown is: (per day)

Housekeeping Team: $4.05 ($5.05 for suites)

Dining Team: $6.40

Alternative Services: $2.50

If you go to guest services to removed/reduce, be specific on which part you are adjusting. As noted above, I've never had bad service that made me desire to adjust. The crew works for tips and it usually shows in their attitude and willingness to serve you.

Couldn't be said any better.

I guess that all depends on what you call bad service. We just got off the Dream with three cabins. I asked for both morning and evening service, but it was clearly not happening, so I caught the guy and asked him to just make sure I get four towels a day. The entire seven day cruise, I did not get my sheets changed or my bathroom even wiped down. I asked for robes on embarkation day and had to ask again on day three. Two days I got no fun times and I had to go find my own replacement room service menus, but he did get me my four towels a day after we spoke.

My mother comes to me late on day two and says she is still using the towels from embarkation day. He had not hit her room either day. So I spoke to him again. He said he was just having a hard time cleaning that many rooms and we had no problem after that.

This really was not a big deal, as all I really need is fresh towels. I can even make my own bed, but it was not good service. I left the tips alone, but no extra.

I did not even consider complaining. I know what it is like to work for a company who has set the bar for what should be reasonably performed in a day to an insane value.

We pre-paid our gratuities and decided not to eat in the MDR at all during our cruise, we went to the desk and they removed the dining room gratuities.

Unfortunately, what you did is remove the gratuities for those who served you on the Lido deck. Those gratuities are for dining services, not just the MDR servers.

One reason we do not prepay tips. Believe they cannot be removed once on the ship.

We have had awful service once in DR and we removed just their tips.

You can remove them, even if they are prepaid. They are refunded to your S&S.

The reason I asked is I just got off the Dream and had the worst ever service...saw the steward one time, bed never made and room not cleaned..also did jot bring. 3 nites of my Premire goodies..when asking her about the lack of service, she blamed the new little helper..actually witnessed the helper working her butt off while the head lady was just supervising....I took off the steward gratuity and gave the little helper a 100 bill in an envelope and gave it to her in front of the supervisor.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

The reason I asked is I just got off the Dream and had the worst ever service...saw the steward one time, bed never made and room not cleaned..also did jot bring. 3 nites of my Premire goodies..when asking her about the lack of service, she blamed the new little helper..actually witnessed the helper working her butt off while the head lady was just supervising....I took off the steward gratuity and gave the little helper a 100 bill in an envelope and gave it to her in front of the supervisor.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

What you described is unacceptable. Hope the helper got to keep your tip.

During one of our cruises, a waiter and his assistant were husband and wife. Their children lived with family in Thailand while they worked for 6-8 months at a time away from their families. If I can afford to go on a cruise, I can afford the gratuities, regardless of service. I always figure the cost into the price of the cruise. And then if I get great service, I tip extra. These people sacrifice a lot to provide for their families in ways most of us don't understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly. The buffet staff also rely on those gratuities. I wish peope understlld how these gratuities worked and how little these people make while working 10 to 12 hrs a day

Do the math. They're making a lot more than you think. Don't buy all of their sob stories about having a 3 eyed child that needs special surgery in Latvia at a world reknowned boutique clinic.

We pre-paid our gratuities and decided not to eat in the MDR at all during our cruise, we went to the desk and they removed the dining room gratuities.

The tips for the waitstaff are NOT just for the dining room people....so you stiffed those who served breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc...

The tips for the waitstaff are NOT just for the dining room people....so you stiffed those who served breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc...

Then why are people suggesting to remove a proportional amount per service area if they get bad service there? Does it affect that server or everyone?

A team is as good as its weakest link, unfortunately.