Ever Stayed in the Basement on the Jewel?

Hi!

We're sailing on the Jewel in December. We booked it on a whim when we found a fantastic deal. The only problem is that the only available cabins were on deck 2! There isn't much on deck 2 but the infirmary and about 15 cabins.

We usually stay in balcony rooms around deck 9 or 10, so I have a few questions about staying so far down. Is it really loud? Are there any odors - either mechanical or sewery? We have a window - will it be below the waterline, ever? Any other tips or advice? I've considered calling and asking if anything has opened up, higher up, but then that defeats the purpose of booking the fantastic deal, right?

Thanks in advance!

Jeanne

You are NOT in the "basement! There are MANY decks below you...crew, storage, and then the engines! There is no difference in the cabins from one deck to the other within the same category. Noises and smells are no different on deck 2 as they are on deck 10!

Hi!

We're sailing on the Jewel in December. We booked it on a whim when we found a fantastic deal. The only problem is that the only available cabins were on deck 2! There isn't much on deck 2 but the infirmary and about 15 cabins.

We usually stay in balcony rooms around deck 9 or 10, so I have a few questions about staying so far down. Is it really loud? Are there any odors - either mechanical or sewery? We have a window - will it be below the waterline, ever? Any other tips or advice? I've considered calling and asking if anything has opened up, higher up, but then that defeats the purpose of booking the fantastic deal, right?

Thanks in advance!

Jeanne

Only during high tide.

We stayed on deck 1 on our last cruise with a different cruise line. I was very nervous about it but ended up enjoying it. Yes, it is a little longer trip up to the lido deck, but it was very convenient getting on and off the ship at ports. It was also very quiet!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on a different cruise line in which mother-in-law paid for trip (family & friend discount) so we couldn't be picky so our cabins were all on the 3rd floor and I was nervous about it because I've only ever stayed on higher floors either balcony or suite....I have to say it was actually really nice, very quiet. But hey its all about the trip and all the fun you will have...I say enjoy!!

We were on 3 on FOS once, It was kind of a pain going somewhere on the same deck, the must have watertight bulkheads there, you had to go up over and down if you wanted to go somewhere on the same deck

We were on 3 on FOS once, It was kind of a pain going somewhere on the same deck, the must have watertight bulkheads there, you had to go up over and down if you wanted to go somewhere on the same deck

You have to go up and over because of Studio B (ice skating rink) not because of watertight bulkheads.

I love deck 2 on Radiance class ships. Super quiet, short walk to cabin, very stable. Just spent 9 days in 2029 on Radiance - several of the port stops had the gangway on deck 2, so it was super convenient. Centrum is only 2 decks up.

We discovered a few years ago that our porthole cabin was adjacent to and below one of the gangways. We WERE sleeping in with the curtains open when we heard all the racket of people coming and going looking in the window. :) Always booked upper decks after that.

We discovered a few years ago that our porthole cabin was adjacent to and below one of the gangways. We WERE sleeping in with the curtains open when we heard all the racket of people coming and going looking in the window. :) Always booked upper decks after that.

You WERE sleeping and you still heard all that racket and saw people looking in the window.:confused:

Hmmmmm? :confused:

Our three kids were conceived while we WERE ...... sleeping. :D

Still only upper decks only for us. ;)