interesting new perk maybe

LHT28

We just received an updated invoice about the laundry from our travel agent for our July 2018 sailing, but the invoice doesn't mention the new dining perk. Should that be on the revised invoice, too? The invoice also was amended to include the wording "virtuoso voyages" on top of the laundry notice. I know that wasn't there before. Anybody know what this might mean?

Don't think anyone answered your question. Virtuoso is a travel consortium. There may be a Virtuoso block of rooms on your sailing, or perhaps some other sort of incentive that Virtuoso agents are able to pass along to clients. I am not an expert on this, but I THINK that may be what is referred to on your invoice. Did you get what you felt was a "good deal"? ;)

This "new" perk now appears to have been a "limited time offer" perk as I do not see it available anymore.

Where are you looking ?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/regatta/suites-staterooms/concierge-level-veranda-stateroom/

Also still listed on several cruises I checked for Nov - Dec sailings

Where are you looking ?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/regatta/suites-staterooms/concierge-level-veranda-stateroom/

Also still listed on several cruises I checked for Nov - Dec sailings

Ah, I don't think it is so much where I am looking, as it is, from where I am looking. I am now in Stockholm and Oceania's web site is showing my UK offers, hence the difference. When I was on the ship's Wifi, it was showing me US offers.

Ah, I don't think it is so much where I am looking, as it is, from where I am looking. I am now in Stockholm and Oceania's web site is showing my UK offers, hence the difference. When I was on the ship's Wifi, it was showing me US offers.

Interesting

So the UK people do not see the new perk???

Interesting

So the UK people do not see the new perk???

So it appears. But they have a couple offers that I did not see when I was on the ship a couple days ago. One being 3 of the 4 OLife Choice perks (Drink Pkg, OBC, and Unlimited Internet) included on 12 cruises - offer expires Aug 31. And another OLife Choice Plus, the "Plus" being special fares on 29 cruises. Both of these offers are available on a cruise I have booked and the "special" fare is about $1000 less than what I paid and it would come with the Drink Pkg as an additional perk in my case, which ironically wouldn't matter as I don't drink. FWIW, as best I can tell it appears that Oceania's UK fares do not include airfare.

We are on December cruise from Capetown to Capetown. I checked and the laundry package is offered in Concierge. We are in a PH3 so I called my TA. He called his 'O' rep and got the laundry perk added to our booking. He did the same for another PH he has on the sailing. I say at least ask.

Does anyone think the perk should be available to PH and higher as well as Concierge? Right now, it's not.

I just checked, and you are right, it seems to have disappeared.

But I do have it printed out as part of my itinerary, so I suppose it will stick for this little black duck.

So it appears. But they have a couple offers that I did not see when I was on the ship a couple days ago. One being 3 of the 4 OLife Choice perks (Drink Pkg, OBC, and Unlimited Internet) included on 12 cruises - offer expires Aug 31. And another OLife Choice Plus, the "Plus" being special fares on 29 cruises. Both of these offers are available on a cruise I have booked and the "special" fare is about $1000 less than what I paid and it would come with the Drink Pkg as an additional perk in my case, which ironically wouldn't matter as I don't drink. FWIW, as best I can tell it appears that Oceania's UK fares do not include airfare.

I guess it is Regional Differences

I bet there are different perks for those in Australia also

UK website and no sign of any laundry or room service perks on 6 of the cruises stated on this thread.

The Nautica,November 6th, did have a free 3 night land tour or £500 voyage credit per guest or upgrades available from £149 per guest to the Deluxe land collection.

UK website and no sign of any laundry or room service perks on 6 of the cruises stated on this thread.

The Nautica,November 6th, did have a free 3 night land tour or £500 voyage credit per guest or upgrades available from £149 per guest to the Deluxe land collection.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the link to the UK Oceania website? It doesn't seem to want to recognize it when I do a Bing search here in the US where I live.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the link to the UK Oceania website? It doesn't seem to want to recognize it when I do a Bing search here in the US where I live.
Same as in the US, www.oceaniacruises.com but you are directed to the appropriate version of their web site based on the location associated with your IP address; hence when you're in the US or on an Oceania ship you're directed to the US version of their web site, but when you're in Europe you get the UK version of their web site. I would guess those from Australia/NZ get the Australian version. Not sure what Asia would get.

