Would you move?

yuvraj

We usually sit on the aisle in order to stealthily leave if the show is not up to snuff. So if you ask us nicely to move over a couple of seats we would courteously comply buy don't huff 'n puff, and stump your feet if we obstruct you view of a second or two in the middle of the show as we pass in front of you performing our escape act.

Happy wife happy life! If you would have forced her to move trust me you would have heard about it ALL NIGHT LONG. It was a simple request but as some have mentioned the manner of the request makes a difference sometimes, not to mention if she was happy where she was and did not desire to move someplace else then she was perfectly within her right. There are quite a few factors in play here but from the way that my father and grandfather taught me, if you stand up for her and make her happy she will in turn appreciate it and make you happy as well! That said I would have politely declined and relaxed and watched the show with my wife!

Why did the person askingyou to move not want the empty seats they wanted you to move to but wanted the ones you and your Dw occupiED? Was there something wrong ab out the seats they asked you to move to that I missed in your OP?

Six seats were available in a row but they needed more.

Happy wife happy life! If you would have forced her to move trust me you would have heard about it ALL NIGHT LONG. It was a simple request but as some have mentioned the manner of the request makes a difference sometimes, not to mention if she was happy where she was and did not desire to move someplace else then she was perfectly within her right. There are quite a few factors in play here but from the way that my father and grandfather taught me, if you stand up for her and make her happy she will in turn appreciate it and make you happy as well! That said I would have politely declined and relaxed and watched the show with my wife!

Good points,my wife would move only if the seat she moved to did not have someone tall sitting in front of her.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

The number of replies justifies you asking the question,and I'm sure the answers confirm what most of us would do.

Good question IMO.

Agreed. Awful judgmental to assume they have issues...everything doesn't have to be so serious...life's to short for that. It could all be in good fun. Maybe they came here to settle a bet. I can fully admit I tend to be stubborn and could see myself coming here in order to try to get a "win" against my fiance (hey, I need to get them when I can ;p)...and it would all be in jest.

If they asked nicely AND if it involved only moving over 2 seats AND if the sight lines on the new seats were good AND if the new group had arrived a reasonable time before curtain instead of just before the show started, I probably would have moved. Note however that the logical AND rule require that all of the conditions be met before the action occurs. If any of the conditions are not met, we don't move.

DON

These seats were reserved for suite passengers. The suite passengers got there early and picked out the seats they wanted. They sat patiently waiting for the show to begin. At some point before the show the suite seats were open to the public.

Someone waited patiently, stalking out the seats until the seating was opened to the public. She then tried to push her way into the "good" seats that she hadn't paid for but was now allowed to use. Instead of being happy that she could get a seat there she started gathering her friends to sit there as well. This meant them having to get up and disrupt the people in the seats they were already in. Then she expected the person that actually paid for the right to sit there to move. Being rude to me would not have been the way to win.

Had it been me, I would have said no. I paid for my seat and I was entitled to use it. Why should I move? You came into where I was sitting.

Unless, like some PPs have stated if it were a family with small kids or for a disabled person but not because you couldn't bear to be separated from your friends who already had seats for 30 minutes.

These seats were reserved for suite passengers. The suite passengers got there early and picked out the seats they wanted. They sat patiently waiting for the show to begin. At some point before the show the suite seats were open to the public.

Someone waited patiently, stalking out the seats until the seating was opened to the public. She then tried to push her way into the "good" seats that she hadn't paid for but was now allowed to use. Instead of being happy that she could get a seat there she started gathering her friends to sit there as well. This meant them having to get up and disrupt the people in the seats they were already in. Then she expected the person that actually paid for the right to sit there to move. Being rude to me would not have been the way to win.

Had it been me, I would have said no. I paid for my seat and I was entitled to use it. Why should I move? You came into where I was sitting.

Unless, like some PPs have stated if it were a family with small kids or for a disabled person but not because you couldn't bear to be separated from your friends who already had seats for 30 minutes.

Well said and I agree completely! (y)(y)

I think this is a case for, "Poor planning on your part does not constitute and emergency on mine." I wouldn't say that - I'd tell them nicely, but in these circumstances if they wanted 8 seats together they should have planned ahead, rather than inconveniencing you and your wife. I'm with your wife.

I think this is a case for, "Poor planning on your part does not constitute and emergency on mine." I wouldn't say that - I'd tell them nicely, but in these circumstances if they wanted 8 seats together they should have planned ahead, rather than inconveniencing you and your wife. I'm with your wife.

They were probably sitting in a bar until the last minute while some people sit 30 minutes before the show to get a good seat.

They were probably sitting in a bar until the last minute while some people sit 30 minutes before the show to get a good seat.

More likely they were hogging lounge chairs for the next day, or having a smoke in a non smoking area. :D Or of course they could have been delayed because one of the was on the internet checking in on an ill family member. The point is who cares why they were late.They are only asking for you to move over 2 spots, not to change from the front row to the back row, or asking you to wear shorts in the MDR for dinner. :eek:

More likely they were hogging lounge chairs for the next day, or having a smoke in a non smoking area. :D Or of course they could have been delayed because one of the was on the internet checking in on an ill family member. The point is who cares why they were late.They are only asking for you to move over 2 spots, not to change from the front row to the back row, or asking you to wear shorts in the MDR for dinner. :eek:

Like i said previously,if someone asks politely we are happy to move but if someone gets arrogant and full of their own importance and tries to bully well i will look them in the eyes and say no.

