A table for 2

skipperdk

We have cruised with rccl Adventure of the seas,Celebrity Reflction and Hal Zuiderdam.We are actually cruising the Baltic with rccl Serenade of the Seas,where our problem has arisen:On the previous cruises we never had any problem with getting a table for 2 which we like very much. However to get such a table in the main dining Room onboard the Serenade seems practially impossible. If there are such tables the must be very few.Now we are considering a Cruise with Caribbbian Princess later this year. My question is therefore, if there will be problems to get a table for 2 aboard that ship?

I've read many reports of tables for 2 being so close together that you're practically eating with others anyway. That was not our experience this past February on the Star. We did anytime dining and were usually accommodated at a table for 3 or 4 (they removed the extra place settings) that was not next to another table. It was very pleasant, but my sense is that's not the norm.

It depends on the ship. We always have a table for two, and have had no problem on the Grand, Crown, Coral, Island, or Golden. The tables were too close on the Sapphire. I guess it depends on the class of ship and how the dining rooms are configured.

Most all Princess ships have many tables for 2 .

We most always request and get one .

However , many are lined up mere inches from the next but you still feel that the table is just yours and your service not dependent on table mates .

My guess is it will depend on if you do Traditional or Anytime dining. If you pick Traditional, then it might depend on how far before the cruise you're booking. If you're talking Anytime, then the further away you are from the busiest times, the easier it will be to get a desirable table.

What is the proper way to request a table for two with Princess? I see nothing on the cruise personalizer. Should I contact Princess prior to sailing? Must it be done as soon as we arrive on ship? Sailing Star - Whittier to Vancouver first week of August. 6:00 PM dining already confirmed.

Went back and checked. I did request table for two. How sure am I of getting this. I am not on the waitlist.

Edited by RBAlbany

What is the proper way to request a table for two with Princess? I see nothing on the cruise personalizer. Should I contact Princess prior to sailing? Must it be done as soon as we arrive on ship? Sailing Star - Whittier to Vancouver first week of August. 6:00 PM dining already confirmed.

Went back and checked. I did request table for two. How sure am I of getting this. I am not on the waitlist.

In traditional dining you request it in the Cruise Personlizer. Then see the Maitre'd on boarding day.

.Now we are considering a Cruise with Caribbean Princess later this year. My question is therefore, if there will be problems to get a table for 2 aboard that ship?

If you plan on traditional dining you request it when you book. You can also check and change dining requests in the cruise personalizer once booked. Table size is never guaranteed. Many tables for two (not all) are very close together with other two tops. The ease of getting a table for two depends on the time you dine and the amount of other passengers that requested the same. The maitre'd is normally available in the afternoon of boarding day for questions.

For anytime dining you request a two top each time you go for dinner. Tables for two are more difficult to get during busy times which is usually the 5:30 to 7:30 hours. After 7:30 it is much easier to get seated, and to get a table for two. On most Princess ships for most cruises you can call the dine line and make a reservation for ATD. At that time you can request a table for two. But again it is never guaranteed.

Table size request for Traditional Dining can be made at time of booking.

TA's can put your request into your reservation.

It is still just a request.

If you chose Anytime Dining , you request your table size at the podium . If table for 2 is available you are seated , otherwise you get a pager .

No matter what , you will always get a table for 2 if you wish,by choosing Anytime.

I had a table for two on the Serenade for our 13 night Baltic cruise last year. We opted for anytime dining but never made a reservation, the same on the other ships within the class.

We have cruised with rccl Adventure of the seas,Celebrity Reflction and Hal Zuiderdam.We are actually cruising the Baltic with rccl Serenade of the Seas,where our problem has arisen:On the previous cruises we never had any problem with getting a table for 2 which we like very much. However to get such a table in the main dining Room onboard the Serenade seems practially impossible. If there are such tables the must be very few.Now we are considering a Cruise with Caribbbian Princess later this year. My question is therefore, if there will be problems to get a table for 2 aboard that ship?

We always ask for a table for 2, if eating in the MDR... we request traditional late setting... it is easier to get a 4 top for 2 at the late seating. Many tables for 2 are small and too close togther to be really enjoyable... so that is why we try to get a 4 top for us only. At late seating... this generally possible. Did not get one once on the Ruby in the Carribean... so we simply skipped the MDR... enjoy buffet - went to Sabatini's 2 nights... it was a 7 night cruise.

Lots of 2 tops but they are very close.