Is the non refundable deposit program ON?

Hi

My cruise went down but I'm afraid of booking a new reservation because I'm not sure if the new reservation is under the new system or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think it's taken effect yet. It will say on the reservation...and it's only on certain ships, or certain cabin types.

Hi

My cruise went down but I'm afraid of booking a new reservation because I'm not sure if the new reservation is under the new system or not.

Just call whoever booked your cruise and tell them you don't want to be converted to a non-refundable deposit.

I'm not seeing it in any of the cruises I'm checking. Royal did start testing it a few weeks ago but the test was limited to just a few sailings and ships.

Me neither- just checked several of mine as well

It's on for several of the MJ cruises I checked this morning. For the cruises I looked at, the difference on refundable and non-refundable deposits varied between $58 and $61 more for a refundable deposit. :eek:

It's on for several of the MJ cruises I checked this morning. For the cruises I looked at, the difference on refundable and non-refundable deposits varied between $58 and $61 more for a refundable deposit. :eek:

I still cannot figure out how to choose between the two. All I get is the non-refundable price.

When I first went into their website this morning, it gave me the choice on every MJ cruise I looked at. The NR prices were the best I've seen lately and the sailings I looked at in Dec 2017 and Feb 2018 also had a $26 OBC. Now, I can't get that version of the webpage to come back up and I am seeing their older webpage version with the regular, higher prices and no options. It seems the Royal IT department has struck again.

When I first went into their website this morning, it gave me the choice on every MJ cruise I looked at. The NR prices were the best I've seen lately and the sailings I looked at in Dec 2017 and Feb 2018 also had a $26 OBC. Now, I can't get that version of the webpage to come back up and I am seeing their older webpage version with the regular, higher prices and no options. It seems the Royal IT department has struck again.

I also got the $26 OBC but I believe it is supposed to be $50 for the non refundable rates. It showed $50 on the first screen where you picked between refundable and non but then it only showed $26 at the end.

The rate for NR went down a small amount from yesterday's refundable rate.....example:

7d72b21d49b9875e8b6bb2eefbe8b162.jpg

The rate yesterday for this cruise was $874 PP....so you do save a few bucks going to NR. The issue is how much Royal raised the price of today's refundable rate. My other bookings look a lot like this.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I don't think it's taken effect yet. It will say on the reservation...and it's only on certain ships, or certain cabin types.

It's supposed to take effect today, July 1st. Having problems with RCL's web site.

The rate for NR went down a small amount from yesterday's refundable rate.....example:

7d72b21d49b9875e8b6bb2eefbe8b162.jpg

The rate yesterday for this cruise was $874 PP....so you do save a few bucks going to NR. The issue is how much Royal raised the price of today's refundable rate. My other bookings look a lot like this.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

That's a pretty nice price difference-

I'm only seeing non-refundable pricing on suites. There doesn't seem to be an option for refundable on the 7 cruises that I checked for JS prices. Hopefully it will be available if they ever get the website fixed !! :D:rolleyes:

I'm only seeing non-refundable pricing on suites. There doesn't seem to be an option for refundable on the 7 cruises that I checked for JS prices. Hopefully it will be available if they ever get the website fixed !! :D:rolleyes:

I believe this was part of the new roll-out. Suites will no longer have a refundable deposit.

Yet another website "glitch" in favor of the company.

I believe this was part of the new roll-out. Suites will no longer have a refundable deposit.

I was under the impression that the NRD was for GS or above. I guess if I want to book a JS in the future I'll go through C&A and clarify if a JS is eligible for a refundable rate. We book our cruises way in advance and I would really prefer to be able to change a booking if needed without losing money.

I was under the impression that the NRD was for GS or above. I guess if I want to book a JS in the future I'll go through C&A and clarify if a JS is eligible for a refundable rate. We book our cruises way in advance and I would really prefer to be able to change a booking if needed without losing money.

My understanding was that the NRD for suites was only if booked on board. I guess we will find out.

My understanding was that the NRD for suites was only if booked on board. I guess we will find out.

That's what was said in Royal's press release.....

But we are talking about Royal....so anything is possible

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Both of these things may be right. It might just be GS and up, or it might be just GS and up booked on board. There was a thread with the new rules recently, I'm sure someone has it and can check.

Both of these things may be right. It might just be GS and up, or it might be just GS and up booked on board. There was a thread with the new rules recently, I'm sure someone has it and can check.

Either theory still does not explain why the J4 stateroom I priced this morning only has the NRD option.

I think there were a couple of weeks where the policy was just for the suites booked through Next Cruise, but almost immediately it was extended to include all full suites regardless of where/when they are booked.

So now, if you are a full suites customer your only option is for a NRD. This is very unfortunate, IMO.

It was my understanding, however, that the JS were exempt from this new policy so I suspect there is an IT glitch (which should surprise no one).

Just call whoever booked your cruise and tell them you don't want to be converted to a non-refundable deposit.

Hi,

Have some cruises booked before July 1st. Are we supposed to contact our TA to let me know we don't want these to be non-refundable? or do they stay the way they are?

Thanks!

NJ