Divina Hints

agnesd

Looking for hints about navigating the decks. We are old and looking to prepare ahead of time since we are slow on the uptake.

What decks can't you cross through?

What elevators are the quickest?

What was annoying about getting around!

And any other hint you would love to know before you go!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking for hints about navigating the decks. We are old and looking to prepare ahead of time since we are slow on the uptake.

I have a detailed list of hints and tips here-

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/07/ten-tips-and-truths-about-msc-divina.html

I will be back on the Divina in OCT and will review our week long cruise too! :) Please like my FB page too for updates- https://www.facebook.com/The-Cheerful-Cruiser-1713812358872821/

I have a detailed list of hints and tips here-

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/07/ten-tips-and-truths-about-msc-divina.html

I will be back on the Divina in OCT and will review our week long cruise too! :) Please like my FB page too for updates- https://www.facebook.com/The-Cheerful-Cruiser-1713812358872821/

Thanks!

You absolutely can not get aft to bow on deck 6. And watch out for mirrors . They are deceiving ! I walked into at least 4! We did not find any elevator to be faster , but they did bypass our floor several times which was frustrating ! Also 2 of the aft elevators were broken down the last 4 days of our cruise . Also quite frustrating !

As you know the buffet on any ship is really busy Day of Embarkation. After you have your food keep walking to the back of the ship (still in the buffet area) and you will find a lot of empty seating as no one has yet discovered so "keep walking." There are also beverage stations back there so you can get your water once you set your tray down. Another option on Day of Embarkation for lunch is to go to the Sports Bar which offers complimentary food at that time and few people know about it.

Plenty of elevators and deck 7 goes all the way thru.

It took me a while to figure out the layout of this ship for some reason, lol. There are 4 sets of elevator banks (I guess I am used to only 3 on ships), plus another single elevator forward of the aft elevators.

The aft elevators take you into the back part of the buffet which was nice because the front part of the buffet was always crazy.

At the very aft of the ship there is an open deck area on both the port and starboard side with a staircase that leads up into the very back of the buffet.

There is a drink station in the very aft of the buffet that I didn't realize was there until the last couple of days of the cruise.

They're tricky to find on the deck plans. They're not specifically indicated on the cabin decks, but are included in the main elevator diagram. On the port side of deck 13 the entrance is opposite cabin 13127 and on starboard, 13128. You'll see the entrances to the main elevators are opposite cabins 13119 and 13120.

My go-to place on the deck plans is deck 6, find La Caramella store, port side. Just to right, you'll find the elevator marked.

Deck 7 goes all the way through, but interior has pinch points especially in evening through Golden Jazz bar. Deck 7 also has exterior decks so you can bypass the crowd.

If you like omelettes for breakfast at the buffet, theya re on the pool deck. Takes a few days for people to find them.

First day lunch in buffet all the way at the back they have the best/most expensive cheese served there, rare to see again.

Deck 15 down to 7 there are exterior staircases both sides at the aft. Also good look out points off back of buffet here.

Pool deck is super slick, especially in humid nights, and hot during day. Proper footwear an absolute must.

Look out for a 1 showing only opera performance; usually a sea day afternoon.

In addition to the secret elevators, do take note of the main bank of elevators; 4 elevators; the inner 2 go the furthest; deck 5 to 17; the outboard ones do not go as far.

Deck 16 has additional hot tubs and quiet areas behind the sports court.

Deck 7 goes all the way through, but interior has pinch points especially in evening through Golden Jazz bar. Deck 7 also has exterior decks so you can bypass the crowd.

If you like omelettes for breakfast at the buffet, theya re on the pool deck. Takes a few days for people to find them.

First day lunch in buffet all the way at the back they have the best/most expensive cheese served there, rare to see again.

Deck 15 down to 7 there are exterior staircases both sides at the aft. Also good look out points off back of buffet here.

Pool deck is super slick, especially in humid nights, and hot during day. Proper footwear an absolute must.

Look out for a 1 showing only opera performance; usually a sea day afternoon.

In addition to the secret elevators, do take note of the main bank of elevators; 4 elevators; the inner 2 go the furthest; deck 5 to 17; the outboard ones do not go as far.

Deck 16 has additional hot tubs and quiet areas behind the sports court.

Hi

Is the opera a "live" performance or a screening?

They're tricky to find on the deck plans. They're not specifically indicated on the cabin decks, but are included in the main elevator diagram. On the port side of deck 13 the entrance is opposite cabin 13127 and on starboard, 13128. You'll see the entrances to the main elevators are opposite cabins 13119 and 13120.

My go-to place on the deck plans is deck 6, find La Caramella store, port side. Just to right, you'll find the elevator marked.

Thanks - that helps.

Thanks - that helps.

You're welcome! :)

I don't know if you already have the technical sheet. Here's a link:

http://www.mscpressarea.com/media/corporate-informationitems/attachments/msc-divina-technical-sheet.pdf

The decks are set out side by side so you can follow the elevator shaft up the decks to see which cabins are closest on each deck. We take note of the cabin number nearest the entrance to those elevators on our cabin deck and, even if they're not the nearest, we use them as we find they're the least busy of all the elevators.

-The buffet has an Ethnic Corner which is only one station in the back of the buffet (right beside the Kids Corner). So another reason to go to the very back of the buffet area besides going to the back to find seating and an uncrowded beverage station. I don't know what cuisine is served each day but each day is dedicated for a particular cuisine. Embarkation day (Saturday) seems Indian food.

-If you don't want the regular food that is served in MDR but prefer a certain cuisine, eg. Indian or Chinese, you can make arrangements to have this special meal delivered to your table every night (for free). Just have to speak to the Maitre D' at the beginning of the cruise to arrange it. One of the people in my group had the Indian food every night. The portions were quite generous and delicious! The only catch is you don't know what's on the menu until they bring it. You can still order off the regular menu too.

-I haven't tried out the showers in the Spa area yet but I've heard they are better than the ones in the room.

-It's cheaper to buy drink vouchers before the cruise as you don't pay the 15% taxes/tips. Some have issues with this though as they think it's taking away from the bartenders tips.

-Spa treatments are heavily discounted on port days. It's great having a massage after coming back from a shore excursion.

-The Villa Rossa is in a location of Deck 6 that is difficult to get to. It helps knowing how to get to this restaurant ahead of time if that is what you are assigned as MDR. I stayed in 13205 so the elevators near it took us directly to the front of the restaurant.

Edited by ButterAvenue