My Upcoming Emerald Cruise to Alaska Questions

AF-1

Astro Flyer, yes I see them on Amazon. Thanks for the tip

You're welcome & after having tags that were stapled & covered in packing tape nearly torn off between the porter & our cabin, decided these were a better option for us.

I don't know if they still provide the PDF for flights & whether it's provided only for direct purchases or also through Amazon. You could call them to inquire about the availability of the file.

Thrak thank you. I will go directly to the crown grill to book reservation for 1st nght and will take advantage of breakfast there too. I am looking forward to getting name on list to do ship tour. I will stop by desk to get name on the list list. Wow so many things to do on debrakation day. Crown grill ressie, UST ressie, photo package, coffee cards, some wifi minutes. She much to do on day 1. What time should i show up to pier to make sure I get onboard to make my reaervations?
If you only drink coffee at breakfast you might not need a coffee card. At the Crown Grill for breakfast specialty coffee drinks are complementary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the info on coffee cards. My wife drinks Chai Tea Lattes; and we have the grandkids; they will drink hot cocoa, specialty drinks like frappacinos and stuff like that. I heard the coffee cards are good for gelatos too. Me I drink black coffee that's it. Nothing special; coffee just needs to be strong or bold flavor. My family loved the Allure of the Seas which had the first Starbucks on it.

3. Where do I go once onboard to sign up for the ships tour on last sea day?

Run to Guest Services when you board. On this last week's Ruby, there was over 2 pages of wait list people. It is an amazing tour.

Run to Guest Services when you board. On this last week's Ruby, there was over 2 pages of wait list people. It is an amazing tour.

Ok guest services will be first place I go when I board. Thanks

Thanks for the info on coffee cards. I heard the coffee cards are good for gelatos too.

Gelato is $1.50 for three scoops. You don't want to use your coffee card for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Check your cruise personalizer regularly - the all-inclusive photo package will sometimes go on sale. For my Emerald cruise (the May 13th r/t out of Vancouver) I was able to snag the all-inclusive photo package prior to the cruise for about $100; much less than the on-board price.

I hope they have the Creme Anglaise gelato for you! WOW!!

The days of cruise documents and luggage tags in a lovely case are gone. I would recommend purchasing these.

https://www.amazon.com/Cruisetags-Cruise-Ship-Luggage-Tags/dp/B007UXMQXO

We have had them for years.

Hello, thanks for the link. I did purchase some tags on Amazon; but they may not be the exact ones listed in your link. There are so many to choose from

Hello, I have a question about Emerald. What deck is the bridge on and what deck are the life rafts on? I am trying to count the decks to see where my cabin is located. I am on Dolphin Deck up front

I bought luggage tags a few years back from here on Cruise Critic. Not sure if they're still selling them, or not. I only made it through 10 minutes of Magic To Do before leaving in boredom. I did love, love, love the Colors of the World show. Best I've seen on any cruise. One thing I will say regarding a chillier cruise destination is I found the buffet and Piazza areas swamped. With all the outside pool area tables empty, it was difficult to find a table in the Horizon/Caribe areas, and I can't count how many times I was asked if a chair at my table in the Piazza was being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello, I have a question about Emerald. What deck is the bridge on and what deck are the life rafts on? I am trying to count the decks to see where my cabin is located. I am on Dolphin Deck up front

Bridge on deck 14. Life boat tenders deck 8. (There is no deck 13)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok everyone. This thread has been invaluable to me. I have two weeks to go and I have done the following:

1. Printed boarding pass and luggage tags (bought plastic sleeves on amazon for luggage tags)

2. made all my shore excursions(right after I made Juneau excursion Princess moved the arrival time back two hours, so I had to rebook excursion to different time)

3. Booked airport transfer to hotel in Seattle, print boarding passes day before departure

4. Have packing and cruise checklist standing by for our departure from Cincinnati

5. Plan on sightseeing all day Saturday

6. Plan on leaving hotel at 11:15 in shuttle to port

7. Check in at port and head to guest services to book ultimate ships tour

8. Call dine line to make specialty reservations

9. tour ship on my own to get my bearings

***anything missing from my list? Let me know

I only made it through 10 minutes of Magic To Do before leaving in boredom.

Gee, I thought we were the only ones who didn't like Magic to Do. We thought it was the absolute worst production show we've ever seen on Princess. We would have walked out if we hadn't been in the middle of the row.

We are very disappointed to learn it is still on the Emerald as we will be on her in August.

Just goes to prove we all have different tastes, so it's important to try everything for yourself once.

Gee, I thought we were the only ones who didn't like Magic to Do. We thought it was the absolute worst production show we've ever seen on Princess. We would have walked out if we hadn't been in the middle of the row.

We are very disappointed to learn it is still on the Emerald as we will be on her in August.

Just goes to prove we all have different tastes, so it's important to try everything for yourself once.

We just got off of the Emerald. I was looking forward to Magic To Do, and my husband and I were both extremely disappointed. We were told, I believe by our servers, to try to get a seat up front because the magic is amazing. Well, we showed up before 730pm for the 8 show, and we could not find any seats except the back 3 rows that were reserved for handicapped guests. We waited about 20 minutes and were instructed by a staff member to go ahead and sit in the reserved seats. As soon as the show began, I knew it wasn't going to be good. The "magician" was a horrible singer, as was the young male performer. The "magic" was terrible. We were in the third to the last row and I could see how they did everything. The plot didn't make sense. I would have preferred a Broadway-style revue of the songs performed instead of the jumbled up mess. We stayed the entire show, expecting it to get better, but it never did. My husband and I are both musicians and attend live shows in our area frequently, and this show was embarrassingly bad.

But we loved almost everything else about the Emerald Princess. It is a beautiful ship! We were in a Club Class mini-suite and it was amazing! Club Class dining is the way to go. The servers were awesome, the head waiter was wonderful, and the hostess was a ray of sunshine every day! We dined in there almost every night for dinner and a few times for breakfast and lunch. My husband said it was his favorite thing about the cruise.

We called the DINE line shortly after arriving and had no problem getting through and got the day and time we wanted at Crown Grille. But we had a horrible experience there, and I honestly wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Especially after dining Club Class. It was several steps down.

We loved doing the trivia. All of the hosts we had were entertaining and you could tell they liked what they were doing. Loved Maria from Argentina. She is a hoot. I think she does karaoke, too. She kept reminding herself this was trivia time, not karaoke time.

Did you see people using the pools and hot tubs?

Does the Emerald have a retractable roof over the pool?

I am on the Emerald at the end of July.

You will see people will using the pools and hot tubs regardless of weather, it was 90 degrees in Vancouver/Seattle other day. I've done Alaska 3 times and always swam outdoors. Even if it only in the 70's People with huge jackets looked at us like we were crazy but we are used the these temperatures so .it's no big deal lol!! If it's a nice day in Juneau and we get a good berth it's so nice to sit in the hot tub and drinks beers with Mt Roberts in the background.

No cover / retract roof

Did you see people using the pools and hot tubs?

Does the Emerald have a retractable roof over the pool?

I am on the Emerald at the end of July.

We saw people in the hot tubs almost every time we walked by them, except during scenic cruising of Endicott Arm (I was cold and completely bundled up). On our last full day, my husband said the pools were packed. I never made it up to Lido, but I believe it - it was gorgeous out that day.

Unfortunately there is no covered pool or retractable roof. I don't understand why cruise lines don't make ships specifically for Alaskan cruises. Covered pools and indoor walkways to get to the buffet would be ideal.

We sailed the Emerald in April and May, and it is a lovely ship. Prior to sailing, we were able to book dinners in the Crown Grill through the cruise personalizer. Perhaps that is not available in the Alaska cruises, but it was nice to get the dates and times in advance.