Favorite Princess ship

cruisejunkie

Does anyone know which are the oldest and newest?

The launch date of each ship is pretty much the most easily found info out there, all over the website and in the Cruise Atlas (not to mention a bazillion third party sites).

But here it is all in one place:

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Princess-Cruises-Fleet-Overview.html

Unfortunately the Capacity (Lower Berth) statistics on that document have never been updated; what is shown is the capacity at first launch. Caribbean, Coral, Golden, Grand and Island Princess have all had additional cabins subsequently added. In the case of Island more than 100 extra; the resultant additional crowding usually puts Island on the "choose a different Princess ship first" list. Personally I would put Caribbean Princess on the "not too special" list as it is a mishmash of the earlier (Grand, Golden, Star) and last (Crown, Emerald, Ruby) generations of Grand-Class ships. All of which I heartedly recommend.

My favorite was the first Regal Princess. It had a Bengal bar, complete with a life-sized bronze tiger and bar stools that twirled around in circles. There was also a swim-up bar at the main pool. All of the teak and marble were real, not faux marble like some of the newer ships. I miss her. :(

We like the Regal & Royal Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would love to try out one of these ships ... maybe some day. My favorite is the Coral. I love the size and ship's design. Of note, my least favorite is the Grand ... but I still book on her because she sails out of my home port. Service is great ... it is the ship itself I don't care for that much.

I cannot pick.

We thought Grand with inside pool was the best option for Northern Europe. We loved pool setup on Caribbean and Ruby. The most beautiful atrium was on Royal, but I wasn't a fan of pools setup.

All are highly enjoyable.

We haven't sailed many yet. :)

Star twice, Grand twice, Crown once, Island once, and Coral once. Out of those Coral was my favorite. Loved the ship and the layout. Loved the cruise and the crew. Second out of those was Crown. Island was my least favorite but then we sailed Island after it was chopped up to add cabins and remove public space.

What is your favorite Princess ship and why. Any not too special? Does anyone know which are the oldest and newest?

Only done one ship: The Regal. Very nice interior. Piazza area is gorgeous. Love the walk over the ocean. Crooners is a great place to kick back & watch the comings & goings of all the pax. Great buffet. Arguably the best we've seen on a ship. Good enough to skip the MDR once in a while. Very good seafood on board.For downsides: NO stairway in center of ship. This can be maddening during busy times as elevators jam up. Theater surprisingly small for a ship this size. No bar/lounge that over looks the bow like any other ship we've been on. Terrible towels in bathrooms. Like what you'd get at an "Econolodge".(really small & rough)Still worth a nice trip, however.

I've sailed the Grand, Caribbean, Royal, Regal and Coral. The Coral is my favorite by far due to it's size and layout.

The Island used to be just like her, and then they added more cabins and ruined her. The Coral is one-of-a-kind!

Our favorite is the regal. Royal #2 and love the whole Princess fleet.

Have sailed Royal, Regal, Crown, Ruby, Emerald , Caribbean, Grand, Golden and most recent Diamond.

We love Alfredo's , full service Vines Bar , buffet ( when MDR not open) and large atrium with entertainment. Cabins on Lido and Marina foreword facing. Chef's table luminaire. On the regal and royal.

It is really hard to pick a favorite ship as there are things I like on several ships but no ship has everything I like. I have been on the Star, Grand, Golden, Coral, Caribbean, Emerald, Ruby, Crown, Royal, and Regal.

I like the buffet best on the Royal and Regal. I like the anytime dining rooms best on the Sapphire. I like the grand suite on the Grand. I like the bigger balconies on the Sapphire, Star, Golden, and Grand. I like the atrium best on the Royal and Regal. I love the Bayou Cafe and the "On The Bayou" production show as well as the library on the Coral.

No matter which ship I am on-----a bad day on board beats a good day at home.

Try all the ships and determine which one is your favorite if you can.

My favorite was the first Regal Princess. It had a Bengal bar, complete with a life-sized bronze tiger and bar stools that twirled around in circles. There was also a swim-up bar at the main pool. All of the teak and marble were real, not faux marble like some of the newer ships. I miss her. :(

Agreed! Loved that ship.

Though I can't afford it anymore, it has to be Pacific Princess. Quiet and intimate. We made life-long friends. With an aft-facing balcony, we smoothly crossed the Atlantic in style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD