Trying to decide between regular balcony, Aqua class, and Concierge class...

ldlewis45

It's for the Summit's Caribbean and Bermuda cruise next April. I've priced them all out, and there's less than $350 difference between getting a regular balcony cabin and getting either an Aqua Class or Concierge Class cabin. The Aqua Class cabin is tempting because of the spa benefits, and the Concierge Class is tempting because of the perks that come with it. I just can't decide between the three different classes, lol.

Edited by ldlewis45

I would vote for Aqua. We don't do much with the spa but the ability to go sit on the heated tile lounger is great. We also like the restaurant blu. The only disadvantage is we can no longer book any other cabin. We've laughed about with other couples we have met at blu. Most of them have had the same experience. One couple we stay in touch got a free upgrade a few years ago. They claim it was an expensive free upgrade since they now only book Aqua.

It's for the Solstice's Caribbean and Bermuda cruise next April. I've priced them all out, and there's less than $350 difference between getting a regular balcony cabin and getting either an Aqua Class or Concierge Class cabin. The Aqua Class cabin is tempting because of the spa benefits, and the Concierge Class is tempting because of the perks that come with it. I just can't decide between the three different classes, lol.

As stated earlier the Concierge perks are mostly fluff or available to everyone on the ship. Aqua Class gets all the Concierge perks except for the embarkation lunch. The big difference with Aqua Class is your assigned dining room is Blu not the Main Dining Room. Blu is smaller and your food is more cooked to order. Most people enjoy Blu however you will see some that don't like it. The only real spa benefit with Aqua that is not available to everyone else is free admission to Persian Gardens. On the Solstice there really is not a big different in the

cabins themselves.

Both Conceierge and Aqua give you more points in Captains Club.

We don't see much value in Conciegre class on the S class ships.

Aqua gets most of the same perks as Conciegre; eg footstools, priority check-in, sparkling wine, afternoon canapés, etc. Conciegre does have a lunch in the MDR on embarkation day that Aqua class doesn't have & a dedicated Conciegre but in 36 cruises I have never used the Conciegre.

For most people the benefit of Aqua class is having Blu as your assigned dining room-much smaller and quieter than MDR and the spa benefits.

For us Aqua is our choice unless I can find a great deal on a Suite;)

Agree with Cruise-stitch if it is $350 total cost for two.

On a 7 day cruise it is less than my $30/ day pp break point for AQ.

The balcony your getting if entry level will be obstructed and to move up to a better location will cost more.

The whole dining experience of sailing in AQ is worth the extra for the perks.

Haven't sailed in Concierge because for me those extra perks over a veranda don't interest me though many others like them. It basically comes down to the cost difference that was never there to justify it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

In that past, I've upgraded from a veranda cabin to Aqua or Concierge when the cost difference was not significant ($200 pp or less). We haven't made it to Captain's Club Elite status yet so the extra points (5/nt instead of 3) are a significant benefit of the upgrade at a low cost for 20 extra points on a 10 night cruise. Persosonally, I prefer Aqua to Concierge on S Class ships since we enjoy dining in Blu. I like the Persian Gardens too but don't spend that much time there to put it at the top of my list. The other Aqua perks (pillow menu, sparkling wine, etc) - I believe - are shared with Concierge.

We were in a 1A veranda cabin on our last cruise. The cost of Concierge and Aqua cabins never dropped - and, by the time the cruise was fully booked, the cost of a veranda cabin was twice what we were paying. So, I was a little concerned about being back in the MDR for dinner. My fears were unfounded. The food was quite good. The only challenge we faced was finding a section in the MDR that we liked. We had Select dining and did move around to different sections the first few nights because of noise and less than stellar service from the sommeliers we encountered. By the fourth night we found our "home" and were seated in the same section each of the remaining nights of our cruise. We loved the waiter (who coincidentally was our waiter in Blu on Reflection on a prior cruise), the assistant waiter and the sommelier who was much more helpful. And it was much quieter - and reminded us of the ambience in Blu. It is the "private" back section of the MDR.

We are booked in Concierge on an upcoming cruise. This will be the first time for us since they introduced the embarkation lunch for Concierge so I can't comment on that perk yet.

Bottom line for me, if the pricing for Concierge and Aqua is the same, I'd choose Aqua.

