Walking around the ships with plates of food

Exactly. There are far too many folks who concern themselves with the actions of others.

Not so much concerned, but some of the actions of others can be the best entertainment on the ship at time's. :D

We (family and extended family) usually book 2-3 balcony cabins next to each other and whenever possible, have the dividers opened. When it's convenient, at some point during the day, one of us will go to the buffet and pick up a plate with cheese, fruit, crackers, olives, pickles and such and slide plate and all in a large zip lock baggie. I always carry some zip locks in different sizes with me. Keeps it from getting germs, keeps the olives and pickles from rolling off the plate on the floor and keeps it fresh in the mini-fridge. I put the crackers in separate baggie. Late at night, we grab a glass of wine (or two...or open a bottle) and sit on the balcony talking and laughing. No need to bother room service and sit and wait and I know that we have everyone's choice of cheese, fruit, etc. Seems pretty sensible to me. Never knew anyone would be wondering why or think it was odd but there you have it if you run into me with a plate in a zip lock in the elevator.

But one thing that has come out of this thread that I won't soon forget....do not ever, ever, ever question the eating habits of cruise ship passengers! Them there are fightin words!

Nobody is fighting with you, simply pointing out that carrying food from one place to another on a ship isn't nearly as uncommon and unusual as you seem to think it is. We are fascinated by your fascination :cool:

I have taken a plate with a desserts and coffee back to my cabin. As far as germs in an elevator, having food doesn't make that much of a difference. If somebody sneezes or coughs in your face, then it makes no difference if you are carrying food or not.

I don't care what other people do. I think the majority of people just want to have a good time and aren't worried about other people. Focusing too much on judging other people can suck the fun right out of a vacation.

I wonder if anyone tried to take the drawers from the room vanity or wardrobe to the WJ in order to take back more food ;p

In this pic it is junk food, but that could be pizza or Honey stung chicken:D

candydrawer.jpg

dp

Trick or Treat...:D

On sea days, we may have found a couple of loungers in a good position.

Come lunchtime, the WJ will be very busy plus if we leave our loungers to eat they won't be there when we return.

So, I'll leave DW enjoying the sun and scoot to the WJ.Normally, we don't want huge platefuls - maybe a.burger or hotdog so I'll bring them back, covered over with another plate.

I'll either return the plates to.wj myself or the pool crew will offer to clear them away

New, clean shower cap can be used for covering plates if you wish to take food to your cabin , favourite spot on deck or wherever you wish to relax.

I cannot understand the constant 'flaming' of others' behaviour.

Relax, enjoy your cruise, don't concern yourself with what anyone else does and concentrate on what makes you happy!!

When I was growing upour neighbour was a very well respected MD in town. One time, when we were building a fence together an insect landed in his coffee. As a young kid I went. 'Yuck, there's a bug in your coffee, it's got germs!’ So what did this medical professional do? He drank his coffee, insect and all, explaining; “A bug won't kill you, it's just protein." His point was stop worrying about the germs, you can't avoid them all the time, so learn to live with them.

So if you see me taking my plate of food back to my balcony cabin, or out to the pool deck and it's covered by a napkin, don't be offended. I'm covering up not because of your germs. I'm covering it up because you are a nosey son of a ....................

gun. :D

The inability to mind their own business.

Oh, you mean like choosing to reply to a post in a thread that wasn't specifically addressed to you? Why are you "concerning yourself" with my comment about food in elevators?

I think that titling the thread as "walking around the ship" is misleading since the OP seems to only be referring to the elevator. Those folks are probably taking food to cabin, not walking around the ship with it.

If the passenger didn't wash his hands before leaving the bathroom, would a plate or napkin be a better choice to cover his plate as he walked around the ship eating his pancakes? Should he use a fork if the plate is full of cookies?

Burt

If the passenger didn't wash his hands before leaving the bathroom, would a plate or napkin be a better choice to cover his plate as he walked around the ship eating his pancakes? Should he use a fork if the plate is full of cookies?

Burt

Don't forget the fork and knife for the candy bar.

I never thought walking around a ship with a plate of food would generate the same level of scrutiny as wife-beater guy in the MDR or balcony smoker, but I guess such is CC.

Funny, the only time I ride the elevator on a cruise ship is when I have a plate full of food for balcony consumption. Unless someone is blatantly gagging, wheezing, etc in there, I've never given germs a second thought. Maybe I'm too preoccupied with what pair of jeans to wear at dinner that night.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

About a year or so ago, the new head of NCL tried to implement a policy banning passenger's from carrying any sort of food out of the buffet restaurants.

There was such a revolt from the passenger's, that the policy was quickly rescinded...

Personally, I don't carry any full meals out, but do sometimes take a plate of my favorite chocolate chip cookies or some fruits back to my cabin to snack on at a time when they are not available...

What does bug us are those that put their dirty dishes and glasses in the hallway when they are done eating in their stateroom.

That would only bother me if I was planning to steal a pax scooter and go joyriding thru the corridors. (IOW, it doesn't [emoji6])

One thing that does bother me:

Smoking

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

New plan for my upcoming cruise:

I will walk round the ship in my robe placing towels on every sunbed I see while wearing a big hat saying 'I am not going to tip' and smoking a large cigar and chowing down on a tray of smelly food with lots of sauce.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Never knew plated food was a bug bear for some (although I understand why people get annoyed with hallway plates)

What does bug us are those that put their dirty dishes and glasses in the hallway when they are done eating in their stateroom.
That's standard practice everywhere, though. Room service dishes, delivery pizza boxes, six pack empties, too. I don't think I've ever heard any consensus that folks should keep dirty dishes and glasses in their hotel rooms/cruise ship cabins, nor have I ever heard any consensus that folks should truck them back to wherever they got the food. I suspect if a hotel/cruise line was concerned about it they'd have a room on each hall where people can be expected to drop such items off, but again I haven't heard any indications that any hotels/cruise lines do that.

That's standard practice everywhere, though. Room service dishes, delivery pizza boxes, six pack empties, too. I don't think I've ever heard any consensus that folks should keep dirty dishes and glasses in their hotel rooms/cruise ship cabins, nor have I ever heard any consensus that folks should truck them back to wherever they got the food. I suspect if a hotel/cruise line was concerned about it they'd have a room on each hall where people can be expected to drop such items off, but again I haven't heard any indications that any hotels/cruise lines do that.

If that's what you do well it looks trashy! I don't care what the so called standard practice is for hotels. Again it looks trashy. Just leave the dirty glasses and dishes in your stateroom. It's not like your stateroom isn't going to be attended to twice a day or a crew member is roaming the hallways looking for dirty dishes and glasses. Then there's the jerk that thinks it's funny to kick the dishes as they go by and scatter the uneaten food down the hall way. Now a crew member has to come and clean it up. That's my opinion! No consensus required.

If that's what you do well it looks trashy!
That's what the vast majority of people do, because that's the applicable societal norms here in the United States. It's remarkable that you're unaware.

That's my opinion! No consensus required.
And that's the other problem with your reply. You mistook what I was saying for me relaying what I do, when the reality was that I very clearly said that I was relaying what is standard practice. By contrast, you're expressing what you would prefer. It is of course fine to prefer something different but to expect others to prefer what you prefer just because you prefer it is not reasonable. Consensus is the only effective way of changing society's norms.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Edited by bUU

That's what the vast majority of people do, because that's the applicable societal norms here in the United States. It's remarkable that you're unaware.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I never said I wasn't aware of it!

This message wasn't entered using voice recognition.