Should a can of soda be included in the Classic Drinks Package?

AnOnymously

Should a can of soda be included in the Classic Drinks Package?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Should a can of soda be included in the Classic Drinks Package?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

10a36f5d31af371e84f3c2ae240535e3.jpg

But this is from the NON-alcholic classic package. Whilst they used to say that the classic alc package included other packages that is no longer true here https://secure.celebritycruises.com/...-Bev-Pckgs.pdf.

That would seem to be one of the changes.

Ah, your right. I assumed the classic alcohol package would be inclusive of the classic non-alcohol package; but that may not be true

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ah, your right. I assumed the classic alcohol package would be inclusive of the classic non-alcohol package; but that may not be true

From the UK website:

"Classic Drinks Package: Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic soft drinks package, plus all beers up to $6 per serving, wines up to $9.00 per glass and spirits and cocktails $8 per glass. Plus, with the purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

$55.00 per person, per day*"

So if now you can pay the difference on either package, it seems to be much less attractive to upgrade to the premium package unless you are going to have 2.5 drinks per day minimum over $9. Otherwise, just pay the difference on the occasional drink over that you want.

This doesn't really make sense to me to change this policy.

For us the change is not appealing...we like canned soda including coke, club soda,& ginger ale, which are now removed from Classic.

They also took off aspen coffee, baileys, & amaretto....long time favorites...nothing else premium really interests us so in essence we will lose the cans and have to pay extra for 3 items previously included...

We will also have to pay a grat on the upcharges and check our hard cooy receipts against the tv account each day if we order up..

Cans of Soda are not included with the Classic package. Use this URL from Celebrity"s website https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf to see exactly what you get from the beverage package.

So when the beverage package is included as a perk when you book a cruise do I assume that means 'Standard Package' and how do I tell what is included? At least drinks are listed under the 'Classic Package' so I can see what is offered.

I will refuse payment at the end of my cruise for liquor that moved from Classic to Premium and for canned sodas. I paid for the cruise which described on the Celebrity site the Classic Alcoholic beverage before this new package was posted.I agreed to pay with the understanding that Celebrity will provide the package described at the time of purchase. How can they change their package after I bought the ticket and expect me to pay more? I wouldn't have bought a ticket had I known of the change, but now I'm forced to accept and pay more and I can't get a refund to cancel cause I've paid in full and scheduled to leave in 30 days. It could be called "Bait and Switch" or "False Advertising" either way its wrong. Give me what I paid for because that's what was agreed upon, not this new package. Some like it, but they have a choice to choose before paying. Also same for those that don't like they have a choice before payment. I don't.

I will refuse payment at the end of my cruise for liquor that moved from Classic to Premium and for canned sodas. I paid for the cruise which described on the Celebrity site the Classic Alcoholic beverage before this new package was posted.I agreed to pay with the understanding that Celebrity will provide the package described at the time of purchase. How can they change their package after I bought the ticket and expect me to pay more? I wouldn't have bought a ticket had I known of the change, but now I'm forced to accept and pay more and I can't get a refund to cancel cause I've paid in full and scheduled to leave in 30 days. It could be called "Bait and Switch" or "False Advertising" either way its wrong. Give me what I paid for because that's what was agreed upon, not this new package. Some like it, but they have a choice to choose before paying. Also same for those that don't like they have a choice before payment. I don't.

Really, you wouldn't have bought a ticket on the cruise?

Yes. And certainly nothing in the future. How can you buy something and find out you're not getting what you paid for? Who knows what will change next. Celebrity just lack any integrity to me. I'll go back to Princess even if it cost more.

Yes. And certainly nothing in the future. How can you buy something and find out you're not getting what you paid for? Who knows what will change next. Celebrity just lack any integrity to me. I'll go back to Princess even if it cost more.

While I can see it as annoying; since you can still bring canned soda on it's not catastrophic for your trip.

It could be said that you are getting more than you paid for depending on what choices you make. I have a feeling you don't have much cruising experience. Good luck to you, whatever you choose.

Has anyone noticed that the smoothie and the frozen drink were taken away from the classic?

I certainly hope not. My OH doesn't drink alcohol but enjoys mocktails and frozen virgin drinks. If these have gone from the Classic Package he will be stuck with water as the only drink he would have from the Classic Package.

Would be interested to hear from those onboard as to wether this is true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just checked with passengers who have left the Celebrity Solstice in the past couple of days and those currently on the solstice. They confirm that cans of soft drink are included in the classic package although as one passenger put it she prefers her softdrink in her Bourbon

Just checked with passengers who have left the Celebrity Solstice in the past couple of days and those currently on the solstice. They confirm that cans of soft drink are included in the classic package although as one passenger put it she prefers her softdrink in her Bourbon

Soltice roll out of the package changes isn't until 4/20.

I certainly hope not. My OH doesn't drink alcohol but enjoys mocktails and frozen virgin drinks. If these have gone from the Classic Package he will be stuck with water as the only drink he would have from the Classic Package.

Would be interested to hear from those onboard as to wether this is true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As long as he has the classic alcohol package, I can't imagine that if you could get a pina colada, and you ask them to hold the rum, that that wouldn't be included.

One may like to have a look at the info given out on the Constellation pertaining to the amended drinks packages

Page 6 #107

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2478432&page=6

Yes, one of an array published by X, which is completely different to this one: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=405802&d=1491580702

We're hoping they've backtracked and decided to keep the 'cans' in, after all, they are a 'classic' :p.

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck making that argument especially if you sign and approve the extra charges each time you have one.

The new package rules definitely say fountain sofa is included for Classic and cans for Premium. This is something new. If you'd rather go back to having to pay the full price for Premium liquor, I'm sure they'd be happy to give you a can of soda.

WOW. Unbelievable! We get the classic package as part of the promo and the only thing my DH drinks is Diet Coke and he wants cans, not a watered down fountain drink.