Pub lunch

blbailey

The food is just as lousy as the food in England. So if you enjoy that you will love the pub lunch

You're making me laugh. If you think that the pub lunch on Princess is anything like the food in a British pub, then clearly you have never been to real (not tourist) pub in the U.K.

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/restaurants/south-west/thebakersarmspoole

This is what a REAL British pub menu is like!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're making me laugh. If you think that the pub lunch on Princess is anything like the food in a British pub, then clearly you have never been to real (not tourist) pub in the U.K.

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/restaurants/south-west/thebakersarmspoole

This is what a REAL British pub menu is like!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,the Vintage inn is part of a chain across the UK.Just shows that chain venues can be of a very high standard,cheers,Brian. Edited by brian1
spelling

Hi,the Vintage inn is part of a chain across the UK.Just shows that chain venues can be of a very high standard,cheers,Brian.
We have a couple down here in South Wales. The Dragonfly a mile from where I live and the Travelers Rest on top of Caerphilly mountain.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

We have a couple down here in South Wales. The Dragonfly a mile from where I live and the Travelers Rest on top of Caerphilly mountain.

Hi,yes,we have had weekend breaks in a few in various parts of UK.They buy genuine old pubs and do them up to a high standard keeping the old charm,Not 1 is the same,cheers,Brian.

And The Deri in Rhiwbina, although that's a bit rubbishy!

• 3 months later...

Summary for people new to the thread: Pub lunch offered free of charge on some sea days, two menus, likely queue if you arrive at opening, mixed reviews.

My questions:

1. Is there any way of finding out which menu will be offered the first time they have the pub lunch on a cruise (if it's posted outside what time will this be)?

2. Do they keep the skin on the fish (typical in the South of England)?

Summary for people new to the thread: Pub lunch offered free of charge on some sea days, two menus, likely queue if you arrive at opening, mixed reviews.

My questions:

1. Is there any way of finding out which menu will be offered the first time they have the pub lunch on a cruise (if it's posted outside what time will this be)?

2. Do they keep the skin on the fish (typical in the South of England)?

No skin on fish, and it's more like 2 large fish fingers than a proper fish fillet what we get in the UK.

I appreciate the fact that Princess offers a pub lunch.

It is a nice change and the offerings might not be gourmet but I really don't care.

Guess if I was a gourmet, I'd be on Crystal or Seabourn.

But then, when in London we took our three kids to the Sherlock Holmes Pub and had a great time!

Cheers!

It is a nice change and the offerings might not be gourmet but I really don't care.

But then, when in London we took our three kids to the Sherlock Holmes Pub and had a great time!

Cheers!

Totally agree, sometimes just want something basic.

Cheers!

Try Poppies in London for fish and chips. It was pretty delicious!