Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

I'm anxiously awaiting as our next "big" cruise will be 2019-2020. It always seems I'm ready to book long before the itineraries are released.

For what it's worth, it does seem like the China market is not as strong (or maybe it is over saturated?) as some originally predicted. We sailed on the Majestic Princess (I know, not RCI), this summer in the Med. It was purpose built specifically for the Asian market and debuted this spring with about 6 Med cruises before heading to China. Right before we left in May, 3 weeks after the ship was released from the shipyard, they already were moving itineraries for next year from China to Australia. That might give RCI pause for how many ships they have in the market for 2019-2020? Or potentially Princess is losing out and RCI is gaining ground. Who knows, I guess we'll find out for sure in about 6-7 months.

True point.

So what will happen to Voyager and Quantum if this trend continues.

According to a RCI facebook page, Voyager is scheduled to leave China/Far East by spring 2019, and she is due to be sent to Europe: https://www.facebook.com/Amazing-pictures-of-ships-from-Royal-Caribbean-International-1833067656910301/?hc_ref=ARTR6KTNTEnVaxi9v0h6HTHxIE1WE7-3zXfGBbEmVSrJsKwYX5-WG3t53k9nnFa6fBc&fref=nf

That very well leeds to the fact that Spectrum is going to get to Far East, including China.

Of course that became clear when the ships name was announced, but the transition of Voyager from China to Europe emphazises this point again.

• 2 weeks later...
Any idea what Navigator is doing January 2019? Was leaning towards February for the 9-night ABC but noticed that no cruises are scheduled in January. I didn't see anything about a dry dock.

Could very well be dry dock. Last dry dock for Navigator was Feb 2014, so Jan 2019 would almost be the 5-year mark.

I'm not bothered by what sails out of Southampton but please give us a decent sized ship in the med doing at least 10 night sailings. Seven nights out of Rome or Barcelona isn't work the journey when you're travelling with kids.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do a back to back with different itineraries.

Could very well be dry dock. Last dry dock for Navigator was Feb 2014, so Jan 2019 would almost be the 5-year mark.

Makes sense. Probably one of those 3 week ones. I think she finishes up a cruise the first week and then has one right on Feb 1st. Definitely would lean towards the 15th as I don't want any of their work to linger on my sailing.

A number of folks here assumed the same thing for Mariner, yet, she's going to Freeport for her dry dock. If Quantum were staying, using a "local" dry dock might make sense, but since I don't see 3 Quantum class ships in Asia (yet) and Quantum is the most likely to leave, her dry dock could be elsewhere.

Latest rumor is that Mariner will be drydocking in Spain, hence the cancelled 13 day TA 5/7/18.