Earliest Flight Miami To New York?

gordylad

We arrive at this time but didn't get off till about 8.30 , don't forget you have to go through customs . You might be quick but it doesn't mean the person in front will be! Anything before 10 would be worrying IMHO . Even 11 I think would be touch and go depending on check in time and getting through security .

I am sure more experienced travellers will be able to give more info

Take a later flight and you would be able to buy the Luggage Valet, which is a wonderful program.

There are some other considerations as well:

Can you move your luggage with no assistance, possibly up and down stairs?

Would you be considering self-disembarking?

How do you plan to get to the airport?

Do you have any frequent flyer status which will help you through the airport lines?

Do you have TSA precheck?

What is your plan B if you should miss the earlier flight? Later flights are likely to be sold out, You might have to pay a change fee to travel standby.

Got of Equinox last Sunday. Did Express walk off at 7 am. In Lyft ($31 including tip) at 7:15. Arrived FLL at 7:55. On a Delta flight to ATL at 8:45. Big line to drop off bags inside. No one in line for curbside check in. No one in PreCheck security line. Flew standby on Delta.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Going by experience whats the earliest flight time we could think about for a cruise which arrives Miami 7am?

Depends on a lot of factors:

Are you both willing and able to self-disembark with ALL of your own luggage?

How many other ships are in port than morning?

Are you actually flying out of MIA or FLL?

How is your planned transportation from cruise port to airport?

Do you plan to check bags on your flight?

Do you have any status with your airline that allows you to use a priority check-in line?

Do you have TSA pre-check?

One time we got off the ship in Miami, it was raining. Dock workers did not work in the rain at that time. Had to wait 1 1/2 hrs for luggage. Have no idea it that is still the case in Miami, but I would never book a flight before 11 am.

Since things happen and sometimes you can get delayed by the immigration authorities or the at the airport because of security lines and general crowding, I suggest you consider a flight no early then 11:30. AM.

After what I am sure will be a great cruise, why stress? Enjoy

There is not much worse then relying on "anecdotal" comments with cruise disembarkation. We have disembarked from far more then 100 cruises...including plenty in both the POM and FLL. We could tell the OP that 81.224444 of the time they could make a 10:30am flight from MIA. But that would leave the other 18.77.......% of the time that they would miss that 10:30 flight. And yes, we have experienced first hand on two separate cruises. In those two cases the ships did dock on time (very early) but were held by the US Authorities for various reasons. The worst case was on a very large ship that was not cleared until nearly 9:30am! The rumored reason was that CBP wanted to interview a particular crew member...who could not be located. There were many very angry passengers on that particular cruise. The other case was rumored to be the result of a CBP computer failure...and nobody was allowed off the ship until about 8:45. And my post does not speak to those times when a ship's arrival is delayed (sometimes by several hours) for various reasons including weather and mechanical problems.

So, when asking about the "earliest time" you might want to consider that Noon or later is pretty safe. Otherwise, the earlier the flight...the greater your risk of missing said flight. So one should factor-in a "Plan B" which would include the extra cost if you would miss your early flight. When we fly on SWA (out of FLL) we will take some risk (with an early flight) because SWA does not charge any penalties if you have to change your flight at the last minute (although you will have to pay the then...current fare on the later flight).

So, it just comes down to how big of a gamble do you want to take? We might gamble with as early as a 10am flight.....but we do have TSA pre-check which helps. Without pre-check we would not consider anything earlier then 10:30...

Hank

Security at Miami is usually pretty terrible. Even with Pre-Check, I had to wait 30 minutes just to get through last time I was there. People without it were waiting much longer. This was on a Saturday in February. Who knows what it will be like for you, but it's certainly a consideration I'd make.

I have seen many messages about the flight schedule. Just comment that it is established by aviation companies that one must be at the airport 3 hours earlier on international flights and 2 hours earlier on local flights.

I have seen many messages about the flight schedule. Just comment that it is established by aviation companies that one must be at the airport 3 hours earlier on international flights and 2 hours earlier on local flights.

But your post does not "hold water" when it comes to disembarkation...because there are a couple of other issues. 1. What time will you be able to get off the ship? and 2. Will you be able to quickly get transportation from the port? If one books an 11 am flight out of Miami with the assumption that can be at the airport by 9am (to meet your 2 hour standard)....what do they do if CBP holds all the passengers on the ship until 9:30?

Hank

But your post does not "hold water" when it comes to disembarkation...because there are a couple of other issues. 1. What time will you be able to get off the ship? and 2. Will you be able to quickly get transportation from the port? If one books an 11 am flight out of Miami with the assumption that can be at the airport by 9am (to meet your 2 hour standard)....what do they do if CBP holds all the passengers on the ship until 9:30?

Hank

I only mention when you should be at the airport. It is obvious that there will always be risks of delays when getting off the ship or in the migration and customs or the transfer to the airport, so one must take care to be on time.

Gerardo