New Platinum Status.

deborahjo

I submitted for a past cruise from 1978 for 7 days. Got notified today I got those 7 days so I will be boarding the Splendor in November as platinum.

Love it because of the wash and fold service we will get. Only I will be not my husband. I will get 3 bags of laundry. Great because we can take less luggage with us now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congrats on your Platinum status. We are looking forward to our Platinum status for our next cruise. We will both become Platinum, it's a 15 day, so 10 bags of laundry will make for some easy packing. I am also looking forward to the priority boarding & Plat/Diamond party.

I like all the perks of Platinum....but be careful of the laundry thing. I don't usually bring my "best" clothes on a cruise, but if you do the laundry benefit, be prepared for your clothes to be "over-dried." We have had a few things shrink....no, it isn't just the chocolate melting cake, they really did shrink. ;)

Be very careful with that free laundry they will put your clothes in HOT WATER along with everybody else's (the reason why they use hot water) and your clothing can shrink because they end up in the dryer afterwards and upon receiving they were always wrinkled. Just warning....

Congrats on your platinum status. The priority boarding is great. You never really experience a delay going through the check in line. We have used the laundry numerous times and never had a problem. We never wash anything we are afraid of having ruined.

I like all the perks of Platinum....but be careful of the laundry thing. I don't usually bring my "best" clothes on a cruise, but if you do the laundry benefit, be prepared for your clothes to be "over-dried." We have had a few things shrink....no, it isn't just the chocolate melting cake, they really did shrink. ;)

I don't think they use any softener either. Clothes will be wrinkled and rough, IMHO. I only use them for underwear, socks, shorts, and t-shirts. Actually, haven't used them on the last 10 cruises probably.

..... be prepared for your clothes to be "over-dried." We have had a few things shrink.... ;)

....... and your clothing can shrink because they end up in the dryer afterwards and upon receiving they were always wrinkled. Just warning....

There laundry is horrible.

I don't think they use any softener either. Clothes will be wrinkled and rough, IMHO.

I swear, give them something for free and they will still complain.

We had a pair of someone else's underwear when we did laundry one time ......

And this one, you sure it just wasn't somethng your husband "found" somewhere?

I swear, give them something for free and they will still complain.

And this one, you sure it just wasn't somethng your husband "found" somewhere?

Just for ref, I am not complaining, nor did I really plan to post in this discussion. I find it sad you have to be not nice to people who offer up issues with their service.

They have lost our laundry, burnt a shirt ( literally had burn marks and a brand new hole surrounded by a burn mark), shrunk a pair of cotton shorts, and the laundry that does come back is always rough and wrinkled horribly.

I would not recommend using the service at all... we stopped about 4 years ago. I just go use the machine if I need to wash something, and that only happens on cruises longer than 10 days.

You do realize it is wash and fold only you receive. We have had laundry come back more wrinkled then when it went.

I submitted for a past cruise from 1978 for 7 days. Got notified today I got those 7 days so I will be boarding the Splendor in November as platinum.

Love it because of the wash and fold service we will get. Only I will be not my husband. I will get 3 bags of laundry. Great because we can take less luggage with us now.

Congrats on Platinum, there are nice perks that go along with it. My favorites were the priority embark and debark, and the laundry. Never had a problem with them washing my tees, polos, shorts or sox, and it helps me do just a carry on bag of luggage, even for a 21 day B2B Journeys cruise.

I have noticed that my stuff comes back with tiny tags that have a code or an ID # attached near the back neck of my shirts. It could be for sorting out the laundry, meaning everyone's get lumped together without being in a seperate laundry bag?

Something to think about: When I first reached Platinum, I thought I would never get to Diamond level. Too hard to acheive. A few B2B's, some longer cruises, and voila, I reached Diamond!!!.

We had good luck with the Carnival laundry. They dropped some of our bags in puddles on a past cruise and offered to wash and fold the clothes at no charge. Sent some shirts, casual dresses and pants/shorts. No problem with anything (colours, shrinkage, etc.)

The only issue we had is that the soap / fabric softener is very scented.

Can't stand the smell (or lack of) when they do the laundry. We try not to use it but have. As others have said, they all get washed together in hot water. Clothes just didn't feel or smell clean to me.

Can't stand the smell (or lack of) when they do the laundry. We try not to use it but have. As others have said, they all get washed together in hot water. Clothes just didn't feel or smell clean to me.

How are the linens and towels in your cabin? Do they smell the same as your laundry? It all goes in the same washers using the same soaps.

Thank you to every one and your opinions. There is always 2 and maybe 3 sides to every story.

Will try it and see what happens.

We have purchased FTTF for this cruise. Now it seems a waste. Any opinions there

HAWKLVET- You mean the other way around, people complain when they have to pay and don't get things for free, at least we are the ones who don't freebies that ruin our items...perhaps you rather have the laundry service because its free and not care whether your items come back shrunk, wrinkled, hard and discolored? If it happened to you, be sure you be saying the same thing as we are or maybe you just don't care how your clothes turn out?

By the way, when you pay for dry cleaning, you get dry cleaning just like at home.

Deborah- We just warning you, hope you enjoy the service and congrats on your turning platinum!

Thank you to every one and your opinions. There is always 2 and maybe 3 sides to every story.

Will try it and see what happens.

We have purchased FTTF for this cruise. Now it seems a waste. Any opinions there

I wouldn't think you need FTTF with Platinum status...you can cancel it and get a refund.

On the laundry thing...if they wash your clothes with others, how do they know who's clothes are who's??? I like the do it yourself laundry--my own clothes all together and I use my own soaps. Has always worked well.

Congrats on the Platinum status! I've used the laundry service on Carnival and Royal and have not had any problems. A little stiff....but CLEAN. I will not pee on your parade as others and just will say enjoy your new perks!!;p:D