interesting new perk maybe

LHT28

Just curious

What were your plans before the perk was introduced ??

Do not hold your breath for an email reply from O

Just saying

First of all we don't do laundry on a cruise. HAL has spoiled us in that way as they offer a very inexpensive laundry service ($7/day/pp); although we get it for free now as we are 4 star.

In answer to your question, though, without the 3 bags of laundry perk, we would have to bring a lot more clothes on longer cruises. I would basically cycle my polo shirts 3 times on a long cruise unless they were unwearable and bring enough pants to avoid laundering. With the DW she will cycle twice before putting them into the laundry. So the only real cost would be laundering underwear (which we don't cycle) and those articles that had been worn two or three times. We estimated that a bag of laundry for us every 4-5 days would run between $100-125.

With the 3 bags of laundry perk plus the 20 pieces for $25 special every once in awhile, we can bring a lot less clothes on a 24-36 day cruise and not have to spend a small fortune to have them laundered. I believe a polo shirt is around $6 to launder.

See I would do laundry rather spend $100 to send it out every few days & wash the unmentionables by hand in the cabin but I understand people that are on vacation & do not want to spend time doing their laundry

to each their own

I am glad Oceania have laundry rooms unlike some other lines

YMMV

See I would do laundry rather spend $100 to send it out every few days & wash the unmentionables by hand in the cabin but I understand people that are on vacation & do not want to spend time doing their laundry

to each their own

I am glad Oceania have laundry rooms unlike some other lines

YMMV

We were recently on a Crystal B2B cruise and believe it or not we did our own laundry on that 21 day cruise. But since they had such nice laundry rooms and everything was free, we did it on the transition day between the 2 legs. But to be honest we probably would have done a load or two on our longer O cruises, but now that option is no longer an issue with the free laundry perk. BTW the money is not the issue. We just don't like wasting time when we're on a cruise if we don't have to.

On longer cruises, we always do the 20 pieces for $24.95 special. Our next cruise in a couple weeks is in concierge, so looking forward to the free laundry. We don't do laundry on vacation. Well my wife might do a few daintiest, but not otherwise.

On longer cruises, we always do the 20 pieces for $24.95 special. Our next cruise in a couple weeks is in concierge, so looking forward to the free laundry. We don't do laundry on vacation. Well my wife might do a few daintiest, but not otherwise.

Do you by chance remember about how many laundry specials they offer on a longer cruise, say 4-5 weeks? Maybe once per week?

I've been on a 21 day cruise and they offered the special for one day. I've been on a 16 day cruise and it was never offered. Is your 4/5 week cruise a single listed cruise or a combo of several shorter cruises? You might be able to make a guess on service based on that. Several 14-16 day b2b2b and you may never see the offer.

I've been on a 21 day cruise and they offered the special for one day. I've been on a 16 day cruise and it was never offered. Is your 4/5 week cruise a single listed cruise or a combo of several shorter cruises? You might be able to make a guess on service based on that. Several 14-16 day b2b2b and you may never see the offer.

Thanks for your thoughts. One of our GV cruises is 32 days made up of a 12 day and a 20 day. The other one is a 26 day GV made up of a 12 day and a 14 day cruise. So from your experience we may get 1 special on our first GV and that's it. Luckily we're booked in an A category cabin so we'll get plenty of free bags if the perk is per leg, so all is good!

Cool! We like the 3 day window option. That way if we use one of our free bags and then notified about the special, we still have plenty of time to fill up a bag before the special expires. I know this sounds kind of corny to plan laundry with such detail, but for us part of the fun cruising is the planning phase before the cruise, whether it's booking excursions, special dining or just plotting out how many changes of clothes we need to take. :p