re meat pies

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I must say tha5 one I’ve never used, but have shot plenty where there were more toothpicks and bits of wire than food.

Back in the days before colour TV was an interesting time to do food shoots. Due to the limitations of the TV cameras if you wanted nice white mashed potato on the screen it was light blue on the plate, as an example. This was the time of the fashion police in operation before a show, nobody was allowed to wear checked patterns or stripes as the poor old TV cameras couldn't handle them and sometimes was enough to completely disable a camera.

11 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Back in the days before colour TV was an interesting time to do food shoots. Due to the limitations of the TV cameras if you wanted nice white mashed potato on the screen it was light blue on the plate, as an example. This was the time of the fashion police in operation before a show, nobody was allowed to wear checked patterns or stripes as the poor old TV cameras couldn't handle them and sometimes was enough to completely disable a camera.

I remember black and white TVs but didn't know they were that bad.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I remember black and white TVs but didn't know they were that bad.

They didn't appear 'bad' to the people watching, but there were technical problems that the camera operators had to overcome. I also seem to recall that men couldn't wear pale blue shirts because they could 'disappear'.

44 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

They didn't appear 'bad' to the people watching, but there were technical problems that the camera operators had to overcome. I also seem to recall that men couldn't wear pale blue shirts because they could 'disappear'.

That explains why the Bananas in PJs came out after colour TV.

39 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

There are still some paterns That make the TV go wavy,

Moire effect. Usually from tight stripes. 

Some colours also still disappear, particularly if they are using blue or green screen projections 

15 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Moire effect. Usually from tight stripes. 

Some colours also still disappear, particularly if they are using blue or green screen projections 

Don’t think I’ve seen a blue screen in a loooooong time, Green seems to rule now. Must be some technical reason that I missed out on.

And a quick google search says

Using green instead of blue results in less noise when keying out the footage. Color spill. While the green or blue screens will be removed during editing, some color will “spill” onto the subjects, especially around the edges. This can create a thin line around the person, or make areas like their hairline look odd.

so in effect less cleaning up with green.

Blue screen is still used in some movie work, especially for some action things. A friend of my daughter does video game development and computerised blue screen is used.

Also, some of the stop action stuff done in the sports lab uses blue screen.

Why? I don’t know.

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Blue screen is still used in some movie work, especially for some action things. A friend of my daughter does video game development and computerised blue screen is used.

Why? I don’t know.

My son was developing some platform game landscapes and when I suggested he should make a lake covered in plant life, he looked puzzled. That was until I told him all he needed was some Blue screen Algae.😋

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Why? I don’t know.

I get blue screens regularly.  Bloody Microsoft!

Back on pies, I am very partial to products from Gluten Free Bakery, IGA shops stock them.  I don't like paying $11 for a pack of two, but if I desire a dogs eye without fear of getting crook, then I have to pay the freight, such is life.

primary.jpg

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Back on pies, I am very partial to products from Gluten Free Bakery, IGA shops stock them.  I don't like paying $11 for a pack of two, but if I desire a dogs eye without fear of getting crook, then I have to pay the freight, such is life.

primary.jpg

They look alright.

On 6/19/2019 at 5:40 PM, GUT2407 said:

There are still some paterns That make the TV go wavy,

Or make the viewer's eyes go wavy - like some of Matt Preston's outfits on MasterChef. He wore a suit the other night that looked like it was made out of cruise ship pool towels. The blue and white ones. 🤣

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Or make the viewer's eyes go wavy - like some of Matt Preston's outfits on MasterChef. He wore a suit the other night that looked like it was made out of cruise ship pool towels. The blue and white ones. 🤣

Probably purloined them from a Princess ship, they have the blue and white ones.🤯 So can this Chef Preston make a good pie? 

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That would have cost him $25 USD a towel for not returning them.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

How much do they charge you to buy a towel on Princess?

As far as I know they don't sell them. The famous blue and white striped towels are freely available with no records kept of how many are handed back. I wouldn't bother taking one home, but I am sure there are some end up 'by accident' in some suitcases.

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

As far as I know they don't sell them. The famous blue and white striped towels are freely available with no records kept of how many are handed back. I wouldn't bother taking one home, but I am sure there are some end up 'by accident' in some suitcases.

Won't be long before they start charging for them (if not returned) as well.

Won't be long before they start charging for them (if not returned) as well.

They would have to record every towel that is handed out and then record when they are returned. The question is whether the loss of a few towels is worth the staff time that would be required to keep the records.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

They would have to record every towel that is handed out and then record when they are returned. The question is whether the loss of a few towels is worth the staff time that would be required to keep the records.

Royal do it, there is a couple of pool towels in your room, if they are not there when you leave, you get charged for them unless you have checked them in with the steward or the pool attendant..

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

Probably purloined them from a Princess ship, they have the blue and white ones.🤯 So can this Chef Preston make a good pie? 

He's not a chef, he's a food critic! 😄

A pie would be too mundane for MasterChef, they would have to fancy it up to the point of not being recognisable. 🤣

Royal do it, there is a couple of pool towels in your room, if they are not there when you leave, you get charged for them unless you have checked them in with the steward or the pool attendant..

I don't recall having to check in our towels on Royal in 2015. We did on Carnival though.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