Switching cruises after final payment - possible?

We are booked on the Anthem for the Nov 4th sailing, but my wife found out her vacation was not approved due her retail store moving up the beginning of Holiday season (we've cruised this same week a few years ago without issue from her work. Policy must have changed). We wanted to know how receptive RCI would be to us changing our cruise date to something earlier if it's even possible. I would imagine there would be a fee, or would have to pay the difference if there's a price difference. I'm ok with that within reason. Has anyone gone through this before?

It can't hurt to call them and ask. That said there was a thread here a couple of days ago from someone that tried and was told that they could not do that without paying the penalties. Come back and let us know how you make out Good luck

I tried this and let me save you a phone call. After final payment, you have to cancel and rebook. And you will lose money. Don't do it. Its silly because Carnival lets you, you get charged $50, but you can switch after final payment.

It's not cut and dry and depends on several factors including the reason that you want to move dates, whether your proposed new date would cost more and seemingly most important is who you get on the phone.

While it is not common there have been reports of people who have been able to do this. For the 5 minutes that it takes I would suggest calling a few times and even asking to speak with someone other than the CSR that answers the phone.

I tried this and let me save you a phone call. After final payment, you have to cancel and rebook. And you will lose money. Don't do it. Its silly because Carnival lets you, you get charged $50, but you can switch after final payment.

Since when does Carnival let you cancel after final payment and only charges you $50pp?

Bill

It's not cut and dry and depends on several factors including the reason that you want to move dates, whether your proposed new date would cost more and seemingly most important is who you get on the phone.

While it is not common there have been reports of people who have been able to do this. For the 5 minutes that it takes I would suggest calling a few times and even asking to speak with someone other than the CSR that answers the phone.

Correct- sometime's it's all in the delivery:)

We are booked on the Anthem for the Nov 4th sailing, but my wife found out her vacation was not approved due her retail store moving up the beginning of Holiday season (we've cruised this same week a few years ago without issue from her work. Policy must have changed). We wanted to know how receptive RCI would be to us changing our cruise date to something earlier if it's even possible. I would imagine there would be a fee, or would have to pay the difference if there's a price difference. I'm ok with that within reason. Has anyone gone through this before?

I just went through this! Working with my TA, it took two days and several RCCL agents to get the result I wanted. Unfortunately, there is no consistency, some agents aren't trained properly, and some just don't want to help you. My TA called Crown and Anchor and gave them permission to talk to me about my reservation. I had ask her to do this because I felt so bad she had spent so many hours on the phone. Once that was done, I spoke with a C&A agent and explained what I needed. He placed me on hold a few times, spoke with his supervisor, and I was able to switch dates for my Anthem cruise with no penalty. Each time you or your TA calls it is recorded on your file. I think once the C&A supervisor saw how many calls were made, he finally granted my wish.

I was able to do this earlier this year. I was booked on the Oasis but found out a week or two before the cruise that there was a big LaLuRoe group on the sailing and had no interest in dealing with that. RCL let me switch to the same week on the Allure no penalty. I kept the same reservation #.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well....I guess it will be a process for me too. I am about 90% sure I have to have surgery that will not be healed enough for me to walk in December on our first B2B. Before anyone says use a wheelchair or something, let me tell you that I am a very active person who will not be happy if I cannot roam a beach and play in the ocean. So....party of 5, two rooms.....I'm following this because I think I'm going to be calling them.

Well....I guess it will be a process for me too. I am about 90% sure I have to have surgery that will not be healed enough for me to walk in December on our first B2B. Before anyone says use a wheelchair or something, let me tell you that I am a very active person who will not be happy if I cannot roam a beach and play in the ocean. So....party of 5, two rooms.....I'm following this because I think I'm going to be calling them.

It does not appear that you are beyond final payment date. If you call now, you should have no problems changing to another cruise without penalty. Good luck with the surgery and with RC.

I was able to do this earlier this year. I was booked on the Oasis but found out a week or two before the cruise that there was a big LaLuRoe group on the sailing and had no interest in dealing with that. RCL let me switch to the same week on the Allure no penalty. I kept the same reservation #.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do you find out if big groups are going?

How do you find out if big groups are going?

No really foolproof way. An internet search using the full name of the ship and the sailing date in different forms sometimes yields results.