Should a can of soda be included in the Classic Drinks Package?

AnOnymously

Should a can of soda be included in the Classic Drinks Package?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Should a can of soda be included in the Classic Drinks Package?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Think this is much ado about nothing. We have never been refused a can of soda on tge Classic package. We go to the bar ask for a can of tonic, Sprite, coke whatever to take to our cabin. They swipe the card & hand us our can of soda.

This is something new. They have actually made the classic package much more appealing by letting people pay the difference in price for drinks not included in your package. Before you had to pay the full cost of the drink. The new package rules definitely say fountain sofa is included for Classic and cans for Premium. This is something new. If you'd rather go back to having to pay the full price for Premium liquor, I'm sure they'd be happy to give you a can of soda.

The only reason they would do this is because people were probably abusing the system. When you pour someone a drink they need to consume it right away. Cans are another story, people can stock up and I'm sure there are always some who loaded up for themselves and others. I may be wrong but it's the only reason I can think of that they would do this.

This is something new. They have actually made the classic package much more appealing by letting people pay the difference in price for drinks not included in your package. Before you had to pay the full cost of the drink. The new package rules definitely say fountain sofa is included for Classic and cans for Premium. This is something new. If you'd rather go back to having to pay the full price for Premium liquor, I'm sure they'd be happy to give you a can of soda.

The only reason they would do this is because people were probably abusing the system. When you pour someone a drink they need to consume it right away. Cans are another story, people can stock up and I'm sure there are always some who loaded up for themselves and others. I may be wrong but it's the only reason I can think of that they would do this.

But couldn't they still do the same with beer? It's easy to ask them not to open it.

But couldn't they still do the same with beer? It's easy to ask them not to open it.

I'm sure they could and do but it's more likely the problem is underage people or people who don't drink alcohol. You can only drink so much alcohol. Like I said I may be wrong. It would also be very easy for them to decide that beer needs to be opened when ordered.

I am not sure whether or not the canned soda is covered because two different places on celebrities website refer to them differently.

There was one quoted above that lists the liquors available under each package and can soda is listed under premium while fountain soda is listed under classic.

But if you go to the main beverage package page; classic states 'enjoy your favorite coca-cola can and fountain soda selections'. Under premium it says 'savor nearly our entire selection of sodas onboard including all canned and fountain soft drinks'

Also if you click on the soda link under the package description, this comes up

2e127a6c9fb57b2d298de01553cddf8e.jpg

So it appears to me canned sodas are included under classic; not sure what people's onboard experience is with it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I liked the fact that I could get a can of soda when exiting the ship to go in town or on excursion. Not possible anymore. I can see people bringing cases of Coke aboard.

The fact is the can probably cost them less than .25 but cost maybe .05 in a fountain and they can add more ice to the glass (even less sof drink). They are making 100's of thousands with this. They will not back down. Too bad for their image.

I liked the fact that I could get a can of soda when exiting the ship to go in town or on excursion. Not possible anymore. I can see people bringing cases of Coke aboard.

The fact is the can probably cost them less than .25 but cost maybe .05 in a fountain and they can add more ice to the glass (even less sof drink). They are making 100's of thousands with this. They will not back down. Too bad for their image.

I have the Classic Package and plan to stop in the supermarket near the Venice cruise port to pick up a 6 pack or two for our 9-day Adriatic cruise. It's not a big deal to do that pick up.

I have never seen "fountain drinks" on X ships. All soda is in cans. Some people get all wound up over nothing. If one has a drinks package get on board and enjoy it and stop looking for problems where there aren't any. For Petes sake time some people started enjoying their holiday

Cans of Soda are not included with the Classic package. Use this URL from Celebrity"s website https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf to see exactly what you get from the beverage package.

In other spots ok celebrities website it says they are included. This screen shot is from today...

10a36f5d31af371e84f3c2ae240535e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums