Jewel: is there a separate lounge for breakfast for Diamond /Diamond +

Hi;

We turned Diamond on our last cruise on Celebrity where there is separate lounge for breakfast.

Is there also something similar on the Jewel?

If yes, is it in the Diamond Lounge on deck 13 or a separate area in the MDR?

Thanks

Thanks Bob.

Is it exactly the same menu as in the MDR or less choice?

On Celebrity, the Elite lounge menu offers LESS than the MDR, weird isn't it?

And can I order my latte in the DL? Or I have to make it myself from the machine?

Thanks

Thanks Bob.

Is it exactly the same menu as in the MDR or less choice?

On Celebrity, the Elite lounge menu offers LESS than the MDR, weird isn't it?

And can I order my latte in the DL? Or I have to make it myself from the machine?

Thanks

The breakfast in the Diamond/Concierge Lounge is a continental buffet, no menu. The MDR has a breakfast menu, in addition to a buffet of cold food.

I don't know about Jewel but Freedom had seating for Diamond and up in Chops. No food, just seating since it is adjacent to the Windjammer. Some ships also have a Diamond seating area in the MDR for breakfast and though I've not tried it I've heard you can get free specialty coffees there.

This reminds me of the separate chief's section in the galley I visit on occasion at Port Hueneme. That Diamonds are treated to their own "Chief's Mess" strikes me as funny somehow.

Ahhh, Port Hueneme...Maybe you can tell me why the fence next to Point Mugu Beach is 30 feet high with barbed wire at the top...but you can just walk around it...:p

We are Diamond members and on the Adventurer last year we had breakfast in the dining room. We told them we were Diamond and they directed us to an area that was for Diamond members. Our grandchildren were "impressed" with the great service. The staff were great and asked our grandchildrens names. After that it was Ms. Claire and Mr. Matthew, the teens thought that was great!! We had breakfast there every morning. A great way to start our day.

I was on the Jewel last year. The first morning I went to look for another Cruise Compass, and, near guest services and to the right, noticed a sign that said "Diamond and up Breakfast". It was in a room between the main dining room and the centrum. There was a crew member, checking Sea Pass cards. There was no mention of it in any of my Diamond information. We did eat there, and it was the same menu as the MDR, but service was a lot faster! We enjoyed it so much, we ended up eating there every morning the rest of the cruise! If I hadn't been looking for an a Cruise Compass, I probably never would have known it existed. Oh, and it was never crowded when we went.

Continental Breakfast is pastry/coffee. You will need to go to the dining room, or buffet or order room service for real food.

The "continental" in the Concierge/Diamond lounge also includes fruit, bagels/english muffins/toast, cheese and deli meats,sliced veggies. You may not get all of the above every day, but it is more than pastry/coffee as erroneously stated above. :)

I don't know about Jewel but Freedom had seating for Diamond and up in Chops. No food, just seating since it is adjacent to the Windjammer. Some ships also have a Diamond seating area in the MDR for breakfast and though I've not tried it I've heard you can get free specialty coffees there.

The Chops on Jewel is no where near the Windjammer. I'm going back on Jewel next spring for the first time as diamond also. The last 2 ships I have been on (Majesty and Adventure, had a Diamond area for a full breakfast in the MDR.

We turned Diamond on our last cruise on Celebrity where there is separate lounge for breakfast.

You mean you turned Elite on Celebrity making you D on RCI.

I'll make sure to look for the sign regarding the Diamond Breakfast Lounge.

Ask the DL concierge if there's such a thing.

7c0f94917eb3afc4dd0bbf22a6720b65.jpg

D+ letter from Jewel last week (5/24)

The D+ letter included "Use of the Diamond Lounge and Suite Lounge". That seemed unusual to me, since the other ships that I have been on that have Suite Lounges do not admit D+s there. On the other hand, I thought that the Jewel was one of the ships that still has a Concierge Club and not a Suite Lounge. Does anyone know whether the Jewel actually has a Suite Lounge and, if so, whether there are other Suite Lounges that admit D+ members?

The D+ letter included "Use of the Diamond Lounge and Suite Lounge". That seemed unusual to me, since the other ships that I have been on that have Suite Lounges do not admit D+s there. On the other hand, I thought that the Jewel was one of the ships that still has a Concierge Club and not a Suite Lounge. Does anyone know whether the Jewel actually has a Suite Lounge and, if so, whether there are other Suite Lounges that admit D+ members?

The DL concierge calls is a suite lounge but it's not, it's still a CL hence why a D+ can get in there.

The sign outside the CL on Jewel clearly says Concierge Lounge, not Suite Lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would miss the CL on the Radiance class ships. Love it that you can go back and forth across the hallway

to either DL or CL if one is busier than the other...and especially if the coffee machine is not working in one or the

other I can have my choice. ;)

You would think that they would make sure that Diamond members are notified of all the benefits they have earned. The simplest way would be to have a letter printed up and have it in your cabin the first day.

J.

You would think that they would make sure that Diamond members are notified of all the benefits they have earned. The simplest way would be to have a letter printed up and have it in your cabin the first day.

J.

They already do that. If it is not there when you check into your cabin, ask the DL concierge for one.

J.

LOL that is exactly what they do.