Bringing golf clubs to Bermuda?

Chesneygirl

My husband and son will be golfing in Bermuda and would like to bring their own golf clubs. Can anyone who has done this before tell me how it works? Do we check them in with one of the porters or should we carry them on? Will NCL hold them for us or do they have to stay in our cabin?

BTW we will be on the Breakaway if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

i would only check them if you have them in a travel bag, like the kind you use to check them on an airplane. you could carry them on as well, but seems unwieldy.

in some ways its easier to just rent clubs. but i hate playing wiht clubs other than my own, so im sure your hubs and son feel the same way. not all 5 irons hit the same!

My husband always brings his clubs. He has them in a travel bag with a luggage tag, he checks them with the rest of our luggage and they are always delivered to our room. He has never had a problem

I'm planning to do the same thing on the Dawn next month. I'd recommend a travel bag, like others have suggested, as well as as a Bag Boy Backbone. It's a telescoping umbrella-like device that keeps the top of the travel bag taut in the event it is knocked into a wall or other bags. Should run you around $30 on Amazon. Besides that, my only other suggestion is if they have a driver with an adjustable head, they may want to unscrew the head and hovels and pack them in the bag to reduce the chance of something breaking.

They don't take up THAT much space! You will keep them in your cabin...stand them in a corner! If you have a travel case, you can check them. If not, you should carry them on, or you may be missing clubs!

If you are going to check your clubs please invest in a hard side travel bag, the soft side ones do not offer a lot of protection, and they could easily be crushed in a luggage bin.

I always just carry them on, go straight to my room and drop them off. I do not think they will hold them on the ship for you.

That's what I do as well. Just board the ship after 1:00pm and you can take them straight to your cabin. I set the clubs up in the corner and store the soft travel case under the bed with the rest of our luggage. Make sure you play Port Royal GC -- it's the closest to the cruise ship docks, and is a championship course designed by Robert Trent Jones. Easy taxi ride away.

This is where they played the Grand Slam of Golf for the winners of all four majors. (The Open Championship, the US Open, the PGA and the Masters)

I have a "hard travel case", but never bring it as it's very difficult to store in a cruise ship cabin.

Remember that Bermuda has very little level land and all the courses are up and down in elevation. In addition, there is usually a breeze blowing. I'm a five handicap, but you can shoot a big score and loose a few golf balls, so bring extra. Great views of the ocean on many holes.

Enjoy,

Kel:D