A Month To Go:)....more help questions please.

Lois R

Les.

Lists are good for claims when stuff gets misplaced or permanently lost.

You could also easily photograph stuff and keep in your computer.

Much like you would do for your fabulous art collection or those China dogs you insist upon collecting, or all of those beer steins from the 15th century.

:-)

I misread that... I thought that said 15th Century beer stains and was going to say they are not that old! lol

Yes absolutely agree. It is actually something I have done in the past too (insurance in mind) and I seriously ask myself why I haven't as a matter of course! My camera feet in particular.

Interesting reading about everyone's packing process:)

I am not a list person and never have been so that is not in my wheelhouse;)

I pretty much know everything I am bringing (maybe a few changes here and there) but overall I have it pretty much

down........

Who asked about shoes? I will probably have 6 pairs.......but one of those are just a comfy slide for the flight......

(more like a mule....a closed toe, open back)...

Shoes ...ah yes shoes.

The manolos or Jimmy choos?

Yes choose is the operative word.

I can't walk well in high heels.

I look silly so depending upon time of year,

I take sandals, some plain and some evening glitzy.

I take some glitzy ballet flats and one pair of plain flats.

I take light running shoes with good tread to wear on excursions or in summer, Merrill type water sandals.

I also take boat shoes.

One pair of flip flops.

Interesting reading about everyone's packing process:)

I am not a list person and never have been so that is not in my wheelhouse;)

I pretty much know everything I am bringing (maybe a few changes here and there) but overall I have it pretty much

down........

Who asked about shoes? I will probably have 6 pairs.......but one of those are just a comfy slide for the flight......

(more like a mule....a closed toe, open back)...

Only 6 pairs? :o :eek::D

Whew, I am not alone! I have read many packing tips that say casual shoes for day, a dressy pair for evening and a pair for touring. I can't do that!! It just is not in my nature. I can be fairly sensible with clothes to pack that are mix and match, and can be dressed up or down. But shoes, never!!

Penny

Penny, I'm with you, girl! I take about eight pairs; usually two evening heels, mid-high wedge sandals in gold and silver for informal dresses, two pairs of flats, and two light but sturdy walking shoes. I do not use sneakers (tennis shoes in my vocabulary) and never have... and I do a lot a exercise...with rubber-soled ballet shoes. My goodness, what a shoe confession have you gleaned from me!

Les.

Lists are good for claims when stuff gets misplaced or permanently lost.

You could also easily photograph stuff and keep in your computer.

:-)

I read a tip a few years ago about photographing the outside of your suitcase. I thought it was overkill but figured I'd give it a try. It came in handy on the very next trip - a Silversea cruise ending in London. One piece of luggage was not on the dock waiting area. When the rep started quizzing me about what it looked like I pulled out my phone and showed it to her. She left and a few minutes later appeared with our suitcase. (Apparently the tag fell off and rather than putting it close to the luggage claim area, it was hidden away!)

I've also used the method at airline luggage offices when a suitcase was misplaced and the airline rep was asking me what type of suitcase? The photo is much faster and lets the rep classify it using their system. It can also serve as proof of condition - although I haven't had to use that yet.

Penny, I'm with you, girl! I take about eight pairs; usually two evening heels, mid-high wedge sandals in gold and silver for informal dresses, two pairs of flats, and two light but sturdy walking shoes. I do not use sneakers (tennis shoes in my vocabulary) and never have... and I do a lot a exercise...with rubber-soled ballet shoes. My goodness, what a shoe confession have you gleaned from me!

Love this post! I usually end of buying at least one new pair before a cruise...Friends are bringing down three new pairs for me later this month...in preparation for my Nov. TA. I have difficulty getting shoes that fit here in Mexico.....Oh yes, and they are a gold pair and a silver pair for evening..and a pretty wedge for informal dress......

Penny, we did the November TA 2016 in the Spirit. We absolutely loved it. Are you doing this one?

I met people who commented on my shoes...and two were men. I felt soooo flattered! Glad you're having pretty shoes sent to you for the cruise...Shoes make a lady feel whole, don't you agree?

I read a tip a few years ago about photographing the outside of your suitcase. I thought it was overkill but figured I'd give it a try. It came in handy on the very next trip - a Silversea cruise ending in London. One piece of luggage was not on the dock waiting area. When the rep started quizzing me about what it looked like I pulled out my phone and showed it to her. She left and a few minutes later appeared with our suitcase. (Apparently the tag fell off and rather than putting it close to the luggage claim area, it was hidden away!) I've also used the method at airline luggage offices when a suitcase was misplaced and the airline rep was asking me what type of suitcase? The photo is much faster and lets the rep classify it using their system. It can also serve as proof of condition - although I haven't had to use that yet.

