Flight gets into Orlando at 6:00 a.m. and can't board until noon

alyfam

Hello,

Our flight gets into Orlando at 6:00 a.m. and our boarding time is at noon. Carnival transfers don't start until 10:00 a.m. We are thinking about getting a private transfer or renting a car. Assuming our flight is on time, is there anything we could do for a few hours near Port Canaveral?

Thanks for any help!

It is about an hours drive to the port. Many people do rent a car to drive to the port. The bus won't leave the airport until it is full which can take time.You should get to Port Canaveral around 8 am. You can go to a beach, have a leisurely breakfast there, there's not much to see at the port except the ships. Don't know what to suggest to do/see in Orlando that is not Disney World/Sea World type of thing. Check out Orlando here or on Google for something to do there.

All the major car rentals have good prices for renting a car at the airport and dropping it off by the the port, which is in Cocoa Beach. Then they will shuttle you to the port for free. Same thing on the return. It's probably cheaper than the Carnival transfers. I would suggest getting out of Orlando and researching things to do in Cocoa Beach. There's a great pier with shops, a giant Ron Jons store, and the Kennedy Space Center, among other things. By the time you pick up your luggage, drive to Cocoa Beach and have breakfast, at least some things should be open.

OP - If it were me I would rent a car and go to the Kennedy Space Center and not plan on getting to the ship until as late as possible, However it is clear from your arrival time that you are going to be on a red eye, and that might make for a long day.

Maybe, find a hotel near MCO that offers breakfast to non residents, preferably with an airport shuttle, eat, clean up, relax a little and head back to MCO for the Carnival port shuttle.

We've done this at other airports, but not MCO, so I can't say if it is possible though.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I think the rental car is your best bet....you can do the same on your return, if you have a late enough flight....you don't want to deal with getting a car, possible traffic, etc...if your flight home is around or before noon!

But yes...heading to the port, you will have ample time to stop and have a nice breakfast at a real restaurant...not a Mickey D's or some other "fast food" joint...then head toward port, and you could stop and pick up any last minute items....turn in the car and head to the ship!

Thank you for all the suggestions! I think we will rent a car and head to the port. If we have time to check out Kennedy Space Center we will try that. If not, we can just check out Cocoa Beach. I'm all about packing in experiences. We can sleep later! We rented a car already for the return trip so that we can do an airboat excursion.

if you read much about the port you'll see Grills mentioned

they do breakfast

don't think about KSC .. too $ for just couple of hours

you might consider a day room at the hotel in the airport and a later shuttle to the port .... rest up, take a shower .... the airport hotel does day rooms .....

btw ... boarding almost ALWAYS starts early

If you drive and have time to kill .... Ron Jon is the place to buy anything with Ron Jon painted on it .....

Edited by Capt_BJ

Hello,

Our flight gets into Orlando at 6:00 a.m. and our boarding time is at noon. Carnival transfers don't start until 10:00 a.m. We are thinking about getting a private transfer or renting a car. Assuming our flight is on time, is there anything we could do for a few hours near Port Canaveral?

Thanks for any help!

Start that book you bring with your on every cruise but never read.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[it does seem like wasted time, but even if you rent a car you really don't have too much time before boarding.

By the time you get your luggage, rent the car, it will be at least 7:30. Then drive to Port Everglades is about an hour and then you need to turn the car in a the rental office and get to the ship.

That really only leaves a few hours. Maybe drive down A1A to Cocoa Beach, have breakfast and then go get on your cruise. beach