Independence April 2018 Drydock

Joe12

Will be independence still have a concierge lounge available to Diamond plus after drydock?

Indy has far more passengers than any other liberty class ship so far as I am aware. I spoke to one of the entertainment team who was in club with us with friends who were visiting him he said the club was staying. If the club stays the viking crown won't be changed and the Diamond Lounge will probably remain intact as well unless that is turned into the escape room. If the club does go like the on the other ships they will have to changed the kids policy in the viking crown lounge because the club was always over 18s only and running from 11pm or midnight with under 17 curfew which I think personally is too late. I think the refit will take so long because of the slides they are installing. They will rip up all of the splash zone and repipe the water and drainage for the slides. The entire topside of deck 13 is also going to be revamped and a lot of virtual balconies are coming in as well

in answer to some other posts. the mini golf was still there. we saw the grease production on the independance a week earlier. we walked out of show. very little semblance to the movie with much potty talk and a lot of giving the finger to each other in the show. waste of time. just threw something together to set up for the big song numbers and thats about it.

Indy has far more passengers than any other liberty class ship so far as I am aware.

All the Freedom class ships (Liberty, Indy) have virtually the same capacity (the Wiki entry is a bit misleading as it lists the max capacity, not the usual double capacity)

All the Freedom class ships (Liberty, Indy) have virtually the same capacity (the Wiki entry is a bit misleading as it lists the max capacity, not the usual double capacity)

Indy is the same size as liberty but smaller than navigator. If the club goes the reason is so they can shut the ship down at midnight and cut down on the amount of drink people consume. People on my cruise paid 650 bucks for a weeks drink package and drunk 2500 or even more bucks worth of booze I drunk 2000 bucks worth myself.

You may want to cut back on that drinking - Navigator is smaller than Indy.:p

I have not drunk since I have been back.:halo:. If they move the club into the viking crown lounges top deck lounges 19th hole whatever they have then they have to restrict age to those venues at a certain time because the club has always been over 18 or 21. Also different types of music are offered in these venues piano player, singing band etc etc. Part of the problem with seating in the bars is kids are seated in the bars with adults even at tables by themselves. On the indy there were teenage or even younger girls drinking pepsi or whatever at a table in a group with no adults at 11pm at night no wonder they have seating problem.

Currently Freedom and Liberty have much higher capacity. However, I'm sure Indy will catch up with the added cabins on 3 and 12 in particular.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Currently Freedom and Liberty have much higher capacity. However, I'm sure Indy will catch up with the added cabins on 3 and 12 in particular.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

They should just turn the ship into a quantum/oasis class or would that take too much construction work. And they should ban children from the bars after 10pm so their are sufficient seats for the adults. It is going to be worse with the removal of a 220 person club running from 11pm at night. I doubt people will buy 600 dollar drinks packages and have just drink with dinner if they can't get into the bars like we couldn't on the epic and people couldn't on the liberty.

Edited by ace2542

Ares they seriously only putting in Splashaway bay? I was looking forward to Perfect Storm coming, is it only a revamped kiddies play area? :(

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8090

Phew glad i searched it seems it's much more than that !

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/independence-of-the-seas/new-in-2018-makeover/

Ares they seriously only putting in Splashaway bay? I was looking forward to Perfect Storm coming, is it only a revamped kiddies play area? :(

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8090

Phew glad i searched it seems it's much more than that !

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/independence-of-the-seas/new-in-2018-makeover/

It would be great if they do not add this ugly looking perfect storm waterslides on the back of Indy just to provide some minutes of fun for children. Who needs waterslides while traveling e.g. in Norway or Scandinavia? The silhouette of Liberty has been destroyed already so it would a positive surprise not to change Indy the same way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 months later...