Farewell Dawn Princess

Kiwi Kruzer

Dawn Princess is docked for the last time in Fremantle , Australia , today as a member of the Princess fleet. From there she leaves for Singapore and enters drydock where she will become P&O Australias

Pacific Explorer .

o02jr9.jpg

2e23u9t.jpg

In Australia we still have her sisters - the Sun Princess and Sea Princess.:)

Does anyone know where the Ocean Princess is (the 4th sister). With P&O?

I sailed on the Sun, Sea and Dawn multiple times. That was the class of ship that made me fall in love with cruising.

In Australia we still have her sisters - the Sun Princess and Sea Princess.:)

Let me know when the Sun Princess gets rid of "Share" and goes back to the pizzeria :)..... Honestly - I would love to see your part of the world in a Sun Class ship.

Does anyone know where the Ocean Princess is (the 4th sister). With P&O?

I sailed on the Sun, Sea and Dawn multiple times. That was the class of ship that made me fall in love with cruising.

Ocean is cruising for P&O Cruises as Oceania. She does Eastern and Western Mediterranean cruises from Valletta, and Southampton.

I was just wondering a day or two ago how much more time Dawn Princess had. Thanks for the update.

Was this an "Ocean Princess" prior to Ocean princess that is one of the "R Ships"? The Ocean Princess that left the fleet just over a year ago was NOT a sister of Sun, Sea and Dawn but IS now Sirena, an Oceania ship which is owned by Norwegian Cruise Lines. Oceania has 4 of the 8 "R Ships" now. Azamara has two, P&O Australia has one (Adonia) and the final one is ...... Pacific Princess.

AE_Collector

I was just wondering a day or two ago how much more time Dawn Princess had. Thanks for the update.

Was this an "Ocean Princess" prior to Ocean princess that is one of the "R Ships"? The Ocean Princess that left the fleet just over a year ago was NOT a sister of Sun, Sea and Dawn but IS now Sirena, an Oceania ship which is owned by Norwegian Cruise Lines. Oceania has 4 of the 8 "R Ships" now. Azamara has two, P&O Australia has one (Adonia) and the final one is ...... Pacific Princess.

AE_Collector

There was an Ocean Princess that was a Sun Class ship before the "R" ship.

OceanPrincess02.jpg

We were on the Dawn Princess, in her first year.

It was our first cruise ever, and on her we had the first of only 2 free upgrades in our cruising history.

The Ocean Princess is now P&O's Oceania. We did 2 cruises on her when she was the Ocean Princess.

We really liked this class of ship. We sailed on Dawn, Ocean and Sun a total of 6 times. They were the right size with the right features for us.

Let me know when the Sun Princess gets rid of "Share" and goes back to the pizzeria :)..... Honestly - I would love to see your part of the world in a Sun Class ship.

You can see our part of the world on a Sun class ship. The Sea Princess doesn't have SHARE. :) So far the restaurant has been installed in three ships, Emerald, Ruby and Sun. One head waiter told us late last year that Princess was putting the matter on "hold".

AE_Collector

In 2002 Princess leased 2 "R" ships and named one of them Tahitian Princess. In 2009 Princess pulled out of the Tahitian home port, and the ship was renamed the Ocean Princess. Princess has a history of re-using ship names.

The current P&O Oceania was built by Princess and named Ocean Princess when built.

Princess constructed 4 Sun Class sister ships originally named Sun (1995), Dawn (1997), Sea (1998) and Ocean (1999?). If my memory is correct believe the Ocean Princess spent a few winter seasons home porting in San Juan. After a few seasons the Ocean Princess was transferred to P&O, and renamed Oceania. It has remained there ever since. A year or two later the Sea Princess was transferred to P&O. where it remained for a few years. In either 2004 or 2005 the Sea Princess was returned to Princess. Initially it was assigned to the Caribbean during the winter, and did cruises from Barbados and Ft. Lauderdale which were strongly marketed in the UK. The Sea Princess was then transferred to the Australian market where it has been for some time now.

The current P&O Oceania was built by Princess and named Ocean Princess when built.

Princess constructed 4 Sun Class sister ships originally named Sun (1995), Dawn (1997), Sea (1998) and Ocean (1999?). If my memory is correct believe the Ocean Princess spent a few winter seasons home porting in San Juan. After a few seasons the Ocean Princess was transferred to P&O, and renamed Oceania.

I never sailed on the Sun Class ship named Ocean Princess. I do have a friend who sailed her to Alaska. So it must have done Southern Caribbean and Alaska.

I think Ocean Princess was 2000.

She was gone before I could sail on her. Thanks for the update on her!

I hate that PCL is getting rid of the ships we know well and have loved cruising on (such as the former Tahitian- then Ocean Princess, and now the Dawn) and adding the much too large (IMO) new ships to the fleet. At some point I can foresee Princess cruisers losing the opportunities to get into some of the more exotic ports that cannot accommodate large ships, and that will be a real loss for cruisers who appreciate visiting uncommon smaller ports.

They might not be able to get into the smaller ports but the larger ships are selling out to many people who love them. The loss of a few cruisers who migrate to other cruise lines isn't going to upset them in the long run.

The small ships really haven't been easily accessible to those in North America without flying clear across the world. They were popular when they were on this side of the world. I have not been able to fly to Australia to catch one of the ships recently.

There is a following of the smaller ships (see how popular the Coral Princess is) but there are very few choices. If they brought back smaller ships, I have no doubt people will sail them.

While I know smaller ships are more expensive to run, there is a reason why the higher end lines run the smaller ships - they are appealing to a group of people.

Fond Memories ..

The Dawn & the Sun used to have some great 10 and 12 day itineraries that we loved in the Caribbean

The Princess fleet is ever changing

Srpilo

It would be great to have that back doing those itineraries. Perfect size for that.

Yes, the fleet is a changing.

She was my favourite ship! Loved the Promenade deck for strolls, the dedicated pizzeria, and the art on the walls in the Vista Lounge. Perfect sized ship!

Got to sail on her for a segment of the 90 Day Round Europe (Sydney to Venice) in 2013 and previously many times whilst she was in North America.

Cheers.

I never sailed on the Sun Class ship named Ocean Princess. I do have a friend who sailed her to Alaska. So it must have done Southern Caribbean and Alaska.

I think Ocean Princess was 2000.

She was gone before I could sail on her. Thanks for the update on her!

I remember when Ocean Princess sailed in Alaska. It was 2001. We were on the Infinity and Ocean Princess departed the same day from Vancouver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk