speciality restaurant and jeans?

mom2tjanddj

My husband has one pair of cream coloured jeans that cost him over $100, but the majority of his jeans are Lee Jeans averaging $17.00 :) I know he will feel more comfortable in his Lees than his Ralph Laurens!! So will he be frowned upon :rolleyes: Me well I'm an American Eagle girl!!

He won't be frowned upon at all by anybody that matters ... namely, the maitre'd or hostess.

Tell him to be comfortable and enjoy!

The general feeling anymore is that as long as your cash is green, your jeans can be any way you like. This opinion has it's good and bad points. While I agree it's your vacation, do as you please I think we should all practice being polite and respectful in public and take that into consideration when dining in what some consider an elegant atmosphere. It brings a level of sophistication that you generally don't see at home or in public.

I personally hate seeing people on the streets in lounge pants, especially men. Sadly people don't care about first impressions anymore.

The general feeling anymore is that as long as your cash is green, your jeans can be any way you like. This opinion has it's good and bad points. While I agree it's your vacation, do as you please I think we should all practice being polite and respectful in public and take that into consideration when dining in what some consider an elegant atmosphere. It brings a level of sophistication that you generally don't see at home or in public.

I personally hate seeing people on the streets in lounge pants, especially men. Sadly people don't care about first impressions anymore.

As long as the jeans are neat & clean they are allowed. Does that mean I bring my jeans. Absolutely not! Nothing less than khaki & dress shirts & the suits for "chic" night for us. We like to look nice.

Are jeans okay in all specialty restaurants on the Equinox? Sailing to the Caribbean.

Thank you!

My husband wears jeans every night, including several nights in specialty restaurants. He is totally comfortable and there are always other people wearing jeans. Nice jeans simply means they have no rips or tears.

I'm sure they are fine with a nice shirt. Our family - including kids- wears khakis, nicer sundresses, etc as we like the more traditional feeling of dressing up for a dinner out. We don't care what others wear at all. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What guy???

The guy who at 25 years old still lives in his parent's basement, orders a baloney sandwich at a caviar bar, brings Coors Light to a single malt scotch tasting and misses the ship in Freeport because he assumed the ship was on Island time.

The guy who at 25 years old still lives in his parent's basement, orders a baloney sandwich at a caviar bar, brings Coors Light to a single malt scotch tasting and misses the ship in Freeport because he assumed the ship was on Island time.

And what precisely does this oddly specific character have to do with the topic at hand?

Perhaps an illustration of the "Me, myself and I" sense of personal entitlement?

To return to the jeans, I can wear them every day in life which is precisely why I will not be wearing them in the evening on board. Effectively going out for drinks and dinner every night, I will be dressing smartly and not at the nadir of the dress code.

Jeans may be OK/permitted at dinner at the different venues around the ship, but why be "that guy"?

Do you really think that only one person wears jeans, if you do that is not reflective of any Celebrity cruises I've been on the past few years.

Do you really think that only one person wears jeans, if you do that is not reflective of any Celebrity cruises I've been on the past few years.

Well said. Folks often confuse torn, tattered and faded "blue jeans" and dressy denim pants. I personally don't care to wear denim when I travel; it's too heavy and hot for me and takes up too much space in luggage. (I prefer shorts and flip-flops! [emoji15]). However, denim pants (including blue jeans) along with an untucked dress shirt [emoji33] {gasp!!!! } and shoes worn without socks are common attire for the younger demographic at night in all venues of a Celebrity cruise. I will say that most of the folks dressed that way look as good if not better than most of us (including yours truly} who are dressed in khakis. It's time for us old fogies to get over our stereotypical beliefs that it's "our way or the highway."

As the slippy slope goes, I think any type of pants are acceptable. Might have a problem with pants with lots of holes in them then again maybe not. I bring a pair of chinos, stone colored, but that is me. No heavy jeans either.

My beef is guys with baseball hats and not taking them off once at the table. As I type this, I think why do I care about what someone else is wearing unless it effects my food or service which I don't think a hat does?!

I need a vacation! :)

When you have a ship full of people who "don't care", neither does management. Anyone who doesn't understand that this attitude has something to do with the decline of the main dining room is kidding himself. It does affect what you're eating, just not in the way you're thinking.

Let's face it, most people wearing jeans don't bear any resemblance to the "designer look" and if the attitude is nothing anyone wears has any affect on anything why not just have a complete free for all? Who cares?

Edited by Ma Bell

When you have a ship full of people who "don't care", neither does management. Anyone who doesn't understand that this attitude has something to do with the decline of the main dining room is kidding himself. It does affect what you're eating, just not in the way you're thinking.

Let's face it, most people wearing jeans don't bear any resemblance to the "designer look" and if the attitude is nothing anyone wears has any affect on anything why not just have a complete free for all? Who cares?

It is not a full ship of people who don't care! You have a ship full of people of all ages, from different cultures and what might look good for some, might not look good for others. Times are changing and Celebrity made this change to keep up with the times.

You bring up perhaps the proverbial chicken or egg, people who don't care or management that doesn't care. We disagree on this respectfully to a certain extent as I believe that much of the blame is on Celebrity management for not enforcing their own rules. They have been consistently inconsistent over the whole cruise line and also on individual ships.

As far as Jeans go, the only time we took them was in Alaska because we had physical outdoor excursions planned. I don't remember if I wore them to Blu or not. I will be in the Caribbean next month for 10 days, the jeans will be at home in my drawers, too hot in the Caribbean or Bermuda and I wear them all the time in winter.

As long as the jeans are neat & clean they are allowed. Does that mean I bring my jeans. Absolutely not! Nothing less than khaki & dress shirts & the suits for "chic" night for us. We like to look nice.

Keithm, I applaud your desire to look nice. If we all had that drive I bet we wouldn't have so many dress code arguments on line.

In my humble opinion,looking nice/appropriate has a lot more to do with the cut and fit of a garment than the "category" itself.

A quality pair of denim, paired with a jacket and most importantly an excellent pair of shoes ( not the black clunky lace ups that seem to be the staple of many males today), will in my opinion outshine a poorly constructed, ill fitting suit any day.

Most guys ( and I was one of them until I got professional clothing advice due to the nature of my job) miss the subtle points of dressing well. You can turn a $200 suit into a dashing outfit with the right accessories and tailoring, or subsequently a $2000 garment into a disaster.

I hope everyone who cruises enjoys themselves, regardless of how others dress. I for one feel very fortunate that I, given all the crap that goes on in our world, can still enjoy this luxury.