The suite life may be over now...

tomcruiser1234

Wow,

We have gotten to travel in Suites for the last couple of years and just loved it. However, the cost now has all of a sudden gone through the roof. Celebrity has certainly up the perks but the costs even more...

Were going back to our old reliable Veranda... We can buy our perks for a lot less..

Whats your thoughts????

I agree the prices can be high, fortunately we have been able to find what we feel are reasonable prices for some of our future cruises.

We have 3 cruises booked in Suites -a B2B where we found group rates reducing the cost of the 2 cruises by just over $5k with all the perks Celebrity offers.

The 3rd we booked when the sailing was released and we snagged a Royal Suite (milestone bday & anniversary cruise) for $346pp with Go Best and Unlimited Speciality Dining and $1,000 OBC from the TA which will end up refunded our credit card.

If we don't find suite prices reasonable we book AQ.

Hey I love Celebrity product.

We have had booked Sky's up to the Penthouse suite over the last 10 years but prices seem to have more than doubled. Most 14 day cruises for 2 are now 10K to 20k per cabin. Were only 500 points away from Zenith class so you know we love the program.

Some said the prices on the S class might moderate as the Edge Class ship cruises become available. We booked several Suites 2 years back and have gotten the extra new perks at the old rates so can't complain about that;p.....I guess we got spoiled...LOL

We have done an SI for the past two years, in fact just got back Saturday. We also have done a regular veranda the preceding week resulting in a back to back.

We booked for April of 2019 on a 10 day Reflection Southern Caribbean (or may be called Ultimate Caribbean). The 10 day is in a suite, (of course for the entire 10 days as we can't change cabins like we had the past 2 years) and is in the same Aft Suite we had for one week this last cruise. The cost was less than the total of our last two weeks, of only one suite and one verandah, but very close. I guess to me that translates to it hasn't gone up much to get 10 suite days for the same cost of 7 suite/7 non suite. At least the way I look at it! Now, on the Edge, that is a different story!

I agree the prices can be high, fortunately we have been able to find what we feel are reasonable prices for some of our future cruises.

We have 3 cruises booked in Suites -a B2B where we found group rates reducing the cost of the 2 cruises by just over $5k with all the perks Celebrity offers.

The 3rd we booked when the sailing was released and we snagged a Royal Suite (milestone bday & anniversary cruise) for $346pp with Go Best and Unlimited Speciality Dining and $1,000 OBC from the TA which will end up refunded our credit card.

If we don't find suite prices reasonable we book AQ.

Jelayne,

Are you saying that you found group rates on suites? I was told that they never have those on suites, so please give me a hint as to where you got this deal from and I will be most grateful!

Thanks...:confused:

Also: Whatever type cabin you book, it usually has to do with where you want to spend your money, along with how many days you want to cruise, IMHO. This is a very personal choice; however, the suite life is hard to give up once you have been there...my DH knew that this would happen after our first great deal on a suite. He is happy in a veranda, but unfortunately, I am not a happy camper, so we sail in suites.

Edited by Lastdance

I hate to be contrary but when I checked out the prices for the 8 night fjords cruise last November when the 2018 itinerary was realeased, the cruise in Sept 2017 for sky suite 2155, with the second passenger half price was £9186 clear.png?emoji-eek-1725 . The Sept 2018 cruise with no offers in the same suite was £6264 clear.png?emoji-smile-1742 . Same itinerary, same time of year but £3k cheaper clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

So from what I see for the particular cruise I was interested in it is in fact cheaper.

We've actually booked an RS to bypass the lack perks clear.png?emoji-cool-1690 and at only £9800 the price seem pretty good.

I've noticed the increase in the suite prices as well. I usually take what I call two luxury vacations and one "budget" vacation per year. My higher end trip per night budget is pretty high and if I'm going off season in the Caribbean (which I usually do) there are a lot of choices once you get into the $1200-$2000 per night price range. In season is a different story as the rates for the higher end hotels doubles which makes them way out of my price range so the cruise definitely becomes a more viable option as the prices don't seem to fluctuate seasonally as much. I would never do my budget trip on a cruise even with all of the free balcony offers I get from Blue Chip as I can't stand lines and crowds and would rather do a quiet low key resort somewhere like Cottages by the Sea in St. Croix ($180 a night right on a million dollar beach) or even the Presidente Intercontinental in Cozumel (only about $350 per night).

For what Celebrity is asking for some of the higher end suites off season in the Carib (and that's with a significant Blue Chip Club discount in my case), I could stay at the Ritz Dorado Beach Reserve with butler and private plunge pool in PR, charter a private plane for a few day trips to go to St. Thomas or the BVI's from there and still end up with change. Also could stay at the Aman resort with private cove and pool in Turks & Caicos for about the same money or even at any Four Seasons Resort for less than half the price (Tortuga Bay in Punta Cana would also be less than half price and they whisk you through the airport and give you golf carts, Frette linens, cell phone to call your butler etc). Shoot for the price of some the 10 night Penthouse itineraries, we could do an over water bungalow in Bora Bora for 10 nights with business class air from NY.

That being said, there are still some itineraries that have a good per night price in either a Royal or Penthouse suite (have one booked on Equinox for June 4th). I value the Royal Suite at about $900 per night for two and a Penthouse at about $1,500. Anything over that, I personally find better value elsewhere. The sky suites however, are a very good value for what is included, just haven't tried one yet. I'm looking to do a cruise this fall, but am not finding any good values right now, if not I'll do a land trip.

I guess my point is that if you break it down to a per night basis (for the cabin, not per person) and compare it to what you can get otherwise, it will give you a true indicator as to what your money is buying. At least that is how I make my decisions for now.

Neda

I'm paying 1333 a night for two for celebrity suite in the baltics this summer I thought it was excessive but I wanted to go and I wanted the suite really I wanted a royal suite but for twelve days it was 30k us

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After 25 cruises with X it`s Oceania and Crystal for us. X is becoming too much like Royal for us.

Your comments worry me.

We have only cruised Oceania,since before they owned the line, along with Crystal. Just recently were able to get a PH out of NY on the Summit which eliminates flying for us. Now I worry that we will dislike the ship and the many passengers. We do spend most of our time in the suite if that helps.

Could you please tell us more about why X is no longer for you??

I think X is still the best of the Mass cruise lines. I am sure at some point I will cruise with them again. I think I am tired of dealing with 2800 people. X is also wooing families and that is not the suite / luxury I am looking for at this point in life. We still enjoy sun, good food , cocktails, wine and enjoyable passengers to get together with. We find Oceania and Crystal to be a perfect fit. We have been loyal to X for 17yrs. just time for a change.

We were not crazy about Luminae. If we shop around we find the prices are not much different than Oceania and Crystal and food is so much better than Luminae.

I will look forward to the reviews of the retreat on the new Edge ship. Sounds like connecting cabins will get suite benefits. Many family`s with children is not my idea of a suite retreat. No I don`t dislike well behaved children. Just not the right fit for me.

I think X is still the best of the Mass cruise lines. I am sure at some point I will cruise with them again. I think I am tired of dealing with 2800 people. X is also wooing families and that is not the suite / luxury I am looking for at this point in life. We still enjoy sun, good food , cocktails, wine and enjoyable passengers to get together with. We find Oceania and Crystal to be a perfect fit. We have been loyal to X for 17yrs. just time for a change.

We were not crazy about Luminae. If we shop around we find the prices are not much different than Oceania and Crystal and food is so much better than Luminae.

I will look forward to the reviews of the retreat on the new Edge ship. Sounds like connecting cabins will get suite benefits. Many family`s with children is not my idea of a suite retreat. No I don`t dislike well behaved children. Just not the right fit for me.

Thank you so much for your very informative information.

Just spent some more time with reviews and they are certainly not the greatest.

I think someone will be happy to get the PH suite and we will be very happy back on Crystal or O.

Jelayne,

Are you saying that you found group rates on suites? I was told that they never have those on suites, so please give me a hint as to where you got this deal from and I will be most grateful!

Thanks...:confused:.

They didn't call the rates group rates they called them "special contracted rates" and yes we booked S1's on the B2B.

It's important to compete if you want to cruise.

Best I can come up with

They didn't call the rates group rates they called them "special contracted rates" and yes we booked S1's on the B2B.

Best I can come up with

Got it! Thanks for returning and answering my question!:cool:

Best I can come up with

I should have asked this earlier, so please forgive me. Did you also receive lots of OBC? The TA I am on soon resulted in 1,100 OBC (Celebrity and TA). Next cruise with all perks and 775 OBC for 10 days ay 7,600 for Greece and Italy... These are all for S1's. Just wondering how these would compare to what you might receive. How much is the suite "contracted rate" worth?

I should have asked this earlier, so please forgive me. Did you also receive lots of OBC? The TA I am on soon resulted in 1,100 OBC (Celebrity and TA). Next cruise with all perks and 775 OBC for 10 days ay 7,600 for Greece and Italy... These are all for S1's. Just wondering how these would compare to what you might receive. How much is the suite "contracted rate" worth?
You did not mention the number of days or where you were cruising to and from...?

My apologies for hijacking this thread; it was not my intention, but just curious as to how this would compare...

Prices vary widely but in general (Sky) suites start at $300 per person oer day. I booked a couple of cruises recently for under $100 pp/pd in AQ. I would much rather sail 3 times in AQ than once in a Suite. Also since I am Zenith I get everything the Suite gets except Luminae. Luminae is not worth $200 pp/pd to me!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Check out MSC's Yacht Club!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have you sailed in the YC? The prices do look good, but wondered about the experience? Is it similar to X? Am I correct in thinking they match CC status too?