Diet Coke in the morning

stjlo

I will be on the Emerald Princess next month. I drink Diet Coke in the morning like other people drink coffee! Where can I go to get a Diet Coke? Do they have them at the buffet? Do you have to ask for them? I will have a soda package also. If I don't want a meal, just the Diet Coke, where is the best place to go early in the morning?

Thank you!

I will be on the Emerald Princess next month. I drink Diet Coke in the morning like other people drink coffee! Where can I go to get a Diet Coke? Do they have them at the buffet? Do you have to ask for them? I will have a soda package also. If I don't want a meal, just the Diet Coke, where is the best place to go early in the morning?

International Cafe. And, one pool bar usually opens at 06:00

Thank you!

International Cafe on deck5, they are open 24 hours and will be able to oblige.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The soda package is for fountain sodas only. Believe the Calypso Reef Bar opens at 6am. This is right outside of the buffet area. You should be able to get soda there, or ne of the buffet waiters can also get it for you. You could also try the International Cafe Bar on deck 5. They also open around 6am. Another option is to carry on as much diet coke as you like and keep it in the cabin fridge.

Stjlo I am sooo with you. The only thing better than a cold Diet Coke is the morning is a cold diet Dr Pepper!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. But now I have switched to diet Sunkist. I can have one a day because of the caffeine in it. I love coke, but I drank way too much of it. I also drink diet Dr. Pepper caffeine free. It is hard to find some times.

We just got off the Emerald this past Sunday. Our son-in-law ordered a diet Coke at every meal: dining room for dinner and buffet for breakfast and lunch. He had the Soda and More sticker, and he never had a problem.

Well...I am also a Diet Coke in the morning person. :cool:

However, my results have been pretty mixed on getting it easily in the morning. I always have the soda package. I have found that even though the pool bars 'supposedly' open at 6:30....sometimes it is 7:30 before they actually ARE open. :mad: YMMV I got so frustrated on one cruise that I actually bought a can from a bar the night before to put in my cabin fridge for the next morning.

I have found the bars by the IC are best for getting Diet Coke early in the morning. I have also had problems getting a Diet Coke (fountain) in the MDR for breakfast. They eventually get it to me....but I might be done with breakfast by the time it gets there....never have figured out WHY that is such an issue, but it has happened to me on 3 ships! My solution has been that I now stop on the way to breakfast at the IC and get my own Diet Coke and bring it along.

My next cruise I have the AIBP for the first time! Since they will then bring me a can....maybe that will be easier? They tell me it has something to do with having to go to the bar and get it? Hmmm..if they are going to the bar anyway.....with the AIBP...maybe I will just have to go for a Bloody Mary instead.

;p

I agree. But now I have switched to diet Sunkist. I can have one a day because of the caffeine in it. I love coke, but I drank way too much of it. I also drink diet Dr. Pepper caffeine free. It is hard to find some times.

I was a morning Diet Coke drinker for many years until I realized caffeine upsets my stomach (always thought it was the food!). Now I bring on a 12-pack of Caffeine-Free Diet Coke. Would love to find cans of Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper! Where'd you find them?

Oh - and what I do is just bring the can up with me to the buffet, get a glass of those wonderful ice cubes and voila!

Stjlo I am sooo with you. The only thing better than a cold Diet Coke is the morning is a cold diet Dr Pepper!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

YES! That used to be my reward for a good work out at the gym! Now I have to settle with caffeine-free and none of the fast-food places I've found so far carry it.

I do the same thing. The bar on the aft behind the buffet is open early. And the bar next to the International Cafe.

I sometimes splurged and got an unopened canned diet coke the night before for the cabin while getting dressed. (Be sure to tell them ahead of time not to open the can).

--------------------------- OR

Also order from room service the night before on the door hanger breakfast order form.

You can also carry your own diet coke cans onboard and keep in refrigerator.....maybe just take enough for one each morning and rely on the soda package the rest of the time.

Thank you!

Just ask and they will get it for you.

Sounds like me, so a hint.

Get one at the Calypso bar, where it will be in Akaroa plastic cup, hang onto the cup for refills. Otherwise at other bars you will get little glasses that don't hold more than two mouthfuls. Once the staff learn you they may find you something bigger in the MDR and some bars.

I do the same thing. The bar on the aft behind the buffet is open early. And the bar next to the International Cafe.

I sometimes splurged and got an unopened canned diet coke the night before for the cabin while getting dressed. (Be sure to tell them ahead of time not to open the can).

Also order from room service the night before on the door hanger breakfast order form.

You can also carry your own diet coke cans onboard and keep in refrigerator.....maybe just take enough for one each morning and rely on the soda package the rest of the time.

Room service beverages are not included in the AIBP or with the soda sticker.

Take a six pack with you. Keep it in your cabin for an emergency. In case you get up very early some morning. :)

Tony

Yep. Even with the soda package you can't get room service soda so take some with you. It's easy and you can carry on as much as you like.

Get one at the Calypso bar, where it will be in Akaroa plastic cup, hang onto the cup for refills. Otherwise at other bars you will get little glasses that don't hold more than two mouthfuls. Once the staff learn you they may find you something bigger in the MDR and some bars.

Great tip! Thanks... I was afraid of those little tiny glasses...

OR...carry the cup that comes with the soda package. That is also a nice big cup! :D