App for connecting with friends onboard?

Hi

Trying to find out if Celebrity has an app for iPhones/Droids for connecting with other friends onboard?

NCL has iConcierge and Princess has an app that also that allow you to view the daily schedules and message other passengers while onboard.

Does Celebrity have an app like this? I haven't been able to find in in the App Store

thanks

Cindi

Celebrity has no comparable app. If you have Wifi you can use any platform you wish.

Royal Caribbean had an app that we used onboard. And, it somehow allowed iMessages to go through. Same parent company. Not sure why Celebrity wouldn't have a similar service. It is a puzzlement!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Considering the average age of the typical Celebrity cruiser, I can understand why it wouldn't be a priority.

On Celebrity, they don't even have an app that I can see. Princess did, but it didn't work that great anyway. But at least Princess and most others can display the evening MDR menu on the TV, but not Celebrity.

I think when Celebrity hires anyone who knows anything about programing, they must get sucked away to work on their web site, which is always in need of repair.

Considering the average age of the typical Celebrity cruiser, I can understand why it wouldn't be a priority.

No need for agism. There are many of we seniors trying to drag Celebrity's IT into the 21st century.

Celebrity has no comparable app. If you have Wifi you can use any platform you wish.

That's mean...and wrong!

I just got hip to the fact that verizon offers WiFi calling at no extra charge on the plan and devices my wife and I have. On our upcoming cruise on the Equinox we have the unlimited internet package.

If we put our phones in airplane mode can we use the WiFi calling feature on the ship using our unlimited wifi? If so, just calls between the two of us or calls to land as well?

And if not, can anyone suggest a reliable messaging app we can use to 'text' virtually, that takes advantage of our unlimited internet?

Yes, id you are in airplane mode, and both have unlimited wifi, you can use the "callng over wifi" feature of your phone to contact each other as well as to make phone calls at no charge. Verizon, AT&T and t-mobile all offer the "calling over wifi" on newer model phones.

Try your wifi calling before you leave home so you know how it works and what to expect. Go somewhere with wifi, a Starbucks or a library, go into airplane mode and switch your wifi on. Sign into their system. After a minute (or even two) you should connect to your cell phone carrier and you'll be able to make a phone call.

@jeremiah1212 Who do you think invented the technology of today? Some snowflake millennial? Oh wait, that's discriminatory like your statement. I apologize. No need to stereotype. We are more alike because we love cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeremiah, I'm the one who had to show my kids and grandkids how to use their apps to make phone calls and they're all very tech savvy.

Maybe when you get a little more life experience you'll realize that being older doesn't make someone stupid.

Try your wifi calling before you leave home so you know how it works and what to expect. Go somewhere with wifi, a Starbucks or a library, go into airplane mode and switch your wifi on. Sign into their system. After a minute (or even two) you should connect to your cell phone carrier and you'll be able to make a phone call.

Excellent idea to do a test run.

I can tell you Wi-Fi calling should work calling out, but don't expect incoming calls to work with the Verizon or T-Moble Wi-Fi calling. If you want that, use a VoIP method instead like Vonage or Skyp. They are less sensitive to poor latency Wi-Fi.

I can tell you Wi-Fi calling should work calling out, but don't expect incoming calls to work with the Verizon or T-Moble Wi-Fi calling. If you want that, use a VoIP method instead like Vonage or Skyp. They are less sensitive to poor latency Wi-Fi.

Wifi calls can be made both ways using a messenger app.

Jeremiah, I'm the one who had to show my kids and grandkids how to use their apps to make phone calls and they're all very tech savvy.

Maybe when you get a little more life experience you'll realize that being older doesn't make someone stupid.

Maybe it is just my family. My 7 relatives between 75 and 81. Only 3 have email. 5 have mobile phones and none have a smart phone. One still uses a dial up for internet. Another does not have internet in her house. Only 2 have Facebook accounts. I'm 58 and just retired.

I just got hip to the fact that verizon offers WiFi calling at no extra charge on the plan and devices my wife and I have. On our upcoming cruise on the Equinox we have the unlimited internet package.

If we put our phones in airplane mode can we use the WiFi calling feature on the ship using our unlimited wifi? If so, just calls between the two of us or calls to land as well?

And if not, can anyone suggest a reliable messaging app we can use to 'text' virtually, that takes advantage of our unlimited internet?

What'sApp is very widely used. It is on both Android and iOS, and very quick, reliable and functional (including voice and video calls, if you want). Be aware it is owned by Facebook (you decide if that's good or bad). It is what I always use when outside of my home cellular coverage. Enjoy!

• 9 months later...

I had to bring 2way radios because Celebrity doesn't have any modern systems for passenger to communicate. The WiFi is very expensive and unsatisfactory to make calls or use apps. Many other companies offer some kind of communication between passengers on board.:rolleyes:clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744 I Hope some day they will modernize their fleet.

The Celebrity Iphone APP does not work it crashes at startup, the problem exists for a long time and they have no fixed

Have you upgraded lately. Initially mine crashed ever time I attempted to open but the most recent versions seem to work fine. Navigation isn't always intuitive.