re meat pies

On 6/25/2019 at 7:32 AM, MicCanberra said:

They keep having profits and part of that is not paying as many staff.

And they have the Managers on the checkouts.  The Aldi Highland Earl Black label scotch, 8 yr old is very nice @ $34 a bottle.  The Highland Earl standard scotch is $29, pay the extra 5 bucks for a much improved drop.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

And they have the Managers on the checkouts.  The Aldi Highland Earl Black label scotch, 8 yr old is very nice @ $34 a bottle.  The Highland Earl standard scotch is $29, pay the extra 5 bucks for a much improved drop.

Got some nice wines from there the other day.

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Got some nice wines from there the other day.

Indeed they do, nice wine made specially for Aldi. Lubbly Jubbly.🍷  But I prefer to buy mine on line from First Choice.   However, good news, a Dan Murphy's is going to built in Batemans Bay in the next couple of years.

Who knows, we might get mobile phones and colour tv soon.:classic_laugh:

Back on the topic, have to give these a go when I visit England post cruise next year.  Pork & Black Pudding Pie, perhaps accompanied by a pickled onion and some Branston Pickle, lubbly jubbly.

Pork-Black-Pudding-Pie-300x300.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Indeed they do, nice wine made specially for Aldi. Lubbly Jubbly.🍷  But I prefer to buy mine on line from First Choice.   However, good news, a Dan Murphy's is going to built in Batemans Bay in the next couple of years.

Who knows, we might get mobile phones and colour tv soon.:classic_laugh:

Really, that would mean getting rid of the cans and string.😆

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Back on the topic, have to give these a go when I visit England post cruise next year.  Pork & Black Pudding Pie, perhaps accompanied by a pickled onion and some Branston Pickle, lubbly jubbly.

Pork-Black-Pudding-Pie-300x300.jpg

No thanks, I have had black pudding but prefer it fried.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I have had haggis as well, and may well leave this pie in the warmer unless there was some scotch to go with it.

There would definitely have to be scotch involved.

We had deep fried haggis "bites" in Glasgow. They were delicious. Not what I'd call bites though they were huge.

Just don't ever put ye olde English Pork Pies in the oven, they are eaten cold/room temp.   As for the Haggis pies shown, they look delectable, I saw something similar in Greggs, in Glasgow last year.  They were called Scottish pies. The Jocks were getting into them, big time, HP sauce all over them.

Don't get me started on another Scots delicacy - deep fried Mars Bars.

Edited by NSWP

On 7/4/2019 at 12:20 PM, MicCanberra said:

Just like Fried ice-cream then.

As served in Aussie Chinese Restaurants.  Ice Cream battered then deep fried and smothered in caramel sauce.  Something like that.  You have to eat it real quick for obvious reasons.

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

As served in Aussie Chinese Restaurants.  Ice Cream battered then deep fried and smothered in caramel sauce.  Something like that.  You have to eat it real quick for obvious reasons.

I said don't get me started.

24 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

The old Gutster is struggling a bit, so Mrs Gut is doing pies, mash and mushy peas to try and strengthen him up a bit.

I hope it works, Carlton's win last week must have really taken it out of you.

On 7/6/2019 at 3:16 PM, GUT2407 said:

The old Gutster is struggling a bit, so Mrs Gut is doing pies, mash and mushy peas to try and strengthen him up a bit.

Food of Champions, get well soon old son.  Perhaps a fried Mars Bar or Fried Ice Cream for dessert? 

A Princess Creme Brulee or Love Boat Dream would be better for you.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Food of Champions, get well soon old son.  Perhaps a fried Mars Bar or Fried Ice Cream for dessert? 

A Princess Creme Brulee or Love Boat Dream would be better for you.

Thanks Uncle Les a Pav or some trifle would be betterer even. Just a stupid sneeze attack, triggered some TIAs and a fall or three.