2day inaugural cruise...mentioned in press release? Anybody know anything?

cruisestitch

There will be 2, 2 night pre-inaugural cruises.

These will be for VIP's, Zeniths and TA's.

The "naming ceremony" will take place on the first cruise as well as the introduction of the godmother of the ship.

Lots of pomp and circumstance and fun! :)

Yes that's it. Thank you for finding it.

Can you point me to info about the naming ceremony and the other 2 night cruise?

I posted that link last week in one of the multitude of Edge threads, never saw anything about a 2 day cruise. Would not be surprised though as they usually do something for TA's etc. They have done them in the past in New York City. We did an event in NY when the Century was new, it was very nice, got to tour the ship and have lunch at the buffet.

The "naming ceremony" will take place on the first cruise as well as the introduction of the godmother of the ship.

Just wrote a long post and lost it to the robot, again! :mad:

I have to say that I am disappointed that our 12/16 will not be the first and those traveling on this cruise will not have the pomp and circumstance.:( Can the public book the other 4 nights?

Just wrote a long post and lost it to the robot, again! :mad:

I have to say that I am disappointed that our 12/16 will not be the first and those traveling on this cruise will not have the pomp and circumstance.:( Can the public book the other 4 nights?

No, the pre-inaugurals are by invitation only.

We sailed on the Oasis' Inaugural public sailing and it was Special. Lots going on, extra gifts on your bed each night...great fun!!!

They too had a 2 day sailing prior for VIP's and TA. I believe the actual naming of the ship was is Europe prior to it's sailing to the US.

We thought it was such fun that we booked this Inaugural 😊

Be on the look out for the unexpected. Cruise lines normally charge more for inaugural cruises because of the demand . But a change in sailing dates is not the norm; pre inaugural short runs for travel industry folks is also routine, but an inaugural is an inaugural.

BUT......watch Celebrity with date changes.

I booked the inaugural cruise on the Solstice the morning the books opened just like I did for the Edge. I booked a balcony on deck 6 just like I did for the Edge. I booked at a high price because it was he inaugural ( the second cruise on Solstice was substantially less). So the Edge booking process is exactly like what I went through for the Solstice. Then the unexpected.....

I read on Cruise Critic the Solstice was ahead of schedule and the inaugural was moved up, I think it was 1or 2 weeks. Was I notified, no. Was my travel agent notified, no. Was the price reduced because the original inaugural was no longer the inaugural....no. I called my travel agent an immediately changed the booking.

Then another slap, Celebrity scheduled a 4 night pre inaugural for travel agents....no surprise. But then I learned through cruise critic that same 4 night cruise was being offered to the general public. All the goodies for the inaugural were handed out on the 4 night cruise. There was nothing, repeat nothing on the "inaugural" that reflected its first sailing....when I asked why not the crew said oh, you should have been on the inaugural, not the inaugural 7 nighter.

So I am going to follow the construction of the Edge very closely. On positive, Meyer Werft is either on time or early....they built Solstice. Fincantieri is either on time or delayed.....so perhaps my concerns of an early sailing date are out of line. If there are changes I hope Celebrity communicates those changes to those of us paying the premium for the inaugural.

We booked the original Solstice inaugural.

Yes, the ship was delivered early. We were notified, and were able to move our arrangements up to sail on the "new" inaugural date. There were "gifts" left on our stateroom bed almost every night.

I must admit the Solstice inaugural sailing did not in any way match the inaugural sailing of the TS Hamburg I was on out of NY in 1969. Times have changed. But there is still something special about being on an inaugural, and we are happy to be on the Edge for hers. :)

So is that the inaugural, pre inaugural or pre pre Europe inaugural you're on? :D;p - sorry, couldn't resist.

The Inaugural, of course.

We've been on the inaugurals of the Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, and Reflection. Why stop now? :D

It is my understanding that the pre inaugural cruises mentioned are non revenue producing . The Inaugural cruise is really the first revenue producing cruise. Have never been invited to this type of event and would certainly look forward to it. Hopefully, arrangements will be made far enough in advance to make certain that I could accept an invitation if offered.

That´s what I would have said too but you forgot media ;)!

In the past there were sweepstakes where you could win a cabin in one of those pre inaugurals which are cruises to nowwhere. Those are invitation only and mainly for Zeniths, travel agents and media. Usually one of those cruises is including the naming ceremony.

steamboats

This 4 days has been on the cards from the off, with 2 x 2 days. I've luckily been on a few (invitation only) and they are great.

The ship is usually only 50-60% capacity on both and most of the main suites are made available for all the photos to be taken by the VIP's, press and agents etc.

And the naming cermony is always a nice privilege to be at.

I'm really not upset this is going on as it was totally expected.

That´s what I would have said too but you forgot media ;)!

In the past there were sweepstakes where you could win a cabin in one of those pre inaugurals which are cruises to nowwhere. Those are invitation only and mainly for Zeniths, travel agents and media. Usually one of those cruises is including the naming ceremony.

steamboats

Yes, my bad, I forgot the Media.

Thanks for reminding me! :)