Screwed by Norwegian Again

CaptainBligh

Ok....so they didn't read the fine print!!! How many more people want to continue to hit them with a nasty snarky comment??? Yikes people! Chill out!

The way this person titled the thread sort of set them up for some "snarky" or nasty comments.

Screwed Again?

When someone rants of a forum, there's no guarantee that the replies will be a collective forum group hug with a dose of "...yes, I feel your pain..." or "...that meanie corporation did you wrong...".

When someone complains or rants about something that they could have easily read and blames someone else (NCL) or accuses someone else of wrong doing ("screwed"), the replies are less snarky than the original rant.

I realize that.....but the snarky responses also drive people away and keep them from expressing. Someone complaining about something should not be an open invitation to be nasty but there are some who don't miss the opportunity.

As far as I know you still earn Latitudes Rewards points on cruises shorter than 5 days, the Latitudes amenities just don't apply on those shorter cruises..

You are correct. Points but no Platinum amenities. It is on the site and also on the site is you cannot use a CruiseNext deposit for less than six days.

None of those latitude amenities apply on a cruise of less than 5-days. Latitude amenities are only available for cruises of 5-days or more.

I believe it has been that way for a long time.

Topical customer service quote, "It's not me. It's Norwegian policy."

Well, that's just ridiculous. I'll give you that. Everyone knows the $10 an hour customer service agent is the one who sets policy. What kind of thing are they trying to pull?

For those that don't know, that's sarcasm. And that statement sounds like one that is defensive because the person is feeling that they are being blamed. That feeling can come about because the person is having a bad day, is paranoid, or is dealing with a difficult or abusive customer.

I realize that.....but the snarky responses also drive people away and keep them from expressing. Someone complaining about something should not be an open invitation to be nasty but there are some who don't miss the opportunity.

Someone with 3 posts in 3 1/2 years is not being driven away by anything posted in this thread.

Post #1 - A new thread to complain about NCL (March 2014)

Post #2 - A new thread asking how to post a review of an excursion (January 2015)

Post #3 - A new thread to complain about NCL (September 2017)

For some who vent, just venting makes them feel better. They don't need us to make them feel better.:evilsmile:

Good to know because we are looking to take a 3-day cruise to level up to platinum. I would have assumed that Latitude Rewards follow us. No discount on excursions, I guess.

We were on the Sky 4 day last month and did get the excursion discount as well as photo and on board shop discounts. We also received 60 internet minutes per room. Your discount % will be based on your current Gold level.

CaptainBligh

The Thread Starter has deserted his NCL screwed ship !

No need to do a search and rescue of his complaint which he has gone and left us in the lurch with his personal NCL complaint !

Only consolation is "Read the Fine Print" - Know the Rules of the Cruise documents and the interesting

comments posts about the merits of his complaint !

Now back to something more worth while fighting Windmills with Don Quixote !

I have a cruise to sell you !

Oh did I tell you it you that it is right in the path of a hurricane ?

Changing course did you read the fine print ?

All the best for those cruising in the next week or so - STAY SAFE !

Everyday I receive at least two emails ftom Norwegian Cruise lines regarding some offer to book a new sailing with Norwegian.

So here I am on a sailing out of Miami to Cuba, on a four-day sailing, Norwegian Sky. As a Platinum Plus Norwegian cruise member (with 50+ cruises) I usually have included amenities. Amenities like a free specially dining, free laundry, a bottle of "champagne," etc. READ THE FINE PRINT. WHY? None of those latitude amenities apply on a cruise of less than 5-days. Latitude amenities are only available for cruises of 5-days or more.

So much for Norwegian and their emails hounding you to book another sailing. Every time I turn around Norwegian is finding a new way to screw their most loyal cruisers.

When I questioned the Cruise Rewards associate where this was on the NCL website he had to highlight the fine print on the bottom of the Latitudes page. Question - when you book a cruise that is less than 5-days why isn't it clear that latitude amenities do not apply? Another hidden way that NCL screws passengers!

After an exchange with the Cruise Rewards associate he was quick to try to sell me another Cruise Rewards certificate for another sailing. I told him I was not interested. (Note: The Cruise Rewards associates are rated [and get commissions] on the number of Cruise Rewards certificates they sell.)

I don't blame you for venting. But I do wonder why, if you are plat plus you were not aware of the 5 day requirement. On the other hand, you would think, as a loyal guest even a short cruise would get you a perk or two. Again, don't totally blame NCL, this has been the policy for as long as I can remember.

Your subject heading is not accurate. You were not screwed since that is a known NCL policy. You might not have been aware of it but it's been the policy for quite awhile. So a better subject heading might have been that you don't like the policy or that you think the policy is unfair. But you were not screwed.

Everyday I receive at least two emails ftom Norwegian Cruise lines regarding some offer to book a new sailing with Norwegian.

So here I am on a sailing out of Miami to Cuba, on a four-day sailing, Norwegian Sky. As a Platinum Plus Norwegian cruise member (with 50+ cruises) I usually have included amenities. Amenities like a free specially dining, free laundry, a bottle of "champagne," etc. READ THE FINE PRINT. WHY? None of those latitude amenities apply on a cruise of less than 5-days. Latitude amenities are only available for cruises of 5-days or more.

So much for Norwegian and their emails hounding you to book another sailing. Every time I turn around Norwegian is finding a new way to screw their most loyal cruisers.

When I questioned the Cruise Rewards associate where this was on the NCL website he had to highlight the fine print on the bottom of the Latitudes page. Question - when you book a cruise that is less than 5-days why isn't it clear that latitude amenities do not apply? Another hidden way that NCL screws passengers!

After an exchange with the Cruise Rewards associate he was quick to try to sell me another Cruise Rewards certificate for another sailing. I told him I was not interested. (Note: The Cruise Rewards associates are rated [and get commissions] on the number of Cruise Rewards certificates they sell.)

The entitlement of some people just fascinates me. So you are that special that the rules dont apply to you. Why are you so special and not all the other people who are platinum plus ? What do they tell the others when asked why you got it and they did not?

Technically, if OP got "screwed" that meant that Norwegian didn't give him something he was entitled to. It sounds like he got exactly what he was entitled to, which is no perks for a short cruise. Nobody got screwed by NCL. If anything, he screwed himself because even with 50+ sailings under his belt, he still fails to read the terms and conditions.

Brutal people here

Anyway, if the OP has 50+ cruises on NCL, not only should they let him have his perks, they should comp him the 5 day cruise. Honestly, what are loyalty programs for if you can't comp a 50+ cruiser??

I sympathize with you OP, I would certainly expect more reward for my loyalty.

Brutal people here

Anyway, if the OP has 50+ cruises on NCL, not only should they let him have his perks, they should comp him the 5 day cruise. Honestly, what are loyalty programs for if you can't comp a 50+ cruiser??

I would have thought if one had 50+ cruises they would have reached Ambassador status which would give them a free cruise.

Brutal people here

There is a system to reward "loyalty"

One person may take 50 three day cruises all in an inside stateroom.

Another person may take 25 seven day cruise all in a suite.

The person that books the suite will receive more rewards/points.

Ways To Earn Rewards Points

• Earn 1 point for every cruise night.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night for booking in a Suite* or in The Haven.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer.

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites.

They would both have a long way to go in order to earn a complimentary seven day cruise. (700 points)