Brings back memories of my only Carnival cruise. I went to the late night adult comedy show. There was an entire table free (sits about 4) and I plopped down. Some young people (they didn't look 18 to me but who knows?) very rudely told me they were saving that table for more of their group. Of course the policy is no saving. And why didn't one of them sit there to save? I refused to get up and they started cussing at me. I still stayed. Don't know if I was right or wrong but can't see saving an entire table for friends who aren't there yet and the show is getting ready to start.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Brings back memories of my only Carnival cruise. I went to the late night adult comedy show. There was an entire table free (sits about 4) and I plopped down. Some young people (they didn't look 18 to me but who knows?) very rudely told me they were saving that table for more of their group. Of course the policy is no saving. And why didn't one of them sit there to save? I refused to get up and they started cussing at me. I still stayed. Don't know if I was right or wrong but can't see saving an entire table for friends who aren't there yet and the show is getting ready to start.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Well done for standing up to bullys.

I make sure that I am always super early for things that I want to get a good seat for. I don't really enjoy sitting in a theater for 45-30 minutes before a show starts, but I want to be able to pick whatever seat I want and that way it ensures that I can. There is absolutely NO WAY in this situation that I would be moving for anyone. I cannot stand when I see people come in after the lights are dim and the show is about to start and they interrupt everyone else trying to find seats and expecting people to move. No way, I purposely used MY PRECIOUS time to get here early enough, you arrive last minute, expect to get whatever is left and don't be rude and expect anyone to move because you had better things going on to get there early enough. I would never ever expect anyone to move for me, I would take a seat where one is available even if it meant splitting up my group because that's what happens when you can't arrive earlier.

I make sure that I am always super early for things that I want to get a good seat for. I don't really enjoy sitting in a theater for 45-30 minutes before a show starts, but I want to be able to pick whatever seat I want and that way it ensures that I can. There is absolutely NO WAY in this situation that I would be moving for anyone. I cannot stand when I see people come in after the lights are dim and the show is about to start and they interrupt everyone else trying to find seats and expecting people to move. No way, I purposely used MY PRECIOUS time to get here early enough, you arrive last minute, expect to get whatever is left and don't be rude and expect anyone to move because you had better things going on to get there early enough. I would never ever expect anyone to move for me, I would take a seat where one is available even if it meant splitting up my group because that's what happens when you can't arrive earlier.

We usually arrive about 15 minutes before a show and normally have a good choice of seats.

Anyone coming in late and trying to get past people causes disruption not only to people sitting but also distracting for the performers.

I'm all for being polite, but we always arrive early to get the seats we want, especially in a group. And by early, I mean I'm seated at least 30 minutes prior to showtime. So I'm very much of the mind that, if you want to choose, you arrive early, or take what is available. I would never expect others to accommodate my tardiness, so I feel no obligation to accommodate that of others.

This is my feeling also. I will gladly move over a seat or two to accommodate a family, but I'm not relocating because 8 or 10 people want to sit together. With that large of a group, they need to plan ahead better and be early to every event if contiguous seating is a deal breaking issue for them. If they show up at the 11th hour to whatever function, then they need to be willing to accept whatever is available.

It always amazes me (although I don't know why) how selfish some people are when they're on a cruise. It's like they are going to do whatever they want because they're on vacation, without any regard whatsoever for how others may feel. I notice how some people get on the ship and immediately fall into that mindset when it comes to things like this and also in regard to what their children are doing. They're going to enjoy themselves no matter what. To h--- with everyone else.

No issue for us. We would gladly move as long as our our view was not compromised. Why not?

We would not,however, move if we could not get another two seats by the aisle. We always select those seats in case we want to make an exit left....which is often the case these days.

Same here. Plan ahead, people.

I would follow my wife's lead if she was wrong or right. In this case she seemed right to me anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[emoji4] I like this answer hehe.

I would say like many others it depends on how I'm asked first of all. If you're asking politely chances are definitely better. When asked rudely absolutely not going to happen.

I also try to get to shows on a cruise and off early because I like to have a good seat. Now if it's a full theater and there are a couple or parents with children and my moving a couple of seats would allow them to sit together then I think generally you should move.

I've been part of a larger party before and there was not seats for all of us together. If you didn't plan and get there early enough to find available seats together then lack of planning on your part doesn't necessarily constitute an emergency on mine. In this situation myself before I've just simply found a couple of seats together and split up the party. Not a huge deal you shouldn't be socializing during the show anyway.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

I haven't had the opportunity to try this, but I have been told that someone once said in reply to a very pushy seat change demand, "I got here 15 minutes early so I could pick the seat I wanted; since my time is worth $200/hour to my clients, you can have these seats for the same rate. That's $50 bucks....each". Reportedly the requester didn't think the seats were worth that much and huffily sat elsewhere, but everyone else nearby had a good laugh. 😂

I can just about picture what went down.

Lady and husband come in and see open seats on both sides of you and figures you can just move over so she waves at her friends that are already seated across the theater and yells to them "There's room here for all of us! These people can just move over!" She then turns to you and says "my friends are coming to sit with us here so can you move over?"

Am I about right?

In this case I wouldn't move either.