interesting new perk maybe

LHT28

Just received oceania brochure and it states as of October 17th new exclusive concierge privileges of 3 bags of laundry free, does not mention any suites above concierge

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sure would be a slap in the face to the bigger suites. Do not understand why they would do that. :(:(:(

Sure would be a slap in the face to the bigger suites. Do not understand why they would do that. :(:(:(

As far as I remember, all perks for concierge are available to all categories above . Top suites get what they get and all perks the cabins below get except for the tiny bathrooms.:eek:

Just received oceania brochure and it states as of October 17th new exclusive concierge privileges of 3 bags of laundry free, does not mention any suites above concierge

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's great news for us as all of the O cruises we have booked so far are in "A" cabins! Now it will be interesting to read the T & C to see how they handle Grand Voyages, by the booking number or by the number of legs included in the GV.

As far as I remember, all perks for concierge are available to all categories above . Top suites get what they get and all perks the cabins below get except for the tiny bathrooms.:eek:

That would make more sense. :):):)

I am hoping this will happen. I don't see anything on the website yet.

Please note..I have been told this is for Concierge only not above..

Jancruz1

My money would be on Jan's info, unless they've changed it since she posted this.

I have a solution from a business case point of view. For the longest time most folks have said here on CC that the "A" concierge cabins (including us) did not offer the value when compared to the "B" cabins when considering the cost difference. Sure, there are some "A" cabin locations you can't get with "B" cabins, but for the most part that is a true statement. Hence the reason why O decided to add the 3 bags of laundry deal to the "A" perk offerings.

Now, to satisfy the suite class folks so they don't feel left out on the 3 bags of laundry perk, especially since no one has been complaining about the cost of the suites, all O has to do is raise the cost approximately $150 pp on the suite cabins which will pay for the new perk. Since they periodically raise room rates anyway, they can just add this extra cost into the base fee and everyone will be happy. Problem solved.

Your right, it's a bad marketing plan on "O"'s part. If they need to push a cabin, price it right. But giving perks to lower cabins and not higher up isn't a good plan. Look at all the comments here and that will tell you how the people feel that are paying for the cruise.

Most cruise lines I am familiar with follow the concept that higher levels of cabins include the amenities of lower level cabins. If this laundry perk is indeed only for Concierge Level, then Oceania is likely to get an earful from PH and above customers. Me included. ;)

I have a solution from a business case point of view. For the longest time most folks have said here on CC that the "A" concierge cabins (including us) did not offer the value when compared to the "B" cabins when considering the cost difference. Sure, there are some "A" cabin locations you can't get with "B" cabins, but for the most part that is a true statement. Hence the reason why O decided to add the 3 bags of laundry deal to the "A" perk offerings.

Now, to satisfy the suite class folks so they don't feel left out on the 3 bags of laundry perk, especially since no one has been complaining about the cost of the suites, all O has to do is raise the cost approximately $150 pp on the suite cabins which will pay for the new perk. Since they periodically raise room rates anyway, they can just add this extra cost into the base fee and everyone will be happy. Problem solved.

Price difference between PH3 and A1 is $1900/pp for my Nautica cruise next year. I would say suite customers are ALREADY paying for these amenities, big time.

maybe by the time the new perk is implemented PH & above will be included

I did not go back further in the thread but I believe someone posted they got the laundry deal added to their PH booking

When they offer the laundry deal it is 20 pieces for $24.95 so a $75 perk

I was thinking I do not think I even pack 20 items pp (excluding socks/underwear ) so it is not something I would worry about anyway

besides I prefer to use the laundry room & do it my way ;)

YMMD

Yep, booked a cruise day before yesterday and I was told it was added to the list of perks as of that morning, for Concierge and above.

Not sure how useful it will be for short cruises, but for our 24 day adventure, it will be welcome.

Our planner at Oceania told me yesterday it is for all cruises starting 2018 for concierge. It is great for us on long cruises to still be able to pack lightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the laundry deal was apparently announced the day I booked our next cruise, and I saw it briefly online in the cruise description. It is on our cruise booking documentation.

Now I don't see it noted anywhere online.

Anyone else?

Our planner at Oceania told me yesterday it is for all cruises starting 2018 for concierge. It is great for us on long cruises to still be able to pack lightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are you saying post #100 is incorrect ?

The perk was listed a month or so ago starting in Oct 2017 then it disappeared off the description for A cabin amenities

So are you saying post #100 is incorrect ?

The perk was listed a month or so ago starting in Oct 2017 then it disappeared off the description for A cabin amenities

Just saw your question and imagine you have an answer by now.

I was talking to her about a different issue and she was saying the new laundry benefit would help us on our two upcoming reservations which are 53 and 30 days.

don't know if this adds anything to the conversation but if you go to "ships" on the website, click on "suites & staterooms", then click on "Concierge level veranda stateroom" it lists the Dining Room room service and 3 bags of laundry free among the privileges.

this is true for the O and R ships I checked.

Perhaps if your TA advocates for you, you PH and above will also get the perk.

Just saw your question and imagine you have an answer by now.

I was talking to her about a different issue and she was saying the new laundry benefit would help us on our two upcoming reservations which are 53 and 30 days.

Just curious, but the length of those 2 cruises suggest they are grand voyages. What did your TA say about them regarding the laundry perk? Are you getting 3 bags per leg or 3 bags for the entire cruise assuming they are both GVs.

Just curious, but the length of those 2 cruises suggest they are grand voyages. What did your TA say about them regarding the laundry perk? Are you getting 3 bags per leg or 3 bags for the entire cruise assuming they are both GVs.

Sorry, I believe she said DH and I would both get three, and about one a week usually works for us on lines we get laundry as a loyalty reward. I did not quiz her but certainly think all your questions are valid.

Sorry, I believe she said DH and I would both get three, and about one a week usually works for us on lines we get laundry as a loyalty reward. I did not quiz her but certainly think all your questions are valid.

That's OK. I know all of the Oceania documentation and the info in brochures so far says 3 bags of laundry per stateroom with a maximum of 20 articles per bag. I know our TA contacted O the other day and their rep said it was per leg. But, I would definitely like to either hear that from other sources or read it somewhere before we start planning. I've sent an email to customer service so hopefully I'll get an official answer from them. We're hoping of course that it would be per leg. :D

But, I would definitely like to either hear that from other sources or read it somewhere before we start planning. I've sent an email to customer service so hopefully I'll get an official answer from them. We're hoping of course that it would be per leg. :D

Just curious

What were your plans before the perk was introduced ??

Do not hold your breath for an email reply from O

Just saying