Elite & Suites extra mini bar setup question

Mrs.Gosse

Hi. I'm curious if seasoned Elite members could let me know if the extra mini bar setup that you receive for being Elite in a suite, will it already be in your stateroom when you arrive or do you have to contact room service or captains Circle? On our last cruise we had to go to the captain's Circle desk and the woman argued with us about the number of nights and then we told her we would check on that with someone else. A few hours later we got back to our room and we had the extra mini bar setup. Is that how it's always going to be? That was six nights. This is seven nights.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Totally dependent on the ship and the staff. We have had both the suite and Elite setups when we arrived, as well as having to phone room service to have it delivered. There shouldn't be a problem though. I'm guessing that if you would have contacted room service instead of Passenger Services, that they would have known. We have always had it and this included one short cruise.

A missing minibar is usually because room service is overwhelmed, or are out of stock and items have just been delivered to the ship. Once we waited for two days to get our minibar.

One other time we only had one set up and when we asked, they were very nice and provided the following explanation. They said their manager thought on longer cruises that delivering two set ups at once just got in the way. Thus they only delivered one setup at the beginning, and then a few days later delivered the other one. It kind of made sense not having to deal with twenty cans and bottles all at once.

Thanks. I think our room Steward is the one that told us to go to Captain's Circle about the extra set up. That does make sense about the set up coming later on a longer Cruise but they should really leave a note to let you know just to avoid that whole situation. I'm tempted to let them know we don't need any of the sodas if we do have to call down to receive the extra one. My husband drinks about one Sprite a year. We will take the water though! I wish we could trade all of the sodas and Waters in for something.

FWIW........Stewart has nothing to do with it. He/She has enough to do already.

If it's not in the cabin then I would call room service first and if they don't have an order then see the CC host.

I know he has nothing to do with it. We asked him who we should contact. I didn't say we asked him to do it. In the past when we've traded it out we've always called room service to do that but receiving one to me was not the same as trading one out.

On my last couple of cruises, they only had one setup in the room at embarkation. I called Room Service and they provided the second setup with no problem.

They said it was easier that way because many people request trades. By waiting to be called for the second setup, they didn't have to deliver it first and then trade it out. When I called, I told them exactly what I wanted for the second setup. No problem.

It's not useful to talk with Captain's Circle, Passenger Services, or your room steward. Just call Room Service and tell them what you want.

On my last couple of cruises, they only had one setup in the room at embarkation. I called Room Service and they provided the second setup with no problem.

They said it was easier that way because many people request trades. By waiting to be called for the second setup, they didn't have to deliver it first and then trade it out. When I called, I told them exactly what I wanted for the second setup. No problem.

It's not useful to talk with Captain's Circle, Passenger Services, or your room steward. Just call Room Service and tell them what you want.

That makes sense, I would hate to have to do the same job twice if I was room service. And for the record, once again, I did not ask my room Steward to do it. I simply asked him where to go.

As stated in a previous post, it can go both ways. On our first Elite cruise (CB Norway-Iceland T/A 2016) we had to call room service for the second set up. This past May when we did the Panama Canal on the Pacific Princess, both set ups were in the cabin when we boarded.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks.. My husband drinks about one Sprite a year. We will take the water though! I wish we could trade all of the sodas and Waters in for something.

You can trade the mini bar for a bottle of wine or 2 coffee cards per mini bar set up. So since you have 2 mini bars you can trade one or both in.

I did not know that you could have more than one set-up. For a 10 day cruise how many should you expect? And sometimes I travel solo, but pay double as if two passengers were in the cabin, based on paying for two should I have two set-ups to start with?

Thanks.

You can trade the mini bar for a bottle of wine or 2 coffee cards per mini bar set up. So since you have 2 mini bars you can trade one or both in.

I might run it by DH. We trade all the mini bottles in for gin and vodka and then we use the ones we bring home for stocking stuffers or when we travel. But he might be willing to sacrifice the whole set for a bottle of wine at dinner which I inevitably will purchase. I just wish we could trade in all the sodas and water from 2 whole setups for something, doesn't have to be alcoholic. Like a full case of water that we pre-purchased. That would be cool. Oh well. I think it's amazing that this is a perk of a suite and Elite. And I'm thrilled to have even one.

I did not know that you could have more than one set-up. For a 10 day cruise how many should you expect? And sometimes I travel solo, but pay double as if two passengers were in the cabin, based on paying for two should I have two set-ups to start with?

Thanks.

If you are elite and in a suite, you get two setups for each cruise segment, otherwise, if you are elite, you will one setup for each segment. If the segment is 10 days you will get one set up.

I might run it by DH. We trade all the mini bottles in for gin and vodka and then we use the ones we bring home for stocking stuffers or when we travel. But he might be willing to sacrifice the whole set for a bottle of wine at dinner which I inevitably will purchase. I just wish we could trade in all the sodas and water from 2 whole setups for something, doesn't have to be alcoholic. Like a full case of water that we pre-purchased. That would be cool. Oh well. I think it's amazing that this is a perk of a suite and Elite. And I'm thrilled to have even one.

You can also trade in the entire mini bar for just bottled water, which for us is helpful if we are sailing from a port where we cannot easily pick up a case of water to slap a luggage tag on for embarkation. Or two coffee cards per set up, or a bottle of wine per set up. And if you want to keep the booze bottles, you can trade in all the sodas for water if you wish.