Port of Seattle launches free airport luggage service

MVPinBoynton

We used this service a few years back, and it was great. Sad that we won't be able to use it again for our upcoming cruise, since our flight home is at 10:55 and misses the cut off at 11:00. We don't usually do a return flight that early, but the next one isn't until 3 something.

• 7 months later...
47 minutes ago, abugarcia1 said:

With cruise season returning I have confirmed with the Port of Seattle that this is still available. Sounds like a very convenient option and convenience!

It was a great service

• Like 2

Has anyone done this with an 11:35am flight? My friend is nervous the flight time is to early, this luggage service would make it much easier.

Never mind I see Seahag said cut off is 11am. I could not find that info on the website.

Edited by vikkster
addl info

Has anyone used this service when their flight involved an international leg? 
e.g. Seattle to Boston and then onwards to Europe? 
I know I could never do curbside check-in/bag drop when I was on business trips and flying from the US to Ireland. Even on my most recent trip I couldn’t get the jet blue self check-in terminals to cooperate at the airport. 

On 3/20/2022 at 11:43 AM, eileeshb said:

Has anyone used this service when their flight involved an international leg? 
e.g. Seattle to Boston and then onwards to Europe? 
I know I could never do curbside check-in/bag drop when I was on business trips and flying from the US to Ireland. Even on my most recent trip I couldn’t get the jet blue self check-in terminals to cooperate at the airport. 

The site says international flights are also allowed.

I am flying to an international destination; can I still participate in the program?
Yes, we are now offering Onboard Airline Check-In for international flights of the participating airlines, with the exception of Delta Airlines. 

Edited by Luckysll
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

What is interesting is the link in my reservation confirmation is not working and I'm unable to login.  One of the errors is a certificate mismatch.  Not real good with the back-end networking stuff. Wonder if their certificate expired or if they changed IP or server names?

I plan to use port valet in seattle for my discovery princess cruise which ends on june 19 2022.

if there is a flight delay or cancellation which results in new flight after my bags have left the ship for the airport 

how do i reconnect with my bags after my flight? flight date and time and even airport might be changed.  

2 minutes ago, enyliram said:

I plan to use port valet in seattle for my discovery princess cruise which ends on june 19 2022.

if there is a flight delay or cancellation which results in new flight after my bags have left the ship for the airport 

how do i reconnect with my bags after my flight? flight date and time and even airport might be changed.  

That I don't know.  But, I sent a question to the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page and they were very responsive.  Received an answer in a couple of hours on a Sunday (today).  I was not expecting to hear anything until at least Monday.

https://portvalet.maketraveleasier.com/

Your bags should still end up at your home airport.  I don't think there very many multi day weather relays in air flights during the summer months, unlike snow delays that can disrupt travel for days. Not sure about a pilot's strike though.

But honestly, I am not sure if your scenario happens enough to really even worry about it

Recently used this service (May 30 - Quantum of the Seas) and it was great.  Signed up before sailing and received baggage tags in our cabin the night prior to disembarkation.  Our friends did the same, however, they found they needed to check one more bag.  No problem, they went to guest services on board and received another luggage tag.  We traveled non stop back to Orlando and bags arrived with us.  Our friends connected through Atlanta and their bags did not connect.  The bags were delivered to their home the next morning and placed right inside their door.  So....they put their bags out the night before disembarkation and didn't touch them again until they were home.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cuatthesea said:

Recently used this service (May 30 - Quantum of the Seas) and it was great.  Signed up before sailing and received baggage tags in our cabin the night prior to disembarkation.  Our friends did the same, however, they found they needed to check one more bag.  No problem, they went to guest services on board and received another luggage tag.  We traveled non stop back to Orlando and bags arrived with us.  Our friends connected through Atlanta and their bags did not connect.  The bags were delivered to their home the next morning and placed right inside their door.  So....they put their bags out the night before disembarkation and didn't touch them again until they were home.

Wow this is great!  We have a 10 PM flight the day we get back to Seattle and were wondering what we could do with our suitcases!  We were thinking about trying to go stand by on an earlier flight though so I'm not sure how that would work.  Do you know or can anyone tell me is Seattle still safe?  We haven't been there in years but I understand it's not the safe city it used to be.  We fly in on a night flight and would like to explore the next day ( we don't get on the cruise until the following day) but I'm hesitant about going to tourist spots due to the high crime.  Any suggestions?

On 6/7/2022 at 12:32 AM, camella said:

Wow this is great!  We have a 10 PM flight the day we get back to Seattle and were wondering what we could do with our suitcases!  We were thinking about trying to go stand by on an earlier flight though so I'm not sure how that would work.  Do you know or can anyone tell me is Seattle still safe?  We haven't been there in years but I understand it's not the safe city it used to be.  We fly in on a night flight and would like to explore the next day ( we don't get on the cruise until the following day) but I'm hesitant about going to tourist spots due to the high crime.  Any suggestions?

We are taking red eyes back home the day of our cruise also.  We have rented a car at the airport for the day.  Using this service, we don't even have to check in to get rid of our bags!!  Perfect for us.

We are arriving a couple days early to enjoy Seattle....never gave 'high crime' a thought.  We are traveling with 3 kids.  Is this something we should be concerned about?  🤕

1 hour ago, itsanita said:

We are arriving a couple days early to enjoy Seattle....never gave 'high crime' a thought.  We are traveling with 3 kids.  Is this something we should be concerned about?  🤕

Please don't let others scare you.  As in all cities, use your common sense and have situational awareness when you are out and about.  Enjoy your visit.