What determines an invite to Helipad for sail aways?

Pier290

Who gets these?

Certain status?

Random cabins?

Can u ask to go??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I think mainly these invites are for high level members & suite guests, however this isn't always the case and can be quite random who gets an invite,

Personally, I've received a couple of invites when I was a Classic/select member, nothing since being elite (around 4-5 cruises) and a friend received one once as a solo, select member in an inside cabin but we didn't as elite members in concierge class, so there really isn't an actual system some of the times,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Shocked you've not had an invite, Mr T, as an Elite member, I've always been under the impression it was suites, Elite and above CC members and any VIPs. I presume they are restricted to a certain number for H&S reasons, so it would be unlikely for X to accept everyone who did ask to be included (could be half the ship :D). Your invite also describes the dress code for the event :).

The funniest experience of this was once on a sail into Venice, we were getting ready to go up to the helipad for the sail in, we opened our blinds once we were dressed only to discover we had already passed St Marks, oops somebody had got their wires crossed. Xx

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were invited 2 years ago on Eclipse.

It was our first Celebrity cruise and we were in a Concierge Class cabin.

But I have to add that it was a group cruise organized by a local TA. All the people participating on this trip received an invitation, regardless of captains club level or cabin category..

The group leader even got invited for 2 seperate sail aways.

It seems they always get extra perks like Helipad sail away, bridge tours, ...

So my guess would be that they invite the people they see as the best investment opportunities. This could be Captains Club level, cabin category or groups of TA's that frequently cruise with Celebrity.

This is also how I would do it myself...

One thing to keep in mind is that on some itineraries there is no appropriate port, while on others (like the Caribbean) there may be several on a single cruise.

The Captain's Club Host/Hostess often organizes the sail away functions. There could be invitations to Loyalty members, to suites, to private groups (like a travel agent group cruise), or sometimes no one at all because the port isn't conducive to opening the helipad.

One thing to keep in mind is that on some itineraries there is no appropriate port, while on others (like the Caribbean) there may be several on a single cruise.

The Captain's Club Host/Hostess often organizes the sail away functions. There could be invitations to Loyalty members, to suites, to private groups (like a travel agent group cruise), or sometimes no one at all because the port isn't conducive to opening the helipad.

You are correct! Basically invitations are based on who's doing the inviting. Usually the Captain's Club Host, but often the Michael's Club Concierge. The MCC usually limits invitations to those who are entitled to use Michael's Club. It's the Captain's call whether to allow a helipad sail a way.

I agree with Orator. I believe it is who is sending out the invitations. We were in CC on the Silhouette 2 weeks ago and got an invite from the Concierge Class coordinator. Received a second invite on the same cruise from the Captains Club person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last September aboard Millie the Cruise Director made an announcement that anyone was welcome to come up to the Helipad for sail-IN to the port of Kobe, Japan. We, along with I'd say a couple hundred took him up on the offer. Our arrival time into Kobe was around Noon as opposed to a more typical early morning arrival. It was great to arrive at this port & city enjoying the views from the Helipad vantage point. A great memory on what was an awesome itinerary throughout Japan.

I think invite is a bit random.

I was invited for the sail in to Santorini on our August 2016 cruise.

It was only our second ever x cruise and we were aqua class.

I couldn't go as we were due in the theatre to be first off with the tenders for a prebooked trip:(

How was the invite received? A contact before the cruise? Or after you're on board? An invite in your cabin? Thanks!

Been invited more times than I can count. Always an invitation sent to cabin.

We've been invited about 4 or 5 times, most of the invites were when we were in suites. The 1st time I think it was the Cruise Critic members who attended the meet & mingle event. We were not in a suite that time and were still CC elite or below.

The invitation will be delivered to your cabin.

An invite in your cabin. As others have posted, the invite may be based on loyalty status or cabin category. It is always subject to the Captain giving approval and may be limited by numbers for security/safety reasons.

Never had an individual invite but on the Millennium last month between Hong Kong and Shanghai Captain Nicholas invited the entire ship several times for arrivals that involved going under big bridges and a few departures too. A lot depended on the weather. If the weather was good the announcements were made.

I agree with Orator. I believe it is who is sending out the invitations. We were in CC on the Silhouette 2 weeks ago and got an invite from the Concierge Class coordinator. Received a second invite on the same cruise from the Captains Club person.

This was our experience on the Silhouette last week. It was for San Juan sail in and St Maarten sail out.

I think invite is a bit random.

I was invited for the sail in to Santorini on our August 2016 cruise.

It was only our second ever x cruise and we were aqua class.

I couldn't go as we were due in the theatre to be first off with the tenders for a prebooked trip:(

That's too bad. :( Why could you not have gone to the sail-in, and then left for the theatre as soon as the ship started to anchor?

We have been invited 3 or 4 times. Only once were we in a Suite. And we were Elite all the times. On two cruises, we were invited twice (In an SS and the other an AQ.) On the cruise in a AQ, it seemed to always be our Roll Call group up on the helipad. Who knows! :cool:

We have had several invites (we are now E+and almost always cruise in suites), probably one every cruise. We would not know, however, if there had been events at other ports for other groups...For example, we could have been invited to a sail out of Venice, but other people on the same cruise could have been invited to a sail out of Split...unless someone told you, you would not know a helipad sail away was going on...

It would be nice to think that as many groups as possible got to enjoy these events...