RCI put their sales staff after me

datolim

I wanted to add 3 pax to my solo booking so I email them just before the weekend. Got a phone call from their sales staff on Sunday night. Suggest I put 1 pax in my room. Had to pay same amount again as my original booking. Not good. So I suggest booking another cabin for 3. Cheapest is inside and said it is the last inside for 3. Had to pay 2 times more for this inside than my balcony.

It does not sound like you were adding to your booking, you were creating a new reservation for other people. It sounds like the prices went up since you booked your cabin. I booked an inside last year, and the price has almost doubled.

It does not sound like you were adding to your booking, you were creating a new reservation for other people. It sounds like the prices went up since you booked your cabin. I booked an inside last year, and the price has almost doubled.

Did you get a call from sales on Sunday night or any night.

When you booked your solo cabin, did you pay twice the regular fare for one (except for some taxes)? Usually a solo will pay the cost of two people in a cabin.

If that is the case, a second person should be able to be added to your cabin by only paying the taxes you were not charged for originally.

Unless your cabin is one that can handle four people (has four beds), the other two will be a new booking in a different cabin at current pricing.

Did you get a call from sales on Sunday night or any night.

The call most likely came from Florida or Oregon. Your CC location says you are in Singapore.

Are you in Singapore, Michigan? If so, they definitely called you late.

If you are in the Republic of Singapore in Southeast Asia there is a 12 -15 hour time difference and the call to you was made during Royal's late morning business hours

The call most likely came from Florida or Oregon. Your CC location says you are in Singapore.

Are you in Singapore, Michigan? If so, they definitely called you late.

If you are in the Republic of Singapore in Southeast Asia there is a 12 -15 hour time difference and the call to you was made during Royal's late morning business hours

Call was made from their RCI(UK) office on Sunday morning.

To the other posters, add I to my booking and 2 in new booking works out to be more expensive.

We don't have refundable deposits here.

Call was made from their RCI(UK) office on Sunday morning.

To the other posters, add I to my booking and 2 in new booking works out to be more expensive.

We don't have refundable deposits here.

So what configuration do you want for the four of you?

So what configuration do you want for the four of you?

Since I have balcony we would use this mostly and the inside for sleeping for 2.

I understand I can get new cabin cards for some others for ease of access to my cabin.

Since I have balcony we would use this mostly and the inside for sleeping for 2.

I understand I get new cabin card for to some others for ease of access to my cabin.

I am sorry. I guess that I was not clear. You want two cabins or one cabin? You want to put three in another cabin and keep your balcony cabin?

I understand I can get new cabin cards for some others for ease of access to my cabin.

Yes, you can get extra cabin cards. Guest Services will issue then to you.

I would also call RCI back and ask them to reprice your cruise for both staterooms:

(1) your initial stateroom for one versus it having two people. Assuming you have less than 350 RCI cruise points (cruise days), you most likely paid double for being a solo Cruiser. The additional cost to add one person for this stateroom should just be the taxes.

(2) inside cabin for two will be less than for 3 people. Not sure if you were considering having 3 people registered for this room.