The easiest way to tell is to bring up a cruise via FIND A CRUISE and see what currency is displayed. Also the specials found at the OFFERS link will be different. For example, in addition to the two European specials I mentioned in my previous post, Europe does not have the New England and Alaska Family specials that are available in the US.

Same as in the US, www.oceaniacruises.com but you are directed to the appropriate version of their web site based on the location associated with your IP address; hence when you're in the US or on an Oceania ship you're directed to the US version of their web site, but when you're in Europe you get the UK version of their web site. I would guess those from Australia/NZ get the Australian version. Not sure what Asia would get.

The easiest way to tell is to bring up a cruise via FIND A CRUISE and see what currency is displayed. Also the specials found at the OFFERS link will be different. For example, in addition to the two European specials I mentioned in my previous post, Europe does not have the New England and Alaska Family specials that are available in the US.

Thanks. That explains why I can't see what the UK folks are talking about.

I just noticed the 3 laundry bag perk as well as the MDR menu room service perk has been pulled from all the cruises listed on the US Web site. Hopefully they've just temporarily pulled it until they finalize the policy concerning grand voyages, PHs and all the other unresolved issues their folks are having to field calls about. If they have been pulled permanently, then I'm glad we got the new perks added to our applicable cruises before it disappeared.

Don't think anyone answered your question. Virtuoso is a travel consortium. There may be a Virtuoso block of rooms on your sailing, or perhaps some other sort of incentive that Virtuoso agents are able to pass along to clients. I am not an expert on this, but I THINK that may be what is referred to on your invoice. Did you get what you felt was a "good deal"? ;)

Thanks for responding to my mystery question! My husband was satisfied with the price but it didn't seem to be anything extra special. Now that we know it's on the TA's end rather than the cruise line's end, we'll definitely ask about it next time we chat. Appreciate the info!

I guess too many people were asking for the deal ;)

I could see offering 1 bag on cruises up to 12 days

2 bags on 24 + days etc...

Maybe they are re working the perk to include Concierge & above ..that seems fair to me

Maybe they are re working the perk to include Concierge & above ..that seems fair to me

Yes. Another case of putting something out without thinking everything through. I'm sure they have received a lot of phone calls. I emailed my TA again after I found it on our 2019 cruise and he got it put on there - I guess it was just in the nick of time!

I am also hoping we see a clarification on this perk. I sent an email to my TA as soon as I realized it was out there, asking if it would also apply to the PH we have booked for February. Waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

self serve laundry on the Riviera (last week) was $4 for a wash and dry. detergent free. $$ machine ate two $1 bills and popped out a coin

very nice room, had a love seat and fridge with sodas and water...ironing board and iron....not that i sat and watched the process !! but it was available.

I am also hoping we see a clarification on this perk. I sent an email to my TA as soon as I realized it was out there, asking if it would also apply to the PH we have booked for February. Waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed!

Did the same thing, called my TA about this b/c we are in a PH on Nautica. A day later, she called me and said she was told by Oceania "No". Agree, very bad PR on their part. We are on a 28 day voyage and it would have been nice. This was a week ago.

Bill

I think this is an interesting discussion. In prior threads no one thought the price of an A cabin was worth it unless you wanted a specific room. Finally O realizes this and adds a couple of new perks, to include 3 bags of laundry, that will start in mid October. All is good. Those like us who usually book B cabins are looking at upgrading to A cabins because of those new perks just as O had hoped. But then comes along the PH folks who already get a significant amount of perks and start asking if the perk applies to their cabins even though it's not listed as such on the website.

Now O has pulled the new perks from the A cabins and are having meetings to discuss what they want to do. I don't think it was bad PR on O's part because they just wanted to get more folks to book A cabins and they came up with a combination that seems to be working.

My guess is if the new perks don't get added to the PH cabins, no one is going to not book a PH in the future because they don't think it's worth the extra cost if the new perks aren't included. However, I do know for a fact we will continue to book B cabins if the 3 bags of laundry perk is removed.

• 4 weeks later...