How does Royal Caribbean stay in business

Longtime Royal cruiser here. No matter what browser (IE, Google, Firefox) I use, I get tripped up somehow when I try to access their website on my netbook. I end up giving up and heading into the other room to use my old "tower". It's been very frustrating.

I like to browse and see what's out there. You can book over the phone to be sure. That's not an issue. It's nice, though, knowing what you want to be book. I also like to browse and check cabin locations to know if I like to make a change on an existing booking.

By the way, not all of us like to use a travel agent. Granted I have only done so once, but I had all sorts of difficulties - enough to keep me from wanting to try again. I do know that most of you have positive experiences.

Even when I go "incognito" I still can not pull up higher level suites.

ie The website shows RL/OL/SL available on Oasis class, but when you select it it gives me an error message saying the stateroom is not available and to choose a different selection. I try on various dates and ships to no avail. There is always an error message. I can see it on my ta site but not on Royals. I like to book on royals and transfer it to a TA because the TA charges 25.00 for price drops and I want to have a little cushion especially with all the sales changing constantly.

If I'm spending 15 grand on a Star suite, I'd just as soon speak with a real person

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

For those having issues with Safari there are two ways that I have been able to easily access Roya,s site to make bookings.

1. Use the private browsing mode (click on what looks like one page in front of smother ostensibly in the top right corner.

2. Delete website history for only Royal Caribbean (a few more steps but it's better that deleting all your data for all sires)

My ipad is Safari and I get the same thing, have for weeks if not longer. I just use my laptop when looking at their website. I do run into the same thing on a few other sites also.

It is frustrating, I certainly agree. 😡

I use my iPad and I have to clear the cookies and history at least once a week to get past the blank screen. Sometimes I can just clear the current day and it starts working.

I hope RC spends some of their profits on a more user friendly website.

I've been trying for over 30 minutes to research and plan a new cruise.

No matter what link I click on (find a cruise or book now or search by ship) on RC website the page comes up blank. I even signed in thinking that would help but it didn't.

It's so frustrating using their website.

My browser is Safari, I don't seem to have any issues with other websites.

For now I just give up.

I've sailed on five or six cruise lines in the last two years and RCL/Celeb have the most hilariously terrible websites of them all.

The company obviously doesn't need a good website to fill ships and they don't care enough to fix it. That kind of attitude has to come from the top down.

I hope RC spends some of their profits on a more user friendly website.

I've been trying for over 30 minutes to research and plan a new cruise.

No matter what link I click on (find a cruise or book now or search by ship) on RC website the page comes up blank. I even signed in thinking that would help but it didn't.

It's so frustrating using their website.

My browser is Safari, I don't seem to have any issues with other websites.

For now I just give up.

How do they stay in business? VERY Profitably. Their shareholders are very happy. However, you'd think they could get their IT issues resolved......

Have you booked many Star Class suites?

None actually. For me, the amount being spent doesn't matter, it's the being on the phone. I'll always take an online option over making a call. Unless, of course, the online option keeps kicking you out. Which was the case when I tried to book 4 cabins together for the first leg of our B2B next summer. Website glitches made it impossible, so a call was unavoidable.

Oh well, we all have our burdens to bear. Lol

None actually. For me, the amount being spent doesn't matter, it's the being on the phone. I'll always take an online option over making a call. Unless, of course, the online option keeps kicking you out. Which was the case when I tried to book 4 cabins together for the first leg of our B2B next summer. Website glitches made it impossible, so a call was unavoidable.

Oh well, we all have our burdens to bear. Lol

See, I've never booked more than two cabins. If I had to, I'd either call my TA, or call Royal. To many variables