Really daft question

andynk

Hi all

I am going on my first cruise soon

I am going on the anthem of the seas (royal Caribbean)

My question is

Are there tea and coffee facilities in the cabins?

How much is coffee onboard and is it worth getting the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If tea and coffee facilities are in cabins depends on the cruise line and, in some cases, where the ship it cruising from. For example, NCL offers coffee makers in balcony cabins up - in suites you get an elaborate coffee/espresso/cappucino/tea/hot chocolate machine. On RCCL they usually offer coffee/tea makers in suites (Grand Suite and above) and on HAL they usually offer coffee/tea makers in suites. BTW, on RCCL the coffee is usually Seattle's Best or Lily's Brand.

However, if the ship is departing from a UK port, usually coffee/tea makers are included in all cabins on most cruise lines as this is something strongly preferred by those cruising from the UK.

As indicated by the above poster, coffee and tea (hot or cold) as well as lemonade are all offered for free on all cruiseline in all dining venues as well as through room service.

my experience is that coffee on cruise ships is never great. stuff in the dining room is better than that in buffet. what I sometimes do is bring an insulated mug and make mocha by doing half coffee half hot chocolate. have also got the coffee card to pick up morning lattes. on regal and royal princess the coffee shop had great pastries so picking up lattes with breakfast pastry was a daily ritual. worked out to be around $2.50 a latte

Not in your room. Are you asking about specialty coffees? Regular coffee and tea are free. Only you know if it would be worth it to pay for a package.

If tea and coffee facilities are in cabins depends on the cruise line and, in some cases, where the ship it cruising from. For example, NCL offers coffee makers in balcony cabins up - in suites you get an elaborate coffee/espresso/cappucino/tea/hot chocolate machine. On RCCL they usually offer coffee/tea makers in suites (Grand Suite and above) and on HAL they usually offer coffee/tea makers in suites. BTW, on RCCL the coffee is usually Seattle's Best or Lily's Brand.

However, if the ship is departing from a UK port, usually coffee/tea makers are included in all cabins on most cruise lines as this is something strongly preferred by those cruising from the UK.

As indicated by the above poster, coffee and tea (hot or cold) as well as lemonade are all offered for free on all cruiseline in all dining venues as well as through room service.

Our experience with RCI - at least with North Amercan based ships and itineraries - is that Junior Suites and higher stateroom categories have coffee / tea makers in the staterooms. All other stateroom categories do not. There may be exceptions to this with other categories with ships based in and with itineraries from the UK, but that is something I don't know for certain.

Your travel agent should have all this info at their fingertips. Your brochure should have it as well.

Room service can deliver a pot of coffee (and breakfast) every day to your cabin if you wish at no charge.

Our experience with RCI - at least with North Amercan based ships and itineraries - is that Junior Suites and higher stateroom categories have coffee / tea makers in the staterooms. All other stateroom categories do not.

You are correct. Junior Suites and above have ensuite coffee/tea makers.

Thanks for all the replies

Not an expert on coffee as long as it's hot.

The brochure doesn't really explain a lot

Thank god for this forum.

I

Just to clue you in, you get free coffee, hot or cold tea, lemonade and tap water 24x7. Then in the morning you can also get milk and juice - usually 2 or 3 kinds. If you drink juice or milk during the day or at night, go to the buffet, get what you want and put it in the refrigerator in your cabin. On some cruise lines you can also get hot chocolate easily and in the morning you can get chocolate as well as regular milk. Some cruise lines also have a free fruit drink which may change daily such as Mango or Orange-pineapple - not exactly juice but not bad in a pinch. RCCL also has a Starbucks onboard most ships which serves various types of coffee and tea drinks which costs extra - but then if you are hooked on Starbucks, you are used to paying a premium and it's nice to have it there.

• 2 months later...

So, on RC Anthem of the Seas, some cabins CAN have a coffee maker without shorting out the entire ship's electric system, resulting in a fire, but other (smaller) cabins can't? Moot point now, because I bought my spouse a French Press coffee maker (no electricity required.) What I haven't seen is how to get hot water so he can make it in the cabin. Maybe he has to go to Windjammer and make it there? OR, ask for it as part of (free for now) Continental breakfast room service?

Thank you so much for sharing your Starbucks coffee singles hint. I wonder if anyone who has used a French Press coffee maker onboard can tell me how to make coffee in the cabin so spouse can enjoy a hot cup on the balcony.

You can ask your room steward or go to customer services and ask for a kettle. I have done this several times on both RCI and Celebrity in the last 2 years and have always had one provided in the cabin and we usually sail in ordinary inside or ocean view cabins. These cruises were not sailing from the UK. One was from Venice, one from Singapore, one from Sydney and one from Miami.

I bring my own instant coffee granules and 'proper' tea bags. I get mugs from the buffet and would get milk and sugar from there too but I don't take either.

If you sail on P&O ships you get a proper hostess tray with the consumable items replenished when needed.

Edited by Izzywiz
Added extra information

Hi all

I am going on my first cruise soon

I am going on the anthem of the seas (royal Caribbean)

My question is

Are there tea and coffee facilities in the cabins?

How much is coffee onboard and is it worth getting the package.

If you are in a junior suite or above there will be a coffee maker and kettle in your cabin.

For lower grades you would have to ask your cabin steward if he could get you one and if he can give him a nice tip.