I take about eight pairs; usually two evening heels, mid-high wedge sandals in gold and silver for informal dresses, two pairs of flats, and two light but sturdy walking shoes. I do not use sneakers (tennis shoes in my vocabulary) and never have... and I do a lot a exercise...with rubber-soled ballet shoes. My goodness, what a shoe confession have you gleaned from me!

Super great suggestion for taking pictures of your luggage for air flights and cruises. Smart idea with excellent reasons for doing this important protection.

SHOE CONFESSIONS??!! Wow, are we now up to eight pairs of shoes for certain ladies?? Wait till I tell my wife. She has never been anywhere for being that "out of control"!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 33,591 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Something I have to say, important or not, some of us understand Imelda Marcos....

So, so funny with this cute mention of Imelda Marcos. YES, good or bad, she was the "Shoe Queen". As the old saying goes, "If the shoe fits, wear it."

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 226,623 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For those so totally young to not be able to remember Imelda Marcos, here is a file photo of her from a quick Internet search. Like?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

Marcos-shoes_zpssi8bj4jy.jpg

So, so funny with this cute mention of Imelda Marcos. YES, good or bad, she was the "Shoe Queen". As the old saying goes, "If the shoe fits, wear it."

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 226,623 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For those so totally young to not be able to remember Imelda Marcos, here is a file photo of her from a quick Internet search. Like?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

Marcos-shoes_zpssi8bj4jy.jpg

Very good and yes, we can relate!! Penny

Penny, we did the November TA 2016 in the Spirit. We absolutely loved it. Are you doing this one?

I met people who commented on my shoes...and two were men. I felt soooo flattered! Glad you're having pretty shoes sent to you for the cruise...Shoes make a lady feel whole, don't you agree?

Absolutely I agree! My husband used to just shake his head and say "Oh, new shoes?"

i'm going on the Wind's TA. This will be my third in a row. Being a widow "Solo mi", the Wind suits me very well. I have met the loveliest people and I love sea days.

6 pairs of shoes? You might need a mule, just to carry your luggage! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

What? 6 pairs is not very many. 3 go in the checked bag and a couple go in my carry on......not sure I understand

the comment.:eek:

I am a very low maintenance person..........always have been. I am bringing some new clothes:) but I prefer not to

overpack (too much). If that makes me odd, oh well:)........I don't really like packing lots of shoes.

How about none of us is odd! We just like different things and there is no right or wrong. When we pack, what we pack etc. etc.

Have a wonderful cruise. I really look forward to hearing about your adventure.......

Buen viaje....

Penny

Hi Penny, thanks:)....I keep checking the weather in Barcelona.......looks fantastic........80s and sunny during the day:D

I think they have low humidity too.......should be great:D.....

Yes, I don't think that is alot.....I have read where some women bring 16 pairs.:eek:

When we were living in the former Yugoslavia, houseguests were expected and I had advised to expect a number of social events. They arrived with their luggage including one piece that contained nothing but her shoes, Fortunately, he was an airline captain so the number of bags and the weight did not apply. This was back in the day! She was a woman after my own heart!

What? 6 pairs is not very many. 3 go in the checked bag and a couple go in my carry on......not sure I understand

the comment.:eek:

Nothing to understand. Just teasing. Sorry that didn't come through; it's hard to convey that over the 'net. Should have ended with a ;)

The "mule" was a silly pun about your shoes, which you described as mules. Yes, I know that a mule is a type of shoe.

Lois, JP, like my DH, is a MAN and they only need fictional shoes.

LOL

The problem with "man" shoes is that they are so bulky. Chris can pack 3 pairs in the same amount of space. Long ago, I gave up trying to pack "regular' shoes. You can't get away with a 22" carry-on bag if you're packing several pairs of regular shoes.

I usually bring 3 pairs on a SS cruise. One pair of decent black Skechers that are my day shoe; these can also go with informal clothes at night. I wear them on the plane. One pair of dance shoes that are patent leather and can go with my tux. They get packed but compress and take up very little room. One pair of sandals for lazing around on board. They go in the carry-on. If I'm on Silver Explorer, the fancy patent leather shoes can sometimes stay home.

Chris can get away with 1-2 pairs of flats, one sandal, and one pair of heels, which are also dance shoes so they take up zero room. Her dance shoes are multi-colored and glittery so they look great with almost any color of dress.