Alcohol Bever Package Prices Just had Major Increase in Cost per Celebrity website!

Cruisegoer

I think I have this figured out. I don't drink at all, just the occasional diet coke for me, DW MIGHT have a vodka and cran a few times during a cruise and a few Al Bachio coffees on sea days so we realized that a beverage package was not a good perk for us so to make up for all of the money they were making when we took that perk and did not really use it, they are upping the price for everyone else.....And now we both Elite so we will gets some free drinks and some free internet so yep, they need to make up the money we are going to cost them. Must be the reason. Sorry folks.

On our cruise planner the Premium is showing $56.88 /day and the Classic $48.13 these are Canadian dollars

I guess it depends on the ship / itinerary. For us, the Premium is $65 and the Classic is $55, in Canadian dollars.

I just called Celebrity. When you call, the old - lower - prices are given. I recommend calling to buy these instead of trusting the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the tip. Did you happen to mention what the web prices were now showing??

I am also seeing a pretty significant price increase just since yesterday on beverage packages, internet, and shore excursions, for our September 2017 Equinox cruise! Fortunately, I think I have purchased everything I need.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess it depends on the ship / itinerary. For us, the Premium is $65 and the Classic is $55, in Canadian dollars.

So our challenge is to figure out how to purchase our drink packages in canadian dollars...since it is roughly a 20% discount from the US prices.

I just called Celebrity this morning about the packages and while the woman was unaware of any increases all the prices she had was in the new higher rates for my Equinox sailing on the 6th. Sounds like you got lucky last night MissThesea

I've been contemplating buying a beverage package and today when I went to my cruise planner I noticed prices have increased SIGNIFICANTLY! With a 10% discount it's now at $73.13 per day for the Premium package and $61.88/day for the Classic, the Premium Non-Alcohol package also jumped from $21/day to $27.50!!!

It's now over $600pp to buy a Premium Beverage package for a 7 day cruise!

Unlimited Soda is now $11.25/day!

Have you booked already? I'm not saying you should go with a TA, but I have found they tend to offer better deals, especially around the holidays. I looked online at the C website and a 10 day in may 2018 is $3770 with comp drinks included. In july, I went with my TA and got the same cruise for $3445 with comp drinks. BUT, I got my grats paid ($270) holiday discount, 4 july ($100) OBC balcony ($300) and loyalty cash ($50) for a total of $720. I figure I got the deal for $1045 less than the online site. Since we are retired, we book way ahead to find the best deals. I know that not everyone can do this.

Have you booked already? I'm not saying you should go with a TA, but I have found they tend to offer better deals, especially around the holidays. I looked online at the C website and a 10 day in may 2018 is $3770 with comp drinks included. In july, I went with my TA and got the same cruise for $3445 with comp drinks. BUT, I got my grats paid ($270) holiday discount, 4 july ($100) OBC balcony ($300) and loyalty cash ($50) for a total of $720. I figure I got the deal for $1045 less than the online site. Since we are retired, we book way ahead to find the best deals. I know that not everyone can do this.

Most TA's unless they are large volume have no control of perk pricing, it's dependent on what Celebrity is offering to its TA's. Recently Celebrity has been offering free perks but I booked last minute with no perk but could have bought a drink package separately thru Celeb website but I've confirmed with 2 Celebrity agents on the phone this morning Bev package proving has gone up. They were unaware of before I called and asked, Celeb hadn't even given them any notification.

Thanks for the tip. Did you happen to mention what the web prices were now showing??

I did mention that prices seemed higher online. Maybe I shouldn't have! Unfortunately I was waiting until today to book, and it sounds like maybe the call center is now booking at the higher prices too.

I don't know why people don't use TAs for Celebrity. The higher volume ones book enough cabins to get group rates and pass on savings to passengers. Groups also get additional perks. For my Alaska next year, we took two 2Bs and saved over $600 per cabin and got an extra perk with each. For us, that's $300 + Classic Beverage. For our 20 & 18 year old, it's $300 + WIFI. Add that to $150 per cabin for onboard booking, and we're very good. I had an online TA for Princess as well, but her deals fall short of our Celebrity guy.

Is there a price you would consider NOT buying the drink packages? Assuming they don't continue to raise individual drink prices.

Well you are a pretty serious drinker if your bar bill is over $600 for the week and that is what the premium alcohol package now costs. You also have to drink ALOT of soda for an $11+ per day fee or a lot of specialty coffee and soda and water for a $227 premium N/A package.

Just checked my cruise planners again for our bookings from this October thru March, 2019 and the prices are still $55+ & $65+.

We only have 1 cruise without the package & I'm not ready to commit to a purchased beverage package for that cruise at this time.

I got curious and I checked - on the Equinox on 86 it says save 10% and is 58.0 per day. On the Reflection on 91 it's 52.00 and save 20%.

Of course, on both I can opt to buy the Mount Saint Helen's excursion out of Astoria. Not quite sure how they'd get me there from San Juan (August) or Naples (September).

one more data point ...

Depending upon where the website is situated the costs of drinks packages are priced in local dollars. With international currency fluctuations being so volatile these days sometimes the rates are in your favour sometimes they aren't. X don't change the rates on the websites too often. We purchased some OBC on our recent cruise because the NZD to USD rate on the website was far better than I could get from the bank. Its changed around somewhat over recent days

It's a shame CC doesn't allow TA recommendations or discussions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the current policy is great. General discussions are allowed. Check and see what extras your TA is willing to throw in. See if there is a group booking which works with your schedule.

Specific discussions and recommendations of TAs would result in large amounts of spam postings. Would also undercut TAs which pay (advertise) to support this site.

I just checked my cruise for October - although we already have Classic package included. It shows a 30% discount. $45.50 for the Premium and $38.50 for the Classic. Maybe it all depends on the specific cruise you're taking?