$1.00 Deposit Promo with Red, White and Blue Sale

SteelMagnolia9

I booked a May 2018 cruise this morning with a $1.00 deposit that was also a Red, White and Blue sale cruise. The $1.00 deposit is great, but....and this got past me...there is a $100/pp cancellation fee in the cancellation schedule if you cancel after booking today on a Red, White and Blue sale cruise. I'm not sure how this got past me, likely in my enthusiasm to only book with a $1.00 deposit...just an FYI for those booking today under the $1.00 deposit promo.

Update as of 1:30 pm on another thread; the $100 deposit cancellation fee on the RWB sale does not apply to bookings made under the $1 sale.

Despite what it said on the confirmation forms, the contract states it is just the deposit amount ($1) and apparently the IT department failed to update the confirmation forms to comply with the one day sale. Don't know if they will update the confirmation forms, but if you are worried about it, print out the contract page and staple it to your confirmation. You can also call Princess and try to ask for an updated confirmation form; at least one person has been promised a new one.

Update as of 1:30 pm on another thread; the $100 deposit cancellation fee on the RWB sale does not apply to bookings made under the $1 sale.

Despite what it said on the confirmation forms, the contract states it is just the deposit amount ($1) and apparently the IT department failed to update the confirmation forms to comply with the one day sale. Don't know if they will update the confirmation forms, but if you are worried about it, print out the contract page and staple it to your confirmation. You can also call Princess and try to ask for an updated confirmation form; at least one person has been promised a new one.

That sounds more like it [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How can they charge you $100 for a cancel when you only put down a dollar?

Once the Ocean Medallion system is up and running, Princess will simply hack into your bank account and take the other $99. :cool:

How can they charge you $100 for a cancel when you only put down a dollar?

They can't. They would need you to authorize a payment of $99 or if you mailed them a check they would need to ask for the payment. Nobody in their right mind would authorize either. I booked directly with Princess and I was never asked to pre authorize an additional payment. However I was told that I would loose the $2 deposit.

I booked a May 2018 cruise this morning with a $1.00 deposit that was also a Red, White and Blue sale cruise. The $1.00 deposit is great, but....and this got past me...there is a $100/pp cancellation fee in the cancellation schedule if you cancel after booking today on a Red, White and Blue sale cruise. I'm not sure how this got past me, likely in my enthusiasm to only book with a $1.00 deposit...just an FYI for those booking today under the $1.00 deposit promo.

And after I read this I decided it was too good to be true!!! So I guess I lost out!!!

Booked our cruise yesterday with the $1.00 deposit and my PCC told me that the deposit would not be refunded if we cancelled the cruise, but no other charges would apply. Final Payment date is the same as it would be without the promo. Great deal for us, because we booked for 2019 and have it locked in for 2 years for a couple of bucks!

Oh this makes me so happy!!! I missed the cancellation clause yesterday as well, and was bummed when I read it on my contract!! Now I am happy again with my booking...I am now glad I did book, and I do intend to keep it barring medical issues or some such.. thanks for posting..:-)

Booked our cruise yesterday with the $1.00 deposit and my PCC told me that the deposit would not be refunded if we cancelled the cruise, but no other charges would apply. Final Payment date is the same as it would be without the promo. Great deal for us, because we booked for 2019 and have it locked in for 2 years for a couple of bucks!

That's the way i see it too.