All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

3 hours ago, wwjd1947 said:

We have been able to play games in the My Time Dining room on sea days.  Usually the time posted is 2 pm to 4 pm.  We were on the Jewel last February and I remember playing cards in the room off the Windjammer in the afternoons.

Last week there was a card room near the 4 the floor MDR entrance that was available pretty much all day for card playing or games. 

3 minutes ago, creaghadoos said:

does entry to the shows in the theatre have to be prebooked. i don't see any shows available in the entertainment section of the cruise planner??

we are on jewel 20th may, for 9 nights 

No pre-cruise show reservations for Jewel.

9 minutes ago, creaghadoos said:

please tell me its not just a race and fight for seats or can shows be booked at all

There are no show reservations at all on Jewel.  All shows are first come, first served.  The show venues open way before the show, so you can easily get there early to have a good choice of seats.

If you were on a recent sailing of Jewel and remember the name of the Activity Manager, please let me know who it was.

If you are going on Jewel in the next few weeks, I would appreciate hearing from you who the Activity Manager is on your sailing.  

Thanks, I keep a thread on Cruise Critic with this information and the best way to get it is from cruisers.

Thanks again.

On 3/10/2019 at 1:17 PM, Paulette3028 said:

If you were on a recent sailing of Jewel and remember the name of the Activity Manager, please let me know who it was.

If you are going on Jewel in the next few weeks, I would appreciate hearing from you who the Activity Manager is on your sailing.  

Thanks, I keep a thread on Cruise Critic with this information and the best way to get it is from cruisers.

Thanks again.

I posted that on your thread.

• 4 months later...

Can anyone who has sailed on the Jewel give an opinion on how the VOOM internet performed? Was it fairly decent or like a slow death back in the AOL dial up days? 

Also if anyone had a Grand Suite on the Jewel, can you tell me if there was reserved seating in the Coral Theatre for the shows? RC states there is a reserved section just for suite members but I am not sure that is actually across the board for all ships in the RC fleet.

Thanks in advance!

Just now, Jadeeelisa said:

Can anyone who has sailed on the Jewel give an opinion on how the VOOM internet performed? Was it fairly decent or like a slow death back in the AOL dial up days? 

Also if anyone had a Grand Suite on the Jewel, can you tell me if there was reserved seating in the Coral Theatre for the shows? RC states there is a reserved section just for suite members but I am not sure that is actually across the board for all ships in the RC fleet.

Thanks in advance!

The internet was slow for us.  Jewel does not have the more capable O3b service that they newest ships have. 

There is a reserved section in the theater on Jewel for gold colored (suite/PC) SeaPass card holders.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jadeeelisa said:

Thanks in advance!

I have been on the Jewel 3 times. Twice Med sailings and once from Mia. Only place I had internet problems was near outdoor pool deck when I was sitting under the overhang. (But not in all poolside overhang areas...)

We were just on Jewel a few weeks ago in an aft 2BR.  One night, we could not get internet access at all in our suite. The other days/nights, including on the pool deck, it was adequate but not stellar. 

8 hours ago, kccrzr said:

We were just on Jewel a few weeks ago in an aft 2BR.  One night, we could not get internet access at all in our suite. The other days/nights, including on the pool deck, it was adequate but not stellar. 

Since you recently were on Jewel, perhaps you can remember who the Activity Manager on board was?  Is so please let me know and what date the sailing was.  I appreciate it since I try to keep as up to date as possible a list of the Activity Managers on Cruise Critic.   Thanks.

31 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

Since you recently were on Jewel, perhaps you can remember who the Activity Manager on board was?  Is so please let me know and what date the sailing was.  I appreciate it since I try to keep as up to date as possible a list of the Activity Managers on Cruise Critic.   Thanks.

Cruise Director was Simona and the Activity Manager was Luana (7 - 14 sailing)    (Looking at the Cruise Compass)

I have heard mixed reviews on the Entertainment offered on Jewel of the Seas.   On our sailing (July 7-14), there were a couple of great shows..... Tango Buenos Aires and Barricade Boys

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 7:04 PM, Jadeeelisa said:

Was in a JS on Jewel and had the alcohol plus VOOM package.  Internet speeds were absolutely amazing - everywhere on the ship.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

What speeds were able to obtain?

I never actually checked the speeds as I never had any problems loading anything.  No video buffering ever. I was really surprised to have that after what was said on CC.

53 minutes ago, MsYukon said:

I never actually checked the speeds as I never had any problems loading anything.  No video buffering ever. I was really surprised to have that after what was said on CC.

The reason I asked internet was awful this past May.

9 minutes ago, csr10236 said:

Hello, fellow cruisers. Does the jewel have laundry facilities?

TIA

Dina

No Royal ship has guest laundry or ironing facilities, nor do they lend irons to guests.