Does www.celebrity stand for world's worst website?

cruisestitch

Broken links

Spelling errors

Incorrect information

Typographical errors

Less functionality

But pretty, I'll grant you that.

It reminds me of the uncomfortable loungers in the Solarium -- chosen because they photograph well but not comfortable to use.

This is what we have waited months (years?) for.

So 😔 disappointed.

I was trying to find a cruise for the fall and my experience with the Find a Cruise feature was nothing but frustration. I finally gave up. It was so hard to navigate and I had to keep moving my mouse up and down trying to adjust the menus so I could read them, but they didn't fit my screen. It was so awkward and time consuming.

We tried to take a look at CaptainsClub accounts and saw an error message with this instruction:

If this error persist [sic] please call 1-888-751-7805 which is a reservations office having nothing to do with either CaptainsClub or website issues.

While in hold we were advised to go to the "award-winning website" for further information.

Now we know what award it won...the internet's Razzie... World's Worst Website!

And to be recognized for this stunning achievement so quickly shows that it is a well-deserved "honor"

Celebrity has by far one of the WORST websites I've ever been on ever. I don't know how many times I've complained. lol Luckily, it's not an indication of the level of service the line offers. But they really need to do something about it.

I test drove Celebrity's new website a couple days ago and it worked great for me. Much, much faster than the old version, and I did not find any errors. I did not try everything naturally, no cruises currently booked, but the site was an improvement for me in the areas that I checked. (FYI - - I am using Chrome, which may make a difference.)

I test drove Celebrity's new website a couple days ago and it worked great for me. Much, much faster than the old version, and I did not find any errors. I did not try everything naturally, no cruises currently booked, but the site was an improvement for me in the areas that I checked. (FYI - - I am using Chrome, which may make a difference.)

It should work with any search engine - Oh, too much to expect from Celebrity website.;)

Apparently Celebrity has found another way to simplify our cruise bookings....we no longer have to worry about excursions since they are apparently no longer offered for any of our cruises.

I still do not have the new Celebrity Web page. From what I understand, only a few do, and they are testing it on those people. Cannot wait to see it though.

If you want to see it, go to a browser other than your default browser and clear your cookies and cache. Then go to the website and the new one will probably pop up. I use IE as default, tried Mozilla, Chrome and the found it on Edge. Nothing works, bad spelling and grammar and low functionality as was stated by OP. What I did find enjoyable however is that or cruise scheduled for December 2018, is showing as Paid in Full. I wonder what they'd do if I tried calling to cancel and ask for a full refund?!;p:rolleyes:

Even their emails are messed up. I got one for my upcoming cruise on Infinity and it tells me to enjoy crepes at Bistro on Five....I think it's Sushi on Five now....old information.

Not a Celebrity website problem, but a RCI problem. I attempted to access RCI site to plan a cruise, but had problems. I was told I needed to use Internet Explorer, because they do not support Google chrome. In 2016, 39% used Chrome, and 43% used IE.

I guess Celebrity's IT is as messed up as RCI.

Couldn't find shore excursions at first, but after some searching found them but you can't book, just look. Why aren't they connected with the reservation at all? They're under a different place called "plan your vacation". Weird

Edited by Knighton
found answer to my own question

Royal has to be by far the worst, but this new website for Celebrity is a close second! They both need to find some IT people that actually know what they are doing! Every time they "attempt" to "improve" the functionality of the site, they just make it far worse than it already was.

But it is the payments, booking excursions and reviewing current reservations where the problems are occurring. So not a test run just a viewing.

But it is the payments, booking excursions and reviewing current reservations where the problems are occurring. So not a test run just a viewing.

Agreed, I only looked at the easy parts since I have nothing booked today. However, even the small stuff that I was able to look at worked better than in the past, but that is not saying much.

Agreed, I only looked at the easy parts since I have nothing booked today. However, even the small stuff that I was able to look at worked better than in the past, but that is not saying much.

Yes. Seems the look is a significant improvement. Now to get that pesky functionality to work!

Hey I've got a receipt from Celebrity showing I made a payment...unfortunately the invoice and my credit card both show no payment made.....sounds like a serious system issue to me for what should be a relatively simple and easy task to perform....here's my money please take it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey I've got a receipt from Celebrity showing I made a payment...unfortunately the invoice and my credit card both show no payment made.....sounds like a serious system issue to me for what should be a relatively simple and easy task to perform....here's my money please take it!

Yeah, I wouldn't be too quick to make any payments on the 'new' website. I just went through the motions of a mock booking and got all the way to payment page to enter CC info. Not encrypted. No lock icon on web address at top of screen (I was on MS Edge).

On the current website (old/past/stable/working website, whatever you want to call it), as soon as I get to the manage reservation page, the Lock icon shows up and the word. Secure.

Just a word to the wise, don't make payments or book anything that requires payment on the 'new' website. :eek:

Great advice njaloha- didn't notice that it was a secure site

No problem. You are ok. This is what I found out after further investigating.

The login page is secure. :confused:

My Reservations page is secure.

Manage Reservations page is secure.

Manage a specific reservations is secure. But that's as far as I'll go. I'm not hitting the Pay Balance on a 2019 cruise. :p Who knows what might happen.

But the booking page was definitely not secure.:mad: