Disembark Ship

ronrick1943

Maybe someone knows the answer---Oceania states the ship will arrive in Miami from Cuba at 8:00AM. Since it's a 7 day cruise only to Cuba what do you think of getting a 12:15AM flight out of Miami (or should we take the 2:00PM). We're TSA pre-checked and first class, that should give us better timing-but not that much.

I know the 12:15PM would be good normally, but coming from Cuba-what do you think?

Thanks

I wondered the same thing

if immigration would be checking more closely or not

we booked the 2pm flight

Maybe check on the other lines that are just doing Cuba & see if any impact when returning to USA

Lyn

Why do you think that customs will check you any closer for having been to Cuba vs Colombia, or other Carribe islands? What contraband can you obtain in Cuba that is not obtainable elsewhere? Think they'll panic over your cigars? My guess is that clearing customs will be the same rigor as other Carribe cruises and 12:30 will be fine.

Out of the terminal by 10:00, at the latest, 45 minutes to the terminal, and you are there in plenty of time.

you can always book the 2pm flight & if you get to the airport early check if there is space on the 12:15 flight

at least you will get to relax in the First class lounge if you cannot get on the earlier flight :)

I agree, we like to take are time-even on the day we get off the ship. We'll have breakfast in the suite, and leave the suite around 9:00am. We're in no hurry, so by time we get the bags-get the car and check in. So we'll keep the 2:00PM flight.

And it's states the ship arrives at 8:00AM that morning-you never know for sure. We're now cruising Regent for a few cruises-but even though we have cruised on Oceania 7 times (would have been 8 but we had to cancel at the last minute because of an illness), we haven't been on Oceania for a while and looking forward to returning for a few more "O" cruise's.

Rick

Last month we disembarked Marina (which included Havana) just before 9:00 am. We were off the ship, picked up our luggage, through customs/immigration (and we are "aliens"), through the taxi line and off to the airport and checked in our flight in just under 1 hour. I did not notice when we passed through the time warp.

That said on a previous Marina disembarkation out of Miami, leaving the ship earlier, we we felt 'lucky' that we made it to the airport and get checked in by 12:30 and on our way to security line-up.

Despite having recently made the trip in record time I still think you have a better plan for the 2:00 flight

Last month we disembarked Marina (which included Havana) just before 9:00 am. We were off the ship, picked up our luggage, through customs/immigration (and we are "aliens"), through the taxi line and off to the airport and checked in our flight in just under 1 hour. I did not notice when we passed through the time warp.

That said on a previous Marina disembarkation out of Miami, leaving the ship earlier, we we felt 'lucky' that we made it to the airport and get checked in by 12:30 and on our way to security line-up.

Despite having recently made the trip in record time I still think you have a better plan for the 2:00 flight

Exactly.

If all goes well one can make a flight before noon but it's a very big IF - too many variables from cruise to cruise.

Last December we had an hour delay from 0800 to debark Riviera, more than another hour to get our last bag before entering the line to be cleared for exit. We DID have a private car waiting for us and we got to MIA with well over an hour wait time for our 12:30 flight out to LA. So miracles can happen.

JMBobB

I would be more comfortable with the 2:00 one. Sometimes it is hard to get a cab, although we use the Jim/Stan method. Who knows. Not good to cut it close. Just my opinion.

Thanks, but what is Jim & Stan method for Miami?

Thanks, but what is Jim & Stan method for Miami?

give the porter a large tip & they scoot you past the taxi line :)

We have been using a car service & share the ride with people on our roll call

we usually book the 12:30 pm flight so works better for us than waiting for a taxi

give the porter a large tip & they scoot you past the taxi line :)

We have been using a car service & share the ride with people on our roll call

we usually book the 12:30 pm flight so works better for us than waiting for a taxi

Very funny Lyn

We did Cuba in March with 8 AM disembarkation and using Uber, we were at MIA before 9 AM for a 1:41 PM flight. No problem with customs. No earlier flights available and due to weather delays in the northeast, we departed 4 hours late. And then we boarded and deboarded due to more delays. You just never know what may happen so plan according to your comfort level.