Is The Website Working Better Yet ??

curtdesilets

We need to put our passport info etc in for our upcoming September Cruise. I was sort of waiting for things to get better. Will I have any problems?

It’s almost certain that you will see at least some issues but it’s gotten betterish enough for me to actually use it for those basic tasks and I wouldn’t hold my breath for a better experience any time soon.

Website is horrendous! Tried to pay the balance of our upcoming cruise this morning and after numerous failed attempts had to call and pay over the phone. The advisor told me that there were major ongoing issues with the website, a lot of work had been done but a lot more to do and to be frank I would be better calling them to book and pay for any extras, excursions etc. I was able to complete the online check in and print Xpress passes without any difficulty.

NO!!! I tried to do on-line check in for my September cruise. Of course the X site doesn't have the reservation. I tried to put the information in...only to get a message saying "Invalid Booking ID Specified for Search." So I called the Captain's Club # and have been on hold for 20 minutes. I will have to hang up soon!

NO!!!!! I have 3 reservations and only one is right(Fingers crossed it stays that way). One been saying for days now( UNDEFINED DAYS FOR UNDEFINED #??? I,m about to call and cancel them all and take my business elsewhere. No reason for a website to be THAT screwed up for days now.SMDH

I am able to view all my reservations, check order history, explore and book things for our upcoming cruise through the cruise planner. I haven't tried to do online check-in and I never make final payment on-line. So for us it is much better than a couple of weeks ago.

Its a disaster. I wanted to go into my cruise summary to see if my dining preference was still wait listed. Clicked every where and each time I then had to log back in and click on check in. I finally found if I clicked on obtain luggage tags that took me in to "My Cruise Summary"

Don't know where OP is but here in the UK website is still decidedly 'iffy'. Whilst we start out on .co.uk it changes to .com. both sites troublesome. That said I did manage to book 1 excursion...eventually !

Don't know where OP is but here in the UK website is still decidedly 'iffy'. Whilst we start out on .co.uk it changes to .com. both sites troublesome. That said I did manage to book 1 excursion...eventually !

I would be better calling them to book and pay for any extras, excursions etc.
I wanted to research excursions.

I logged in and when I clicked on to excursions I was taken to a general area where they were advertising Jamacia ( we are going to the Baltic)

I had to log in a total of x3 and then was told there was a problem and to check back in 20 minutes.

Eventually I used my iPad which was better than my Windows Lap Top.

Hopefully things will be better at the beginning of next year when I MAY be booking an excursion in St Petersburg.

Edited by upwarduk

I can see my reservations online, two ships two different situations in the web. Eclipse was made when old site was online and Silhouette with the new site. Now Eclipse does not show the purchase history, cruise planner only displays port schedule no shore excursions. Silhouette until know only use to verify my reservation is online and add the anniversary date this can't be done on Eclipse reservation.

We need to put our passport info etc in for our upcoming September Cruise. I was sort of waiting for things to get better. Will I have any problems?

Nothing is certain but death and taxes, but I would count on problems and at least one phone call. Our On Line Check In opens next month and with the current state of things, I'm dreading it. IT management told me in a conversation last week that the site should be fully operational by Aug 15th. They also told me May, June and July so I'm not betting on it. Currently our Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale is showing me 3 shore excursions I may be interested in taking, one in San Diego and La Jolla, California with airport drop of, one to Santa Monica, Malibu and Beverly Hills with airport drop off and one to scenic Astoria. WRONG COAST PEOPLE!!!!!!! Anyway, eventually we'll get checked in either with or without their help and once we're on board the cruise will be wonderful.

Nothing is certain but death and taxes, but I would count on problems and at least one phone call. Our On Line Check In opens next month and with the current state of things, I'm dreading it. IT management told me in a conversation last week that the site should be fully operational by Aug 15th. They also told me May, June and July so I'm not betting on it. Currently our Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale is showing me 3 shore excursions I may be interested in taking, one in San Diego and La Jolla, California with airport drop of, one to Santa Monica, Malibu and Beverly Hills with airport drop off and one to scenic Astoria. WRONG COAST PEOPLE!!!!!!! Anyway, eventually we'll get checked in either with or without their help and once we're on board the cruise will be wonderful.

Those excursions are just generic examples of excursions. There should be a box to the right that says see all Caribbean excursions or something like that.

