Pub lunch

blbailey

I thought mushy peas were a northern thing, same as curry sauce and chips. And the pub lunch peas were not proper marrowfat peas ( I had to eat tins of those as a kid)
Probably are, and every chippy I went/go in in the north sell them both. I'm originally from Lancashire. Now live in South Wales and we have both down here as well.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

If you mention spotted dick to a crew member, you might get sent to either deck 14 (Horizon Court) or deck 4 (Medical Center).
Don't worry most people in UK still make that joke, even into adulthood.

British baked beans taste different to US baked beans.

Absolutely, they have got to be Heinz beans. I buy them by the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do most people in the UK like curry? It seems so from the ones I see eating on the ship. :confused:
YES, it's now overtaken fish n'chips as our favourite dish. Every city, town & village has an Indian restaurant/takeaway.

Is the Pub lunch (Irish meal) available on the Grand? It was on the Regal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had it on the Regal as well. Absolutely fantastic Fish & Chips. I think any British pax would have enjoyed it immensely.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who liked the mushy peas. The last couple of times I have had fish and chips at the Pub Lunch that was the best thing on the plate.

I always ask for "double" on the Mushy peas. I love them, too.

As the pub lunch gets so busy at times, my wife and I usually opt to share a table in order to get served quicker. We ended up at a table where our table guests thought that the mushy pea dish was mashed avocado. Were they in for a shock when they got round to tasting them:D.

That said, although we always make a point of visiting the pub lunch on the sea days when it is offered (and washed down with a few Boddington's for me and a strongbow cider for my wife) it in no way makes up for proper fish and chips from the chippies back in the UK. When going over there to see friends and family, we always make a point to have 1 or two fish teas (well perhaps haggis, or black pudding suppers for me) for dinner.

We had it on the Regal as well. Absolutely fantastic Fish & Chips. I think any British pax would have enjoyed it immensely.
We always do pub lunch, but, I wouldn't say I enjoyed it immensely. It was OK at best. The fish you get are more like fish fingers than a proper piece of fish. And the Bread and butter pudding whilst nice, is more like an egg custard with a layer of bread on top.

YES, it's now overtaken fish n'chips as our favourite dish. Every city, town & village has an Indian restaurant/takeaway.

We have over 30 in a 3 mile radius,the same with Chinese.

Hi,here in the deep south of Italy, tripe,cows lungs,heart and spinal cord, half a boiled sheeps head are considered delicacies.Strangely enough I haven't seen them on Sabatinis menu,lol.My point is that every country has,shall we say ,"odd" dishes.The Italians mainly do not eat kidneys.As we love our homemade kate and sydney pies and puddings,we have to give our butcher 5 days notice to ensure they dont get thrown in the bin or whatever they do with them,cheers,Brian.

Is the Pub Lunch on the Caribbean Princess?

And has anyone tried the Steak and Kidney pie? It's one of my favourite dishes and it's unusual here in Canada to find it (and I'm too lazy to make it myself).

thanks.

Hi,yes I've had it on a few Princess ships but not the Caribbean but I think you will find it is a standard product across the fleet.I think it was a high standard and quite tender meat with a fair amount of gravy,cheers,Brian.

And has anyone tried the Steak and Kidney pie? It's one of my favourite dishes and it's unusual here in Canada to find it (and I'm too lazy to make it myself).

thanks.

The steak and kidney pie is a bit of a disappointment. It comes in a tallish ramekin dish and is topped with puff pastry. Break though the pastry layer and you'll find more air than steak and kidney. There was just a smallish layer of filling in the bottom of the dish. :')

The steak and kidney pie is a bit of a disappointment. It comes in a tallish ramekin dish and is topped with puff pastry. Break though the pastry layer and you'll find more air than steak and kidney. There was just a smallish layer of filling in the bottom of the dish. :')

I though it tasted kind of livery, but maybe that's the way it's supposed to taste. Anyway the pies at the IC are tasty.

Thank you for the heads up.

The food is just as lousy as the food in England. So if you enjoy that you will love the pub lunch

That's a bit rude. How can you say the food in England is lousy? Can i ask where you've eaten lousy food in England?

thanks.

The IC also have the Steak and Kidney pie.

That's a bit rude. How can you say the food in England is lousy? Can i ask where you've eaten lousy food in England?
Ignore him, he only seems to pop up when British food is mentioned, then precedes to slag it off.