Rookie drink package question

Never sailed RCI before. If I don't buy a drink package, what are we getting? I assume access to water and basic coffee 24/7 and with meals we would have normal meal options like milks, juice and soda?

Never sailed RCI before. If I don't buy a drink package, what are we getting? I assume access to water and basic coffee 24/7 and with meals we would have normal meal options like milks, juice and soda?

Types of drink packages explained here:

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/news-product_19_256722736.pdf

Beverages included in the basic cost of the cruise (no drink package needed): tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, juices at breakfast.

In addition to water and basic coffee, you can walk into the Windjammer Buffet (anytime it's open, which isn't 24/7) and get fruit punch or iced tea.

You can buy a soda from any bar any time. You'll probably have no problem bringing a moderate amount of soda onboard.

Milk and juice are no-extra-cost at breakfast (unless you get the fresh squeezed juice), but if you want these for later, feel free to take a couple extra glasses and transfer them into your own Nalgene-type bottles. Store them on ice in your room, not in the cooler-that-looks-like-a-refrigerator.

You do NOT need a package to get other stuff....you can buy ANYTHING "a la carte"...you simply pay for each drink or soda as you want. If you drink LOTS of soda, then one of the packaged might be more cost effective...a can of soda is about $2.85 (with the tip included in that price)...on packages, you get fountain soda...not cans.

Same with booze...if you drink throughout the day, a package might make sense...if you only have a drink or two now and again, then the package is a waste of $$.

Ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast are all included in your fare.

I haven't seen fruit punch at lunch or dinner in the WJ in a very long time.

Come on, you could call that colored water just about anything, including fruit punch.

Biker, who wonders what is really in that red stuff they serve there.

I have a related question so hopefully someone can help. I have just booked on the Singapore to Sydney cruise on Ovation in November. (My wife and I are Crown & Anchor members) If I pre-purchase the drinks package its AUD67 pp per day (costs more if you purchase on board), BUT it doesn't include drinks over US$12. I am up to the 8th email in an exchange with RC trying to establish how much a Long Island Iced Tea is (my preferred cocktail), as, if it's over $12 it's not worth buying the package. They don't seem able (or willing) to tell me, so if anyone knows how much RC currently charge for a Long Island Iced Tea I would appreciate it :-)

cheers

I have a related question so hopefully someone can help. I have just booked on the Singapore to Sydney cruise on Ovation in November. (My wife and I are Crown & Anchor members) If I pre-purchase the drinks package its AUD67 pp per day (costs more if you purchase on board), BUT it doesn't include drinks over US$12. I am up to the 8th email in an exchange with RC trying to establish how much a Long Island Iced Tea is (my preferred cocktail), as, if it's over $12 it's not worth buying the package. They don't seem able (or willing) to tell me, so if anyone knows how much RC currently charge for a Long Island Iced Tea I would appreciate it :-)

cheers

This is a link to the latest menus on the Indy. know it's not Ovation but I assume the prices would be about the same. Hope this helps

http://www.bourkeblogs.com/iotsmenus/

. They don't seem able (or willing) to tell me, so if anyone knows how much RC currently charge for a Long Island Iced Tea I would appreciate it

They don't know because it can change. Pricing is not always uniform from ship to ship even on the same ship on different itineraries. BTW, even if your drink is $13, you only pay $1.18 for it ($1 diff between package limit and drink price and 18% grats).

cheers

it may still be worth it. anything over the $12 limit you only pay the difference.

cheers

I can't tell you what the cost of a Long Island Iced tea is on board but it was included on our Anthem cruise last March. Unless you order some sort of signature LIIT with all top shelf spirits and what not, I'm 99% sure it will be included for you as well. Every time we ordered a drink, if there was a high end signature version of that drink available, the server would confirm and assumed that the regular version was the one I wanted. I thought that even the "Regular" non-signature drinks were totally fine with me.

I was also concerned before our last cruise because there was a lot of chatter on CC about drink prices being listed above the package limit, but I checked regularly on our billing through the RoyaliQ app and at the end of our cruise, and not one single drink was charged to our account except for a few glasses of wine that were above the $13 limit and we knew that when we ordered. I was a little concerned that were were going to be charged $1 or $2 every time we ordered a cocktail, but it never happened. Package limit for wine and cocktails on Anthem was $13 USD.

Happy Sailings

dp

I have gone without a drink pakage and survived😊. Only did it once but what I drank was water by the glass, the sugar free drinks in the windjammer ( like crystal light type drinks), and chocolate milk with breakfast. I'm not a hot drink person and 1 or 2 alcohol drink every couple years is enough for me. So I survived . This time we are getting the royal refreshment package for everyone and I am taking a case of coke zero because the LOS has no coke freestyle machine and I hate soda from the bar gun!!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app