I've been thinking of booking a cruise on Reflection in November, but I am really dreading going through all this.

Are any of you sorry you've booked at all, and if you had it to do over, you would not?

I was able to put in our passport numbers and passenger info a few weeks ago without any problem, and do the on-line check in thing. If you haven't logged into the new site yet, it has some "gotchas" that can confuse you.

1. Log in using the link at the top right that says "SIGN UP/LOG IN". At first you will think nothing's happened because the screen doesn't give any indication you are logged in EXCEPT that "WELCOME <<first name>>" will now appear at the top right instead of the "SIGN UP/LOG IN" l
  2. They hide the menus. Click on the "WELCOME <<first name>>" link and then click "My Reservations"
  3. Your reservations will be listed, but you may have to scroll down a bit to see them. Again, there's no indication you have changed pages at least some of the time. Click the big blue "CHECK IN" button next to your reservation.
  4. The screen will change and you won't see the large images, and it will look more like the old website. You can complete the process from this screen easily.

Here are some other general warnings about nearly all new websites.

1. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON IN YOUR BROWSER. The website doesn't seem to like this behavior and you may be logged out.
  2. If you get a "log in box" on the screen double check to see if "WELCOME <<first name>>" still appears at the top right. If it does, just click your name again up there and navigate somewhere. You can click "MY RESERVATIONS" to get back to that page. If you use the log in box while still logged in it causes issues.

Many of the the things people think are "broken" are new ways of doing things, and in a year we will all be doing them that way. Websites are taking on the attributes of mobile devices because over half of all web visits are from them now, and the transition is going to be painful.

I've been thinking of booking a cruise on Reflection in November, but I am really dreading going through all this.

Are any of you sorry you've booked at all, and if you had it to do over, you would not?

I absolutely can't stand the slow, step-ridden, laggy new site that is full of missing and/or erroneous information. That being said, I know that once the hurdles are jumped and I'm aboard Reflection in November I will love the cruise as I have all my others. I may not book another Celebrity until the site gets fixed however if I do it will be through the TA we use most often for cruises. Since they do a LARGE volume of bookings with X, I will have recourse when I hit a SNAFU!

Nope. I booked a cruise, not a website.

I absolutely can't stand the slow, step-ridden, laggy new site that is full of missing and/or erroneous information. That being said, I know that once the hurdles are jumped and I'm aboard Reflection in November I will love the cruise as I have all my others. I may not book another Celebrity until the site gets fixed however if I do it will be through the TA we use most often for cruises. Since they do a LARGE volume of bookings with X, I will have recourse when I hit a SNAFU!

Actually, yours is the cruise I'm considering.:cool:

I was able to put in our passport numbers and passenger info a few weeks ago without any problem, and do the on-line check in thing. If you haven't logged into the new site yet, it has some "gotchas" that can confuse you.

1. Log in using the link at the top right that says "SIGN UP/LOG IN". At first you will think nothing's happened because the screen doesn't give any indication you are logged in EXCEPT that "WELCOME <<first name>>" will now appear at the top right instead of the "SIGN UP/LOG IN" l
  2. They hide the menus. Click on the "WELCOME <<first name>>" link and then click "My Reservations"
  3. Your reservations will be listed, but you may have to scroll down a bit to see them. Again, there's no indication you have changed pages at least some of the time. Click the big blue "CHECK IN" button next to your reservation.
  4. The screen will change and you won't see the large images, and it will look more like the old website. You can complete the process from this screen easily.

1. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON IN YOUR BROWSER. The website doesn't seem to like this behavior and you may be logged out.
  2. If you get a "log in box" on the screen double check to see if "WELCOME <<first name>>" still appears at the top right. If it does, just click your name again up there and navigate somewhere. You can click "MY RESERVATIONS" to get back to that page. If you use the log in box while still logged in it causes issues.

Many of the the things people think are "broken" are new ways of doing things, and in a year we will all be doing them that way. Websites are taking on the attributes of mobile devices because over half of all web visits are from them now, and the transition is going to be painful.

Thanks. I will give it a go! - OP

Too much hassle for me.. Much .easier to call and do business with a rep...

After yesterday's problems (#10) I went on to the Celebrity UK's FB site, where plenty of people are complaining about the web site. A rep from Celebrity is answering most people, saying they are aware of the problems and working on it.