It's for the Summit's Caribbean and Bermuda cruise next April. I've priced them all out, and there's less than $350 difference between getting a regular balcony cabin and getting either an Aqua Class or Concierge Class cabin. The Aqua Class cabin is tempting because of the spa benefits, and the Concierge Class is tempting because of the perks that come with it. I just can't decide between the three different classes, lol.

Many choose Aqua Class solely for the dedicated Blu Restaurant which my wife and I consider at least as good as a the least best specialty restaurant. While we have used the Persian Garden on M-class ships, it is not nearly as nice as that of the S-class ships since there are no windows and no individual lounges.

If the $350 difference is per cabin, then I would definitely book Aqua. If it is per person and your cruise is only 7 nights, then I would book a regular balcony and use the $50 pp per day instead for specialty restaurants and shore excursions. On a 14 night cruise, with $350 pp difference I would still book Aqua.

I'd be cruising solo, so the <$350 is the total price difference between a regular cabin and an Aqua class or Concierge class cabin (they are the same price on this cruise). I just can't decide whether to pull the trigger and buy the cruise or not. I'm currently booked on a 15-day transatlantic with Norwegian in April, so I'm having to decide whether to cancel that one and book this one instead. The transatlantic is actually several hundred dollars cheaper for me (I got lucky and found an inside room for around $1250), but would be more expensive once I factor in the return flight from Barcelona (and several days in Barcelona, since I'm not going there and just turning around and flying back!).

Personally, I like a bigger cabin so on M class, I would consider concierge or aqua. We often stopped by Blu in passing on Equinox last November and the menus were posted outside. Most nights there wasn't much on the menu that appealed to our tastes. Perhaps you could find some recent Blu menus and peruse them to see if it is something you would like.

We always booked Concierge - didn't see the value in Aqua until our friends convinced us to try it. Loved Blu and now will never book anything less than Aqua Class. Great service in Blu and very accommodating. We say do it!

Depending on the difference in price, we've usually been in concierge class but have also stayed in Aqua. We enjoyed Blu but were unimpressed with Persian gardens. If you were planning to dine in the specialty restaurants, I probably would save the $350 & use it for those restaurants.

I would opt for a standard balcony room for that kind of price difference. CC amentities are nice for no more than $50 pp to us, mainly for the footrest an the balcony. I know that many people love aqua, but Persian Gardens does not appeal. Laying on a rock hard heated lounger is not our idea of relaxation. After peeking in at Blu, we decided that so many small tables so close together is also not for us. We like to share a large table in order to meet people. I guess it all depends on what value one pits on the differences. Like someone said, perhaps use the money saved on a balcony & use it on specialty restaurants, or excursions.

Aqua or Concierge??

As you are travelling solo -- in Blu they usually do not sit you with anyone. I know the tables are close together but what if the people close to your table do not wish to have a conversation with you. That is the reason I have not sailed in Aqua although I would probably enjoy the restaurant.

I have sailed solo in a veranda and concierge - specifically for the extra points (5 vs 3) to reach my current level. Requested MDR to sit at a table for 6-8 and have been fortunate on most cruises to meet some very nice people, some of whom I am still in touch with. As others have said, the benefits of concierge are nothing to write home about.

I'd be cruising solo, so the <$350 is the total price difference between a regular cabin and an Aqua class or Concierge class cabin (they are the same price on this cruise). I just can't decide whether to pull the trigger and buy the cruise or not. I'm currently booked on a 15-day transatlantic with Norwegian in April, so I'm having to decide whether to cancel that one and book this one instead. The transatlantic is actually several hundred dollars cheaper for me (I got lucky and found an inside room for around $1250), but would be more expensive once I factor in the return flight from Barcelona (and several days in Barcelona, since I'm not going there and just turning around and flying back!).

Just to put the $350 in perspective, on a 14 night cruise you could go to a specialty restaurant every single night using the multiple specialty restaurant package! On the other hand, M-class does not offer much of a variety in specialty restaurants compared to S-class - just Tuscan Grille, Qsine and Sushi on Five.

On the Summit you will get a much larger balcony with concierge class. Ours had a foot stool and nice little table. As others have mentioned the C1 at the back next to a suite is very nice. Check out the price for a suite also. Sometimes you can get a sky suite for not much more than concierge. We prefer concierge over Aqua. You get double the cruise points, plus love the extras. We were not impressed with Blu.