bed sheet change frequency

We have sailed on the Oasis class in Crown loft suites and asked for every other day sheet change over and got it.

Maybe the key is to kindly ask.

The towels were replaced twice daily.

And on the balcony they placed pool towels daily.

Marva is a saint (Allure)!!!!!

Safe travels.

Wow - you are wasteful - think of all that water, and heat to wash, dry and iron ! Twice daily towel changes too - good grief, do you really need a clean towel every time you shower ? Think of future generations as well as yourself.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

That furthers my inkling that sheets are not changed mid-week........they feel no different to me.

My question to everyone is how many times a week do you change your sheets at home? It tickles me to hear people complain about sheets not being changed every day when they don't change their sheets on their beds at home every day. Unless the sheets are stained then their is no need to change them everyday and I would hope that everyone showers before they go to bed anyway.

I've done some "spot tests" and find that the sheets are changed as required or at least every second day on Celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can tell you your " spot " check is pure BS, the cabin stewards DO NOT change sheets every two days, sorry....K.O.:rolleyes:

On our last cruise (Norwegian, not RCCL) we came back to our cabin to find our steward changing the sheets. This was about halfway through a 15 day cruise. I asked if this was done often and she said "every 7 days unless requested otherwise". She said that on the last cruise before us a woman had asked to have them changed every day "because she just loves the pampered feeling of clean sheets every night". The steward said the woman who requested this then removed gratuities at the end of the cruise. Some people don't care about others, the environment or looking foolish. They just "love to be pampered".

• 2 weeks later...

our first cruise Seven day I know they changed them once but every one since we seem to get the underachievers for stewards I don't mind tipping extra at the end of cruise if it's deserved but if that's what it takes daily for you to do your job I can go elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree about the linens change. What I'm MUCH more interested in is the "daily menu" of these people who talk about how bad the food is on ships. I'd also like to know what these people who complain about the Windjammer and how "the breakfast was the same all week" eat at home? Left-over Pizza Hut perhaps? Do they even EAT breakfast?

Why in the world would anyone need them changed during the week? Unless you (or your child) peed the bed, or you are an excessive sweater, or go to bed dirty, why would you change your sheets during the week at all? That's so wasteful, I hope they don't do that.

I have to agree with you. I always shower before going to bed, so why would my sheets be dirty? I change them once a week at home and really don't need more than that on a cruise.

So call me a linen snob. At home I change my sheets every 5th day. I love fresh linen. If I weren't lazy I'd do it daily. That being said, on the ship they usually change linen every third day. I am very conscious of it, so I pay attention. I usually ask the steward on the first day how often he/she does it and if the response is "every three days" OK with me. If not, I request it.

My bigger picture is "cleanliness is next to godliness." Not so much prayerful, but definitely clean. And I recycle religiously. Does that count?

Bigger picture is that you're using a ridiculous amount of water that has to be processed and desalinated in order to be used for your sheets, that weren't even dirty.

They say they will charge you, but we've noticed what seem to be fake scanning of towels lately.

Yes! When we were on Navigator we couldn't help but notice that they scanned the same barcode with the same scanner whenever we took out or returned a towel. And there didn't seem to be a computer or anything where they hit if you took one. They'd just scan and go back to talking.

Sent from Tapatalk

Yes! When we were on Navigator we couldn't help but notice that they scanned the same barcode with the same scanner whenever we took out or returned a towel. And there didn't seem to be a computer or anything where they hit if you took one. They'd just scan and go back to talking.

Sent from Tapatalk

On Anthem they scanned my WOW band whenever I took or returned towels.

Bigger picture is that you're using a ridiculous amount of water that has to be processed and desalinated in order to be used for your sheets, that weren't even dirty.

Ah.............OK. You keep clean your way; I, my way. You don't pay for water; I do. Unless of course NY has changed and residents are now charged for city water. I lived there once upon a time.

Ah.............OK. You keep clean your way; I, my way. You don't pay for water; I do. Unless of course NY has changed and residents are now charged for city water. I lived there once upon a time.

I was referring to while on the ship. The amount of resources they use. It's not about the cost it's about the environment.

It's just wasteful of resources to change sheets or replace towels that often. Think about the bigger picture.

Agree about the bed linens, but once used towels just don't get dry, so I like them changed daily.

• 2 months later...

I have put a small ink dot in a corner to of the sheet to verify if the sheets were changed. They were never changed during a week long cruise except when I specifically requested it.

At home I change the sheets once a week unless there is a reason to change them more frequently. I don't expect anything more on the ship. On the other hand, I never use a towel twice when I take a shower. I just have this thing that I won't use a towel on my face then on my rear end and feet.

I do have the towels changed daily and sometimes twice because if I end up taking 2 showers, then I want new towels each time. I only use the hand towels at home one day and I expect the same on the ship. And yes, I do pay for water, but that's how I was raised and I still do it.

Hi [emoji3]

I know they will change your towels if you drop them on the floor but do you know if they ever change your bed sheets in a week long cruise?

Thank you

On all my cruises sheet were changed every night according to the Stewards.

Wow - you are wasteful - think of all that water, and heat to wash, dry and iron ! Twice daily towel changes too - good grief, do you really need a clean towel every time you shower ? Think of future generations as well as yourself.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We don't reuse our towels at home so we are definitely not going to reuse them while vacationing.

I don't judge those who do reuse towels...

On all my cruises sheet were changed every night according to the Stewards.

Our experience has been that the sheets are usually changed once during a 7-night cruise.

At home we change sheets once a week, but many years ago when my husband was out of town for three months on business, I cheated by sleeping on my side for a week, then his side for a week before I changed the sheets. I found changing sheets a lot of work to do alone.

Margy

From our experience....

Sheets changed on 'turnaround day. Never during the cruise.

On some ships, towels were changed even if used ones were put back on the rail.

On other ships, towels were left on the rails but extra fresh clean towels were placed on the rack.