VIP Pool Access

Navigator of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas have seating areas at the pool that require a gold card. Probably the same on other ships in their class, but these I know of personally.

Freedom of the Seas had a reserved seating area at the pool but now they have moved it to a rooftop deck away from the pool.

Allure has a suite sun deck that is really nice. It is above the Solarium with a lot of chairs, the clamshell type chairs and a few cabanas. Also has a bar. Have to swipe your suite card to access as gates are locked. Very nice overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others have said, RC uses gold cards for passengers who are staying in suites. Gold card passengers are technically VIP's. However, higher ranking C&A members (diamond plus) have reserved seating areas in some areas like the ice shows and theater, but they are not really VIP's. Unless staying in a suite they do not have a gold card.

Freedom, Oasis, and Radiance really aren't pool friendly like Voyager ships.

Is there elevator access to the Oasis suite sundeck?

Not to my knowledge. I don't know what they do for folks in scooters or wheelchairs, unless there is some crew elevator that they allow guests to use. I was told that this area was originally a crew rec area.

Navigator of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas have seating areas at the pool that require a gold card. Probably the same on other ships in their class, but these I know of personally.

Freedom of the Seas had a reserved seating area at the pool but now they have moved it to a rooftop deck away from the pool.

So on Adventure would these reserved seats be fcfs or would there be plenty of seating for all Gold Card holders?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, on o/a the elevator is at the end of the hall with the restrooms, on harmony there is a seperate door with a wheelchair ramp but I could never see in there. They bring carts of towels, ice, drinks, etc up there and the elevators are crew operated. I did notice on harmony there was a enclosed stairwell for crew on the hot tub side

How close to the pool are they usually? Are there some sun and some shade options?

On Adventure I believe they're on the "tiered" part of the pool deck which is a great spot if you like sun. Depending on time of day there may be little shade, but you can always take a break and head for the covered areas for some relief.

Allure has a suite sun deck that is really nice. It is above the Solarium with a lot of chairs, the clamshell type chairs and a few cabanas. Also has a bar. Have to swipe your suite card to access as gates are locked. Very nice overall.

Does this include lowly JS pax (Sea Class), or just GS and above?

Yes, on o/a the elevator is at the end of the hall with the restrooms, on harmony there is a seperate door with a wheelchair ramp but I could never see in there. They bring carts of towels, ice, drinks, etc up there and the elevators are crew operated. I did notice on harmony there was a enclosed stairwell for crew on the hot tub side

Where does the guest get on that elevator?

Does this include lowly JS pax (Sea Class), or just GS and above?

Nope, not Sea Class. Just GS and above. The sign has the colored cards that have access to the area. The ships with suite class do not give gold cards to suite passengers, they are other colors (maroon and something else??).

Nope, not Sea Class. Just GS and above. The sign has the colored cards that have access to the area. The ships with suite class do not give gold cards to suite passengers, they are other colors (maroon and something else??).

Does a Royal Family Suite get Gold or something else?

Where does the guest get on that elevator?

Good question that I don't have an answer for.

It has access on 16 back behind the solarium bar so It might be there on o/a. There is a stairwell back there also.

Edited by setsail

• 8 months later...

Self Edit

• 3 weeks later...

Any of the pool staff will provide access to the elevator on the Harmony which also has an elevator. The elevator is an unmarked door on the opposite side of the hot tub. The elevator terminates next to the restrooms on the suite sundeck area.

Kind of disappointing folks with special needs are not provided easier access.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

John are you sure? Liberty went to the pool friendly last year , when we did it in 2017 it was not that good but last year it was just like voyager class

John are you sure? Liberty went to the pool friendly last year , when we did it in 2017 it was not that good but last year it was just like voyager class
Speaking from past knowledge, but I do know that Freedom did not move from above Sky Bar after her drydock. Have not sailed her since she left PC.

On Mariner now, no one using the gold card chairs much.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk